Jose Abreu Makes His Big-League Splash

royoung

Abreu's 2nd HR was just hammered. i don't want to get my hopes up too soon because it's some NL pitching, but he's got some POWER.

there are going to be some ups and downs this season, but i like how this team responded after Robin not being too happy after monday's loss.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 12:29 PM)
Those were some bombs, but I'd say Avi displayed even more power. Great to see - great time to be a White Sox fan.

All hail Hahn.

Let's just hope Garcia doesn't get homer happy and starts swinging for the fences all the time.

QUOTE (ptatc @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 01:57 PM)
Let's just hope Garcia doesn't get homer happy and starts swinging for the fences all the time.

I'm actually not sure that would be a worse approach than the one he has now by all that much given the power he does seem to have.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 01:01 PM)
I'm actually not sure that would be a worse approach than the one he has now by all that much given the power he does seem to have.

I kind of agree. He hits many balls hard, but his groundball rate is one Leury Garcia would be proud of. If he is thinking about homers, maybe he gets the ball in the air a bit more, and if he does, more runs will happen.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 02:06 PM)
I kind of agree. He hits many balls hard, but his groundball rate is one Leury Garcia would be proud of. If he is thinking about homers, maybe he gets the ball in the air a bit more, and if he does, more runs will happen.

I found it interesting that both of the pitches he demolished yesterday were high and tight, I feel like poeple have been getting him out there the last few games.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 9, 2014 -> 01:06 PM)

I think part of his GB issues are that he's always reaching out of the zone to hit stuff. When he hits liners, they travel, he just needs better pitches to get more liners.