7/1 Doubleheader vs Angels

flavum

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 08:11 PM)
The Scott Carroll Starter Experiment might be great for #TheRoadToAProtectedDraftPickMeaningWeCanSignShieldsOrSomeone but I hope it's ditched soon for the Eric Surkamp Starter Experiment

With Ventura wanting to preserve the LHP for 7th-8th inning match-ups, I wouldn't be at all shocked if they tried Heath instead.

• Replies 325
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 08:21 PM)
With Ventura wanting to preserve the LHP for 7th-8th inning match-ups, I wouldn't be at all shocked if they tried Heath instead.

Then sign Capuano for the minimum, he can LOOGY, long relieve and be a 5th starter depending on what you want to do

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 08:25 PM)
Then sign Capuano for the minimum, he can LOOGY, long relieve and be a 5th starter depending on what you want to do

Well, that actually MIGHT be morely likely to happen than either a Surkamp or another Leesman start.

It's scary how similar Axelrod and Carroll's WHIP and average against are when comparing 2013 Axelrod and 2014 Carroll. It's very disappointing to see the same junk in the 5th spot again this season. Hahn has got to put the team in position next year to have better depth.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 09:27 PM)
Well, that actually MIGHT be morely likely to happen than either a Surkamp or another Leesman start.

You don't think it's possible they go to Surkamp starting at any point? Considering he was brought in as MLB starting depth, our starting depth has fallen apart, he threw extremely well at Charlotte as a starter and he's looked good in his very short stint up? Just so they can keep him as a bullpen lefty, even though (iirc) he doesn't really have a dramatic split?

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 08:30 PM)
It's scary how similar Axelrod and Carroll's WHIP and average against are when comparing 2013 Axelrod and 2014 Carroll. It's very disappointing to see the same junk in the 5th spot again this season. Hahn has got to put the team in position next year to have better depth.

And that's the tricky part.

We need one more quality starter, but you'd have to doubt we would be willing to invest $60-80 million into Masterson, for example.

Signing a veteran fifth starter for around $8-12 million per season doesn't make sense either, unless you have solidified the rest of the rotation.

At this point, one is starting to get the feeling that Danks and Rodon are going to be touted as the answers. And, of course this is where the disappearance of Erik Johnson is killing us.

Even all the LH hitting targets are going to be overvalued (Seth Smith, LaRoche, Melky Cabrera, Lind, Victor Martinez, etc.) Colby Rasmus, same thing, except on the negative risk side...are they still willing to throw $60-80 million at him, and how do you justify it based on his entire career's worth of results?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 08:37 PM)
6-5 game, Viciedo starting to hammer those hangers

Were all three of his recent homers on offspeed pitches or just 2/3? The two in Toronto, at least the one against McGowan was 85 or 86 MPH.

The other was against Dickey or Buehrle? Dickey, I think.

QUOTE (flavum @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 08:38 PM)
C'mon Jack Z, give Hahn what he wants.

Sierra/Michael Taylor/Jordan Danks/Marcus Semien playing everyday?

Ackley in LF?

Viciedo back up to a 710 OPS.

Two outs. Ex-Cub Rich Hill coming in to face Eaton?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jul 1, 2014 -> 08:50 PM)
You can hear Rich Hills dfa papers being printed out.

How could they scout this guy and let him pitch in the majors? I've seen a lot of crap this year but Rich Hill is the worst I've seen definitely.

It's a toss-up with Leesman.