White Sox winner!

Bighurt52235

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 06:46 PM)
Semien doesn't look like he's ready at the plate. No big deal, just more time in AAA needed.

You very well could be right but either way it's going to take more than 2 bad games to prove that.

Kind of interesting...Correia said after the game that the length of the review on the Eaton play forced him out of the game because he got cold on the bench.

They won the review, but it may have cost them a game. Never know what would have happened, but we'll take it.

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 07:05 PM)
When you're intimidating opponents into your second game, it's good.

I think it's more having Dunn hitting behind him. It's not too often managers iwalk the righty-righty matchup to get to a righty-lefty matchup. At this point in his career, Dunn should probably be sitting in the 7 or 8 hole.

Ramirez has shown throughout his career that he's a more productive hitter when he's towards the bottom of the order. I'm not going to extrapolate anything from 2 April games against one of the least talented teams we'll face, ever. The Twins are going to be all time bad imo.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 08:07 PM)
Ramirez has shown throughout his career that he's a more productive hitter when he's towards the bottom of the order. I'm not going to extrapolate anything from 2 April games against one of the least talented teams we'll face, ever. The Twins are going to be all time bad imo.

In positions he has had significant ABs, unless he is hitting 8th or 9th, 2nd has been his most productive position.

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 05:07 PM)
Great Win! Lets get the sweep!

It sucked that Minnesota pretty much gave us the victory but I only saw the 11th inning, so maybe that doesn't tell the whole story.

I also thought it was hilarious that Adam Dunn had no idea that the winning run was scoring as he was pimping his walk. Thats okay though, I'd rather he just be focused on hitting, and he did have a good at bat.

Go Sox!

First off...the Twinkies were DAMN LUCKY to even be ahead...or even to have scored that game if you want to be honest. They get more friggin gift runs against the Sox than any team I've ever seen. To say they gave us the victory...not buying it.

As for Dunn and the wild pitch...I was thinking what might have been going thru his mind is if he actually had to go to first and touch it...seemed he was confused for a bit. Pretty sure he knew it was the winning run...that's just insulting his intelligence.

The only problem I had was only letting Cleto see one hitter, and then letting Jones see too many. Downs can't walk Mauer though, that's his job as LOOGY. If he gets a hit, that sucks , but don't give him a free pass

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 06:44 PM)
If Marcus is playing, he's still my 2 hitter, 2 games isn't going to change that. Not to mention, I really like Ale down in the order.

Anywho, the Sox-Astros alcs followed by Sox-Marlins WS is starting to look pretty good.

It'd be different if he actually hit the ball hard and went 0-10. Instead, he's popping up and striking out on pitches out of the zone. Like Jake said, he's not ready.

I'm all for letting him play as long as Gordon can't, but he shouldn't be hitting second, one of the most important spots in the lineup. I'm surprised we've scored 12 runs so far with a big black hole in the 2 spot.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (BaconOnAStick @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 04:42 PM)
Alexei in the 2 hole, now.

I really want Semien to be given the opportunity to work through his butterflies and get a chance there. Even after Beckham is healthy. Semien profiles to be a guy who handles that spot, whereas we should already know exactly what Alexei is, as he's not young and we've seen him for awhile.

Please no knee jerk reactions to a couple positive recent outcomes. We need to be smarter than that, and we need to develop young talent. That's what this year is about.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 08:53 PM)
It'd be different if he actually hit the ball hard and went 0-10. Instead, he's popping up and striking out on pitches out of the zone. Like Jake said, he's not ready.

I'm all for letting him play as long as Gordon can't, but he shouldn't be hitting second, one of the most important spots in the lineup. I'm surprised we've scored 12 runs so far with a big black hole in the 2 spot.

It's 2 games. Every player in the major leagues has looked like crap for 2 straight games. He could be pressing and one hit could turn that around. I obviously don't know that but you can't tell me he's not ready because of 2 games.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 09:05 PM)
It's 2 games. Every player in the major leagues has looked like crap for 2 straight games. He could be pressing and one hit could turn that around. I obviously don't know that but you can't tell me he's not ready because of 2 games.

IMO putting him in the 2 spot might make him press even more.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 09:17 PM)
I don't necessarily think that's true but I can buy that argument.

Again, nobody's saying he shouldn't play. He should be getting playing time, I just don't think it should be in the 2 spot. Especially when we're trying to get guys on base in front of Abreu.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 07:51 PM)
I think it's more having Dunn hitting behind him. It's not too often managers iwalk the righty-righty matchup to get to a righty-lefty matchup. At this point in his career, Dunn should probably be sitting in the 7 or 8 hole.

He shouldn't be hitting cleanup, but the Sox offense is bad. Deduno obviously feared him enough today to pitch around him, and it ultimately led to the game winner.

Abreu is a far superior hitter to Dunn, but acting like Dunn is a complete chump up there is wrong.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 08:53 PM)

I have only seen two of Semien's ABs, so, if we're making judgments based on 2 games, I can make judgments based on 20% of his plate appearances.

The first I saw was his last appearance on Monday. In June, July, or August, that ball is gone or off the wall. He scalded that ball.

Today, he got rung up on a perfect curveball on the black when he was looking for a fastball.

Again, it's 2 out of 10, but Semien has looked fine to me. He appears to be seeing the ball well and has a plan at the plate. I love him already, and he's 0 for 10.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 3, 2014 -> 02:30 AM)
He shouldn't be hitting cleanup, but the Sox offense is bad. Deduno obviously feared him enough today to pitch around him, and it ultimately led to the game winner.

Abreu is a far superior hitter to Dunn, but acting like Dunn is a complete chump up there is wrong.

I have only seen two of Semien's ABs, so, if we're making judgments based on 2 games, I can make judgments based on 20% of his plate appearances.

The first I saw was his last appearance on Monday. In June, July, or August, that ball is gone or off the wall. He scalded that ball.

Today, he got rung up on a perfect curveball on the black when he was looking for a fastball.

Again, it's 2 out of 10, but Semien has looked fine to me. He appears to be seeing the ball well and has a plan at the plate. I love him already, and he's 0 for 10.

there were two strikes on him with a man on second, and he strikes out looking. And why would he be looking fastball? I only saw deduno throw one fastball the entire inning, which was the first pitch to Dunn. he also looked bad that entire at bat.

QUOTE (Hawkfan @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 09:38 PM)
there were two strikes on him with a man on second, and he strikes out looking. And why would he be looking fastball? I only saw deduno throw one fastball the entire inning, which was the first pitch to Dunn. he also looked bad that entire at bat.

He chased high pitches in the high leverage situations. To strike out twice in situations where you had to make contact is bad...especially when you're the #2 hitter. Yesterday's game was fine though.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 09:30 PM)

I've seen all his AB's. He's just in between right now. He's too passive at the plate. Against the Twins reliever with real good stuff (name escapes me), he started the bat on every pitch in a defensive manner. Every single hitter in the history of baseball goes through it. I'm not giving up on Marcus and I'm not anointing Beckham the second baseman after watching him basically suck for over 4 years.

QUOTE (Lemon_44 @ Apr 2, 2014 -> 07:51 PM)

I too think Dunn should just be sitting. Preferably not being bothered to come out of the dugout 5x a game