Teen Sues Parents

Reddy

I can't comment about the rest of my generation, but I know I've personally held a job since I was 16. I've also paid all my own bills since I was 18. The examples of entitled kids these says more about the individuals and their upbringings than it does about the generation, in my opinion.

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow.

f*** you guys.

f*** you guys hard.

I LIVE HERE, you don't. I WAS THERE the days after the storm - YOU WEREN'T. You all have no f***ing clue what you're f***ing talking about. The red cross was doing PHOTO OPS while there were people huddled around generators with NO FOOD and NO WATER and no SHELTER. But FEMA and the red cross were taking pictures of their "workers" in front of their trucks!

Honestly I don't even feel like explaining myself to you midwest f***ers who have no idea what this place was like. The MAJORITY of the emergency relief in the weeks following the storm was provided and orchestrated by Occupy. I was f***ing THERE.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 04:12 PM)
Where did "the movement" get the trucks and tools to do that? Since they did "most" of the work. How much money did they raise for the rebuilding of homes and businesses?

Wait, I found it. A laughable 1.4 million.

f*** you

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 04:25 PM)
Hell they couldn't clean up the parks they took over. There were several towns that spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to fix them after they left.

and f*** you.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 03:12 PM)
Where did "the movement" get the trucks and tools to do that? Since they did "most" of the work. How much money did they raise for the rebuilding of homes and businesses?

Wait, I found it. A laughable 1.4 million.

I can't really comment on the veracity of either of your claims, but I don't think donating money = doing a lot of cleanup work. Make a lot of it possible? Sure. But it was pretty clear he was referring to boots on the ground.

I also think it's kind of funny that he made that comment in response to statements that Occupy was full of a bunch of entitled kids, and your response is to say "they didn't donate nearly as much money as all these other groups." Throwing money at a problem is a hallmark of entitlement.

Look, I wasn't a fan of Occupy. I thought nationally it came off as a bunch of whiners. But in this instance, even if his claims are only half true, he has a point.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 10:36 PM)
Wow.

f*** you guys.

f*** you guys hard.

I LIVE HERE, you don't. I WAS THERE the days after the storm - YOU WEREN'T. You all have no f***ing clue what you're f***ing talking about. The red cross was doing PHOTO OPS while there were people huddled around generators with NO FOOD and NO WATER and no SHELTER. But FEMA and the red cross were taking pictures of their "workers" in front of their trucks!

Honestly I don't even feel like explaining myself to you midwest f***ers who have no idea what this place was like. The MAJORITY of the emergency relief in the weeks following the storm was provided and orchestrated by Occupy. I was f***ing THERE.

Yikes.

Wow.

f*** you guys.

f*** you guys hard.

Sorry Reddy, but whether they're still around or not, the Occupy movement was stupid from the get go. It's complete lack of organization allowed it to be instantly hijacked by the wrong people.

Maybe the one small subsection of that entire movement did something good, and maybe it happened to be the one you were involved with, but overall, it was a failure of epic proportions, and it solved nothing before fizzling out.

IF that movements is still around, nobody that's not directly involved in it knows. So it may as well be gone.

Edited by Y2HH

Wow.

f*** you guys.

f*** you guys hard.

Just blame Bush.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 03:25 PM)
Hell they couldn't clean up the parks they took over. There were several towns that spent hundreds of thousands of dollars to fix them after they left.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Mar 6, 2014 -> 10:37 PM)
and f*** you.

f*** him for what, telling the truth?

Take your blinders off.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=occupy+cleanup+costs

Since you obviously never bothered and are blind to reality, I Googled it for you. I'm sure NBClosangeles is anti Occupy when they're one of those reporting on the costs of cleaning up after they didn't bother. NBCNEWS.com must be a bunch of Republicans trying to smear the movement, too.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 09:07 AM)
He'd be more than happy too.

You dumb Fox News watching Neocon! OPEN YOUR EYES. They've fooled you! Bush caused Sandy with his global warming policies! RACHEL MADDOW FOR QUEEN PRINCESS OF THE WORLD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 12:05 AM)
I can't really comment on the veracity of either of your claims, but I don't think donating money = doing a lot of cleanup work. Make a lot of it possible? Sure. But it was pretty clear he was referring to boots on the ground.

I also think it's kind of funny that he made that comment in response to statements that Occupy was full of a bunch of entitled kids, and your response is to say "they didn't donate nearly as much money as all these other groups." Throwing money at a problem is a hallmark of entitlement.

Look, I wasn't a fan of Occupy. I thought nationally it came off as a bunch of whiners. But in this instance, even if his claims are only half true, he has a point.

Raising money isnt a bunch of entitled people throwing money at an issue, far from it. These groups helped rebuild the area, fund the actual repair of resources, business and homes. They also helped bring the equipment needed to bring the area back to what it is supposed to be ecologically. Reddy's group of kids could have moved as much sand in 3 months as one truck did in an hour.

It's LAUGHABLE to think that anything related to Occupy cleaned up "most" of the Sandy damage. It's completely false and crazy.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 09:22 AM)
Raising money isnt a bunch of entitled people throwing money at an issue, far from it. These groups helped rebuild the area, fund the actual repair of resources, business and homes. They also helped bring the equipment needed to bring the area back to what it is supposed to be ecologically. Reddy's group of kids could have moved as much sand in 3 months as one truck did in an hour.

It's LAUGHABLE to think that anything related to Occupy cleaned up "most" of the Sandy damage. It's completely false and crazy.

They simply didn't have the machinery necessary, as you stated, to do anything in that short amount of time. Had this been done by people without huge machines, it would still be in the beginnings of it's rebuild phase.

Wow.

f*** you guys.

f*** you guys hard.

You must be the only person who lives in that area. We couldnt possibly have relatives or co-workers that went through hardships after the storm. After you get off your crazy train, how about SOME EVIDENCE of "the movement" doing MOST of the cleanup. Anything. A quote, a figure, anything. Because I know FOR A FACT, not a single Occupy person helped my brother in law find his belongings and help him with clothes on his kids backs or help him get the funds needed not only to take care of his family during the time of rebuild or actually help him rebuild his house. They didnt move tons and tons of sand out of habitable areas to they could clean and rebuild housing and local business. They had nothing to do with making sure there was adequate health care and medication for those with needs who lost everything.

So tell me, in the 1.4 million dollars they put towards the cause, how much did it actually help? Those thousands of people they claim to have thrown at the issue, what did they actually do?

Wow.

f*** you guys.

f*** you guys hard.

See ya.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 09:22 AM)

Yeah, his claim about "most" was overstated, you're right. But I also don't think you're giving enough to credit to actually being there and doing something about it, not just donating money. Donating money is great! Don't get me wrong, it's more than I did. But you have to give some credit to people who actually went there and did something about it. And for OWS to do a fair amount makes sense given its location.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 09:28 AM)
You must be the only person who lives in that area. We couldnt possibly have relatives or co-workers that went through hardships after the storm. After you get off your crazy train, how about SOME EVIDENCE of "the movement" doing MOST of the cleanup. Anything. A quote, a figure, anything. Because I know FOR A FACT, not a single Occupy person helped my brother in law find his belongings and help him with clothes on his kids backs or help him get the funds needed not only to take care of his family during the time of rebuild or actually help him rebuild his house. They didnt move tons and tons of sand out of habitable areas to they could clean and rebuild housing and local business. They had nothing to do with making sure there was adequate health care and medication for those with needs who lost everything.

So tell me, in the 1.4 million dollars they put towards the cause, how much did it actually help? Those thousands of people they claim to have thrown at the issue, what did they actually do?

Forward to 2:26 for the point of this...but if you haven't already seen it, watch the whole thing. That's 2:26 is what this reminds me of.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 09:00 AM)
Sorry Reddy, but whether they're still around or not, the Occupy movement was stupid from the get go. It's complete lack of organization allowed it to be instantly hijacked by the wrong people.

Maybe the one small subsection of that entire movement did something good, and maybe it happened to be the one you were involved with, but overall, it was a failure of epic proportions, and it solved nothing before fizzling out.

IF that movements is still around, nobody that's not directly involved in it knows. So it may as well be gone.

the Occupy movement is the left wing Tea Party.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 09:32 AM)
Yeah, his claim about "most" was overstated, you're right. But I also don't think you're giving enough to credit to actually being there and doing something about it, not just donating money. Donating money is great! Don't get me wrong, it's more than I did. But you have to give some credit to people who actually went there and did something about it. And for OWS to do a fair amount makes sense given its location.

Yes but those large orgs had tens of thousands of qualified workers doing 100 times the good that those Occupy kids did.

s***, there were religious orgs that probably did the same amount of work. Volunteers in general are great, but Occupy was a portion of a tiny drop in a bucket. In the case of Sandy, money was incredibly important due to the vast desolation of so much infrastructure and the complete collapse of local economy.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 09:38 AM)
And both started, IMO, with admirable goals/concerns and were quickly swallowed up by other, larger groups.

And I hate that. You literally cannot start a group like that who wants to change something without either being infiltrated by radicals who give you a bad name or a larger group who just adopts you as their current method of communicatio. Its frustrating.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 09:40 AM)
Yes but those large orgs had tens of thousands of qualified workers doing 100 times the good that those Occupy kids did.

s***, there were religious orgs that probably did the same amount of work. Volunteers in general are great, but Occupy was a portion of a tiny drop in a bucket. In the case of Sandy, money was incredibly important due to the vast desolation of so much infrastructure and the complete collapse of local economy.

This is a good point.

I think our difference here is that I'm lending some credence to his claim that larger organizations -- Red Cross, for instance -- did not do as much as the media portrayed them to. But you're right, there were probably plenty of religious organizations and nonprofits who didn't get media attention who also help out a lot.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Mar 7, 2014 -> 09:47 AM)
This is a good point.

I think our difference here is that I'm lending some credence to his claim that larger organizations -- Red Cross, for instance -- did not do as much as the media portrayed them to. But you're right, there were probably plenty of religious organizations and nonprofits who didn't get media attention who also help out a lot.

The Red Cross basically passes out money. As far as manpower, they are all distributors of goods. When my house burned down they were the first group to take care of us and give us money out of nowhere. It literally was the only way I had a change of clothes. They are surprisingly a great comfort when disaster strikes. But I dont see any of them helping rebuild infrastructure. I DO like how groups like those make their activities public i.e. you can see where every dollar goes towards a disaster. I LOVE transparency.

More than 17,000 trained Red Cross disaster workers – 90 percent of them volunteers – were deployed from all over the country to help people affected by the devastating storm. The response included:

Serving more than 17.5 million meals and snacks in a huge feeding operation.

Handing out more than 7 million relief items such as cold weather items and clean-up supplies.

Providing nearly 113,000 health services and emotional support contacts for people who have been living in very tough conditions.

Providing 74,000 overall shelter stays for Sandy.