White Sox Winner!!

BigHurt3515

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2014 -> 02:28 PM)
If you're going to fall back on the "you don't know what's happening in the clubhouse" thing then the only reasonable way to evaluate a manager is based on what's on the field, and last year's team was worse than eating cheerios soaked in urine.

As opposed to falling back on backseat driving, to which I would say enjoy your breakfast

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 17, 2014 -> 03:33 PM)
As opposed to falling back on backseat driving, to which I would say enjoy your breakfast

So you never, ever suggest that you think a GM or manager is doing something wrong in any of your posts and you believe you should just trust them?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2014 -> 02:35 PM)
So you never, ever suggest that you think a GM or manager is doing something wrong in any of your posts and you believe you should just trust them?

Lets not confuse occasionally criticizing decisions with having an obvious agenda. In no way do I think Robin is perfect, but you would find a way to criticize a decision robin made if the Sox won the World Series 15-0 on a sale no hitter and 4 Abreu home runs

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 17, 2014 -> 03:44 PM)
Lets not confuse occasionally criticizing decisions with having an obvious agenda. In no way do I think Robin is perfect, but you would find a way to criticize a decision robin made if the Sox won the World Series 15-0 on a sale no hitter and 4 Abreu home runs

GMAB. Only 1 player in MLB has more games played than Jose Abreu and none of the other guys that have played that many are rookies.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2014 -> 02:45 PM)
GMAB. Only 1 player in MLB has more games played than Jose Abreu and none of the other guys that have played that many are rookies.

Please, tell me some more about how the Sox have failed at spring training fundamentals. Can't wait to hear some more.

Also while we are at it, let's just go ahead and map out an infallible play chart and mail it in to Robin.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 17, 2014 -> 03:49 PM)
Please, tell me some more about how the Sox have failed at spring training fundamentals. Can't wait to hear some more.

Also while we are at it, let's just go ahead and map out an infallible play chart and mail it in to Robin.

To be fair, we are now putting up moderately better numbers fielding than the Indians. We've taken a couple steps up and are no longer the worst in the league with the gloves!

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2014 -> 02:45 PM)

Robin only played about 2100 games at the major league level. I really think JR needs to pay you to consult. You obviously know far more about the toll of playing 40 games in a row takes on a player.

Too bad the idiot had to play him last night. He probably would be 100% today.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 17, 2014 -> 04:02 PM)
Robin only played about 2100 games at the major league level. I really think JR needs to pay you to consult. You obviously know far more about the toll of playing 40 games in a row takes on a player.

Too bad the idiot had to play him last night. He probably would be 100% today.

You guys aren't cheering hard enough.

The thing is, we don't even know what his injury is. Is it bone(spur?), tendon, muscle? We have no idea, and are just guessing.

Now, Mark Parent did say that he would sit Wednesday with the day off Thursday, but obviously something changed. I wish nothing was said though because it did nothing but create second guesses. Let's also not discount the fact that Herm Schneider is one of the best in the business and he of this entire staff deserves the benefit of the doubt.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 17, 2014 -> 04:09 PM)
The thing is, we don't even know what his injury is. Is it bone(spur?), tendon, muscle? We have no idea, and are just guessing.

Now, Mark Parent did say that he would sit Wednesday with the day off Thursday, but obviously something changed. I wish nothing was said though because it did nothing but create second guesses. Let's also not discount the fact that Herm Schneider is one of the best in the business and he of this entire staff deserves the benefit of the doubt.

Didn't he hurt it getting slid into in the Cubs series? And it's still an issue a few days later?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2014 -> 03:11 PM)
Didn't he hurt it getting slid into in the Cubs series? And it's still an issue a few days later?

It was bugging him in spring training, I am pretty sure this is a lingering issue dating back to Cuba

Anyone who thinks Abreu doesn't need a day or even a couple days off just needs to watch him wincing and jumping up and down on 1 foot after every swing he took in his at bat in the 5th inning. You can just see that guy is flat out in pain right now. I'm sorry, we can live without him for one day when he looks like this.

If his ankle is as bad as he just made it look, he might be set up for a 15 day DL stint.

And Abreu was pulled after his awful looking at bat in the 5th.

Thankfully Robin pushed him out there again and again despite saying he needed time off until things actually got so bad that he had to pull Abreu mid-game.

But then it's crazy to question why you put a guy who is hurt out there so often until he actually wounds something so bad you pull him mid-game.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2014 -> 05:35 PM)
And Abreu was pulled after his awful looking at bat in the 5th.

Thankfully Robin pushed him out there again and again despite saying he needed time off until things actually got so bad that he had to pull Abreu mid-game.

But then it's crazy to question why you put a guy who is hurt out there so often until he actually wounds something so bad you pull him mid-game.

You have to figure Robin either ignored or didn't consult with the medical staff.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 17, 2014 -> 07:14 PM)
You have to figure Robin either ignored or didn't consult with the medical staff.

Or the medical staff was wrong. Whatever it was, he should have sat yesterday and maybe sat today and whoever disagreed with me just asked for it to get worse, because hey, it got worse.

But hey, how dare anyone question the manager! He knows how things are behind the scenes and you can trust him when he says guys won't make things worse and have to have themselves pulled from the game after inning 5 when you play them when they should be sitting.

Speculating about an injury like this is pretty much a giant waste of time. There's no way to have any useful amount of info about the day to day pains of Abreu's ankle.

As far as possible lineup refiguring if Abreu misses time, I'm guessing Viciedo goes to DH for the most part and we have an Eaton/ADA/Sierra outfield for the most part.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2014 -> 06:52 PM)
Or the medical staff was wrong. Whatever it was, he should have sat yesterday and maybe sat today and whoever disagreed with me just asked for it to get worse, because hey, it got worse.

But hey, how dare anyone question the manager! He knows how things are behind the scenes and you can trust him when he says guys won't make things worse and have to have themselves pulled from the game after inning 5 when you play them when they should be sitting.

I'm sure that extra 24 hours would have solved everything. Oh wait, how dare I question doctor Balta? Please tell me exactly how long this would have taken before he would be completely healed from a preexisting issue, doctor?

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 17, 2014 -> 08:02 PM)
I'm sure that extra 24 hours would have solved everything. Oh wait, how dare I question doctor Balta? Please tell me exactly how long this would have taken before he would be completely healed from a preexisting issue, doctor?

Well, if a couple days didn't help, then perhaps 15 would. But then again that would take a smart manager willing to put the good of the team long-term ahead of a single day, because then he could put the guy on the DL for like 12 days if it took more than a few days to improve.

But again, that would take planning and forward thinking on behalf of the good of the team.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 17, 2014 -> 08:02 PM)

Seriously, if you watched his AB in the 5th inning, he absolutely made things worse by being out there. This is nuts. It was completely predictable. They put a hurt player out there again and again and suddenly things got worse.

It's a calculated risk, but really not much of a risk at all.

They decided that making the injury worse was basically a non-possibility, which tends to be the case with ankles like this.

So there were two choices:

-Play him at DH and hope you can rehab it away while he still helps the team. If it doesn't work, he misses [some amount of] days.

-Immediately rest him for [some amount of] days.

Why not try number one, with nothing to lose and plenty to gain? We've seen this with Cabrera, except they kept playing him in the field too.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2014 -> 07:14 PM)
Well, if a couple days didn't help, then perhaps 15 would. But then again that would take a smart manager willing to put the good of the team long-term ahead of a single day, because then he could put the guy on the DL for like 12 days if it took more than a few days to improve.

But again, that would take planning and forward thinking on behalf of the good of the team.

Yeah, I don't know why JR and KW and Hahn put their reputations and future finances on the line and let this total idiot run roughshod over the entire organization. They must either be just as dumb or losing their minds. Please Balta, get a job with the White Sox and end our nightmare.