8/13 Games

GGajewski18

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (QuickJones81 @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 07:43 PM)
Who in the world is CJ Beatty and am I seeing this right, 25 and hasn't played a game since 2010 yet is starting in right for the Dash tonight? Anyone know the story?

He sprints off full speed at any ball hit ANYWHERE in the vicinity of the outfield or even over 2B and 1B, then comes screeching to almost a dead stop when he makes the catch.

He's more hyper than Hunter Pence.

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 06:57 PM)
Yikes, Byron Buxton was stretchered into an ambulance after a collision some dude called the worst he'd ever seen. Didn't move for 10 minutes apparently.

I think Ray Fosse might disagree from the 1971 All-Star game.

Terrible luck for the Twins this year with Buxton and Sano, two Top 10 MiLB talents.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 08:46 PM)
He sprints off full speed at any ball hit ANYWHERE in the vicinity of the outfield or even over 2B and 1B, then comes screeching to almost a dead stop when he makes the catch.

He's more hyper than Hunter Pence.

Now you have me interested, I'll have to see if there's any video out there available.

QUOTE (QuickJones81 @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 08:50 PM)
Now you have me interested, I'll have to see if there's any video out there available.

Oh my gosh, I've hit gold! This guy has a collection of motivational videos on YouTube. This is amazing! He's got a logo and everything.

New favorite prospect with a bullet, CJ Beatty

Edited by QuickJones81

QUOTE (QuickJones81 @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 08:49 PM)
Rodon, Montas, Adams, and Danish are exciting. We haven't had a collection of pitching talent like this in the system at once since 2000-01. Hopefully this group fairs better. And to think, not too long ago Erik Johnson was our prized pitching gem.

Yep, the Sox IMO need to ID two out of those 4 that they think are going to contribute the most (my pick as of now would be Danish and Rodon) and then dangle the other two for MLB ready or established position players.

If they head into 2016 with this is young core of starting pitching:

Sale

Q

Rodon

Danish

Noesi

They could really afford to trade from depth and bring in more good young position players. Looks like they are going to add another top 10 pick next year as well. It's painful to go through this as a fan that hasn't really experienced it but as far as rebuilds go I think this one is looking pretty promising early.

Rodon, Montas, Adams, and Danish are exciting. We haven't had a collection of pitching talent like this in the system at once since 2000-01. Hopefully this group fairs better. And to think, not too long ago Erik Johnson was our prized pitching gem.

Extremely exciting. Not only are they all putting up terrific numbers but all of them have ridiculously good arms. Good times.

QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 09:39 PM)
Extremely exciting. Not only are they all putting up terrific numbers but all of them have ridiculously good arms. Good times.

thanks to the knowledge of posters here i'm bragging on BTF about the Sox in a Cubs thread :D

here:

http://www.baseballthinkfactory.org/newsst...verted_rebuildi

QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 06:57 PM)
Yikes, Byron Buxton was stretchered into an ambulance after a collision some dude called the worst he'd ever seen. Didn't move for 10 minutes apparently.

Concussion. Thank goodness nothing more serious, not that concussions aren't bad.

And you just have to hope EJ can rebound next year, then toss in names like Beck, Wendelken, Jaye and Martinez that have all shown flashes. But man those front four can be special.

QUOTE (flavum @ Aug 13, 2014 -> 07:12 PM)
Yeah, maybe. Just going by Sale's minor league year. He skipped over Birmingham.

Yea, but Sale wasn't represented by Boras. There will be no extension.

Wasting the precious service time with bullpen pitching or in another Ventura lost September, is foolishness.

Edited by GreenSox