Only 4 GB of the wild card

Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Jul 27, 2014 -> 11:57 AM)
I agree with Dick Allen. We could win every game between now and the deadline and it's not gonna change Hahn's thinking.

Even with 3 of those games being against the Tigers? Sweeping the Twins isn't really noteworthy, but even 2 of 3 against Detroit would be huge.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Jul 27, 2014 -> 12:32 PM)
Although I love your Tyler Flowers art work, I have disagree here. That would still leave us 7 games out.

I'm talkin Wild Card here. Certainly seems next to impossible but hell a month ago Tampa was 10.5 games back with 10 teams ahead of them, now they're 3.5 back with 5.

QUOTE (scs787 @ Jul 27, 2014 -> 12:49 PM)
I'm talkin Wild Card here. Certainly seems next to impossible but hell a month ago Tampa was 10.5 games back with 10 teams ahead of them, now they're 3.5 back with 5.

And except for TB, the Sox still play every team ahead of them. If they get on a roll, they can pass teams pretty quickly. The odds are long.

A tentative future:

1. As deadline day approaches, all remains quiet on the W Sox trade rumor front. The availability of Lester overtakes the availability of Price as TB decides to hold steady. AJ Burnett ends up on the Pirates where he belongs.

2. The day before the deadline the Royals acquire Viciedo for a pair of A-ballers. No one misses him.

3. Danks remains a White Sock but is moved in the offseason w/ cash to an AL West team.

4. Alexei finishes his contract on the South Side.

5. On Aug. 1 2014 Gordon Beckham is DFA'd

QUOTE (daggins @ Jul 27, 2014 -> 07:36 PM)
A tentative future:

1. As deadline day approaches, all remains quiet on the W Sox trade rumor front. The availability of Lester overtakes the availability of Price as TB decides to hold steady. AJ Burnett ends up on the Pirates where he belongs.

2. The day before the deadline the Royals acquire Viciedo for a pair of A-ballers. No one misses him.

3. Danks remains a White Sock but is moved in the offseason w/ cash to an AL West team.

4. Alexei finishes his contract on the South Side.

5. On Aug. 1 2014 Gordon Beckham is DFA'd

A lot of talk in KC that Viciedo may be headed here. As much as I despise Dayan's hitting ability, I'd hate to see him rake vs. the Sox the next 10 years. Cause you just know somehow he'd destroy Sox pitching. Don't trade him to a divisional foe. Same with Beckham. Send them far away to the NL or out West.

BTW, notice Chen got rocked today. I still think the White Sox single handedly are responsible for Chen's being in the bigs the last 5-6 years. He can't get any other teams' batters out. Just the White Sox.

Edited by greg775