Official NHL 2014-15 Thread

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 06:57 PM)

damn, he is one of the few old greats that didn't like publicity. i met him during the all star game in chi, they were sitting in front of me and my friends.

he has huge hands. wide hands as well. now it matter, b/c i have some big wide hands myself.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LDF @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 12:02 PM)
damn, he is one of the few old greats that didn't like publicity. i met him during the all star game in chi, they were sitting in front of me and my friends.

he has huge hands. wide hands as well. now it matter, b/c i have some big wide hands myself.

I learned alot about hockey from his book when I was a kid.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 30, 2015 -> 12:30 PM)
Sad. Out of curiosity, we hear about this all of the time in football, is there a lot of it in hockey?

I haven't heard much about the old-time players, but I know there are some head trauma lawsuits out there from ex-hockey players. You also have a few cases of the recent players who had committed suicide, mostly enforcer types.

Hawks up 3-0 on the Ducks. I guess it's time for the Ducks to activate goon mode because they aren't having their way with the Hawks like they do almost every other team. Anyone catch the water squirt at Kane from the Ducks bench after his goal?

And Kesler getting upset that Roszival hit him, while the Ducks have been finishing all their checks all game. It would be nice to meet this team in the playoffs, except for I'd worry that Corey Perry and Whatshisname Maroon would injure half of the team.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Feb 1, 2015 -> 07:06 AM)
Q's love affair with s***ty veterans is mind boggling. Teravainen and Rundblad should be playing alot more then they do.

wasn't there a vet, older vet that was playing and many were complaining about. he was used as a 2rn line center i think his nickname is Zeus, or something like that.

QUOTE (LDF @ Feb 1, 2015 -> 09:43 AM)
wasn't there a vet, older vet that was playing and many were complaining about. he was used as a 2rn line center i think his nickname is Zeus, or something like that.

Michael Handzus. They traded for him during the 2nd Cup run and he stayed last season. Granted they won a Cup with him there, but ugh was he slow.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 01:41 AM)
Leaving for St. Louis tomorrow afternoon. Weather looks to be in the 60's this weekend, I can't f***ing wait for that.

Yup, I'm headed to Atlanta on Sunday for work. 63 degrees next week. Too bad I'll be in a conference M-T-W.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Feb 6, 2015 -> 10:05 PM)
Hawks win in OT 2-1. Huge win to get them over the snide on Winnipeg.

Kane with 2 more points and is tied for the league in points. Could be the MVP this year....

Hate to use the term "big win" with 30 games left, but that was huge, they needed that. After the Sunday morning showdown vs. STL, they play 8 straight games at home.