Chicago and Seattle Tonight

elrockinMT

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 8, 2014 -> 04:20 AM)
Hard to string many wins together with the crappy 3-4-5 in this rotation.

This team has a good 1B, SS, 3B, CF, #1 SP, #2 SP, Petricka....the rest is mediocre. If anything, it seems this team overachieved the first 3 months of the year.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 10:23 PM)
This team has a good 1B, SS, 3B, CF, #1 SP, #2 SP, Petricka....the rest is mediocre. If anything, it seems this team overachieved the first 3 months of the year.

Hahn has a ton of work to do this winter.

I love Hawk, but I disagree about the future. He just said "starting next year good times a comin."

How can he say that when the team needs pitching so badly?

Sale, Q, Danks and Rodon to start next year sounds good. But if Rodon isn't ready, we have only 2 reliable starters plus off and on Danks, who despite my love for him, may not be special.

That leaves a team with no bullpen and horrible defense. The defense doesn't project to be better next year, does it?

We also need a DH in the post-Dunn era. I mean I despise Dunn, but Sox still are in need of a slugger at DH. Question marks at second and catcher remain. And Gillaspie always could cool off. His defense is atrocious.

So in conclusion... IS HAWK RIGHT? I'd be happy if he was.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 7, 2014 -> 10:31 PM)
I love Hawk, but I disagree about the future. He just said "starting next year good times a comin."

How can he say that when the team needs pitching so badly?

Sale, Q, Danks and Rodon to start next year sounds good. But if Rodon isn't ready, we have only 2 reliable starters plus off and on Danks, who despite my love for him, may not be special.

That leaves a team with no bullpen and horrible defense. The defense doesn't project to be better next year, does it?

We also need a DH in the post-Dunn era. I mean I despise Dunn, but Sox still are in need of a slugger at DH. Question marks at second and catcher remain. And Gillaspie always could cool off. His defense is atrocious.

So in conclusion... IS HAWK RIGHT? I'd be happy if he was.

We have good pieces in Putnam and Petricka. I expect us to sign Andrew Miller as well.