Trying to find relationship thrd, pregnancy thread :-)

caulfield12

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 11, 2014 -> 12:20 AM)
Love to hear about that experience

There are no Applebee's that I've ever seen in S.Korea but you might be able to find a TGI Friday's or Chili's...of all the places you wouldn't expect, I found a Chili's in Jakarta, Indonesia, this past February and had the best country fried steak with white gravy, corn on the cob, mashed potatoes, etc. It had been ages at that point since I had been able to eat any type of "homestyle" food so it was a godsend compared to eating at McDonald's, KFC, Pizza Hut and a few Subway's all the time here in China.

Edited by caulfield12

Thanks everyone!!!

Just made it to Bangkok with her for 9 day vacation. One benefit of arriving at 230 am is that there's no traffic on the highways getting to your hotel, haha.

Now the question is will I be able to wake up for the White Sox game, and is it a wise idea after the last two nights or will it just lead to further aggravation?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 10, 2014 -> 10:17 PM)
I get what you are saying, but using the word awful for 70% is a bit extreme IMO. I would more characterize the majority of it as hard work, not awfulness.

Ha, yes i'm being a bit facetious. It's just a lot of work having a kid. I enjoy the hell out of it, but it's work. And it's sometimes tiring/annoying/frustrating, etc. etc., but at the end of the day you take all that and ignore it (or have amnesia about it, like how my wife and I managed to get through the first 6 months as functional people). Because the cool parts are REALLY cool. Like you said, when they first start saying daddy or they want a hug because they're scared, etc. your heart melts and it makes it all worth it.

QUOTE (woods of ypres @ Jul 14, 2014 -> 08:50 PM)
44 year old first time dad, eh?

Not bad.

My dad was 38 when I was born.

And congrats.

Yeah, the weird thing is my mom was 40 1/2 when she had me (married for first time at 38, which was super unusual back in 1967) and my father 33 when I was born. (My father's brother was a lifelong bachelor...so it's just one cousin and myself to carry on the family name, haha). My mom tried to have a baby (girl) 2-3 years later but I think she had a miscarriage, so I ended up the only child.

Now I have to try to find the engagement rings thread...trying to decide between 4 ("harmony") and 6 point (traditional/classic) settings. Tiffany's is incredibly expensive here in China, so I'm going to try to find a ring in Chicago or the Quad-Cities.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (TRU @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 07:44 AM)
Congrats man, my wife is also currently pregnant at a little over 8 weeks as well.. well have to have a race to see who comes out first

Chinese New Year's/Spring Festival is in late February next year, so that's good luck for the baby to be born around that time.

OTOH, it's pretty cold here in late Feb/early March.

Chinese New Year's/Spring Festival is in late February next year, so that's good luck for the baby to be born around that time.

A message board for a Chicago sports team is the wrong place to find sympathy for the "pretty cold" Chinese February.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 07:55 PM)
A message board for a Chicago sports team is the wrong place to find sympathy for the "pretty cold" Chinese February.

I won't disagree about the winters with the wind off the lake.

Although, other than maybe Augusta, Georgia, I don't know of a hotter city in the world in July/August/early September than my current location along the Yangtze River valley in central China. Of course, it's not even the heat, though, it's the humidity that kills you.

I'll take Texas/Oklahoma/Arizona heat over this every time.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 22, 2014 -> 08:15 PM)

My son was born on February 24th, the projected new baby is for February 26th.. I hope they aren't on the same day, would suck for them

QUOTE (TRU @ Jul 23, 2014 -> 11:59 AM)
My son was born on February 24th, the projected new baby is for February 26th.. I hope they aren't on the same day, would suck for them

I have a friend who was born on the 7/7 and his brother was born on 7/9. They would always celebrate the day with dinner/cake/etc on the 8th. I would hate that.