White Sox vs. Dodgers game #2

• Replies 334
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 11:40 PM)
He will be the less money guy...unfortunately I dont think he is going to be anywhere near as good as these top 3 guys could be.

As a fan I would not be very happy If Sox do not get 1 of big 3.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 11:40 PM)
He will be the less money guy...unfortunately I dont think he is going to be anywhere near as good as these top 3 guys could be.

Oh and btw I hope his parents kicked the crap out of his manager for abusing his arm the other day.

the money...doesn't matter, not anymore. They are going to spend all their bonus money and they have already been quoted as saying anyone's sign-ability won't be a big factor at #3. That's the reality of the new CBA for draftees and teams. It's team friendly as s*** now, these guys have no leverage, especially Rodon.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 11:36 PM)
Nola's upside is not high enough to draft him top 3. He'll probably be one of the first to the majors.

I don't get the comments about Nola's stuff being meh. Dude sits 93-95, with a big velocity separation between that and his changeup, and a great curve. He struck out 10.5 per 9 this year. Add to that impeccable control and command, and I think his ceiling is higher than a lot of people think.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 11:47 PM)
He grandstands a lot for a role player. I'm fine with it, but he's not good enough to act like he's good. It's just annoying. He argues with umps and poses after catches. Lame.

I'm not that perceptive, I just don't notice things like that.

QUOTE (Baron @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 11:46 PM)
Based on what and how high?

As I said, based on the stuff being better than a lot of people give him credit for. I think he can be an excellent #2, or a #1 on some teams, and has a terrific chance of doing just that.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 3, 2014 -> 11:48 PM)
:huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh: :huh:

As a 5-8 dude myself, who played pretty high baseball for a bit you sure as s*** heard my coach say "...you wannt get noticed at your size you play hard and bring energy". There is a heavy scouting bias against small guys in baseball, even though being tall isn't that much of an advantage, if any.