Playoffs

BigHurt3515

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 08:13 AM)
4. They just didn't make the playoffs for one of them because the playoffs didn't happen.

Can you really count the strike season since nobody won anything? they definitely would have won the division but ultimately that season is lost.

Edited by TheTruth05

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 08:23 AM)
Can you really count the strike out season since nobody won anything? they definitely would have won the division but ultimately that season is lost.

They finished in 1st place. It was an empty win, but they definitely won the division.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 08:23 AM)
Can you really count the strike season since nobody won anything? they definitely would have won the division but ultimately that season is lost.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 08:24 AM)
They finished in 1st place. It was an empty win, but they definitely won the division.

If they can award MVPs, Cy Youngs, Manager of the Year, ROY, etc. during a strike shortened year, I have no problem saying the White Sox won the division that year even though noboby "officially" won it and there were no playoffs.

QUOTE (lasttriptotulsa @ Feb 11, 2014 -> 08:44 AM)
If they can award MVPs, Cy Youngs, Manager of the Year, ROY, etc. during a strike shortened year, I have no problem saying the White Sox won the division that year even though noboby "officially" won it and there were no playoffs.

I will say that the Braves made the playoffs 14 consecutive times, but I will not say they won the division 15 consecutive times, because they did not.

You can say the Sox won the division in 1994 but you can't say they made the playoffs, and it figures that was the season for no playoffs. Thomas and Franco were out of their minds offensively.

Julio Franco was one guy who never gets mentioned as to how good he was. In his one year with the White Sox, whatever Frank didn't drive in, including himself, he did.

The guy put up a .799 OPS as a 46 year old. The "wrong side of 30" didn't apply to him.

Edited by Dick Allen