White Sox winner!

Bighurt52235

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 02:19 PM)
PITCHf/x says Deduno threw 7 fastballs, but it's hard to tell because all of his fastballs always have sink or run (or both) to them. He doesn't really throw a straight 4-seamer. And a guy with Deduno's stuff is going to make a lot of guys look really bad. Nobody squared a ball up against him, and Eaton looked even worse.

That's a guy I'd really like to see the Sox get if the Twins ever let him go.

he had good stuff.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 09:17 AM)
He's nasty. He's got the nice combination of having good stuff and having hitters terrified because nobody knows where it's going.

Farmer was just raving about his forkball/splitter. He basically called the WP, without hitting on exactly which pitch it would be.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 06:05 PM)
When you're intimidating opponents into your second game, it's good.

Doesn't say much for what they think of Dunn, especially with a righty on the bump

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 10:55 AM)
Not only did Eaton look horrible, but that balk pitch that didn't count was absolutely filthy. Deduno was throwing a lot of sliders but that pitch had a lot of hump to it. I was worried Eaton was going to hurt himself with the swing he threw at it.

Didn't Stone say it was the best pitch he's seen all year? Why do the Twins have him rotting at the end of the bullpen? The Twins are just brutal. I know they have some good prospects, but man they suck bad. It doesn't help when your franchise player is a better Mark Grace.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 10:55 AM)
Not only did Eaton look horrible, but that balk pitch that didn't count was absolutely filthy. Deduno was throwing a lot of sliders but that pitch had a lot of hump to it. I was worried Eaton was going to hurt himself with the swing he threw at it.

Not the first time it's happened.

"something something good hitters aren't afraid of looking bad something something" - some old guy

Edited by witesoxfan

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 11:11 AM)
Didn't Stone say it was the best pitch he's seen all year? Why do the Twins have him rotting at the end of the bullpen? The Twins are just brutal. I know they have some good prospects, but man they suck bad. It doesn't help when your franchise player is a better Mark Grace.

It makes absolutely no sense. His sinking stuff is like as nasty as Kevin Brown. He doesn't strike guys out now, but he definitely has the ability to do so. His GB/FB last year was 3 and he threw 60% ground balls. The dude is absolutely a ridiculously talented pitcher and the Twins instead are starting Kevin Correia and Mike Pelfrey. It's mind-boggling.

QUOTE (Leonard Zelig @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 01:04 PM)
The fact is that Dunn has a .722 OPS as a White Sox and that is why many people do not like him.

It's .781 the last two years and he's hit 75 homers over that time frame too. He's a good offensive player, especially against right handed pitchers.