It's Mid-August

ILMOU

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ Aug 17, 2014 -> 08:58 AM)
Hahn should be ashamed of himself for not having DFA'd Beckham and Dunn by now.

Why? according to you he should.

Loyalty is one to the sox best rep and that is b/c of JR. i argue this point many time before and

my stance has not change. With to cut throat part of baseball esp with the salary and having

agents wanting the most and not backing down. Why should baseball owner have or give off a

imagine of being the nice person. the ugly side of baseball is the business side, but it is expected

that baseball owners should still play nice nice.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Aug 16, 2014 -> 08:15 PM)
We know what we got in Dunn, Beckham, Tank, etc. I want to see some young guys in September. Perfect opportunity to give them a long look.

remind me, when can the sox call you the prospect and expand the roster?

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 16, 2014 -> 09:48 PM)
I see Dunn to Baltimore by the end of month.

i am for them being traded. I prob was in for trading them even earlier than the ASG. but if

they were not trade by now, why would any team want them in sept?

i am for them being traded. I prob was in for trading them even earlier than the ASG. but if

If you're Baltimore or Oakland, you really just about have a playoff spot wrapped up. You wait until the end of August to acquire a guy like Dunn so you can still have him for the postseason but don't have to pay him as much as if you get him earlier.

QUOTE (Andy the Clown @ Aug 17, 2014 -> 12:54 PM)
Gordon is blocking Semien, and Semien is ready.

Dunn is blocking Avisail from DH duties, which is where I would like to see him for most of the rest of the season, for his own good.

Unless they're going to DH him next season, he simply has to learn how to play RF and better protect himself out there.

QUOTE (LDF @ Aug 17, 2014 -> 07:56 AM)

Baltimore needs a LH bat for playoff push to go with Cruz and paying Dunn 1 month salary is doable.

Edited by Soxfest

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 17, 2014 -> 05:53 PM)
Baltimore needs a LH bat for playoff push to go with Cruz and paying Dunn 1 month salary is doable.

I didn't realize they were playing Cruz in the field as much as they are. The O's just need to come down with a phantom injury right about now.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 17, 2014 -> 10:53 PM)

again pls know that I am all for trading players that can help the sox. however, when was the last time

sox traded with Balt? if I remember correctly, there is some feeling that has been tweak. (I tried to find

the article) either way I hope that I am wrong and sox can trade with Balt. for the rtn, who cares at

least Dunn can play for a playoff team to end his career.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 17, 2014 -> 10:53 PM)

Baltimore will want no part of Dunn. There are intangibles involved. He should be nowhere near a playoff team. Too risky. He could get in one of those strikeout streaks and buzzkill a team's whole offense. I stand by the fact he will finish this season as a Sox.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 18, 2014 -> 01:51 PM)
Baltimore will want no part of Dunn. There are intangibles involved. He should be nowhere near a playoff team. Too risky. He could get in one of those strikeout streaks and buzzkill a team's whole offense. I stand by the fact he will finish this season as a Sox.

He also could go on a HR binge.

Edited by Soxfest

Are you trolling, or does the hate cloud your mind THAT much that you think Adam Dunn has the ability to destroy an entire team's offense? You need to use more logic and less emotion when you think.

Edited by ron883

QUOTE (Soxfest @ Aug 18, 2014 -> 01:54 PM)
He also could go on a HR binge.

The team moral boost caused by a HR binge is peanuts compared to the demoralizing effect an adam dunn strikeout binge has on a team. It has the ability to take a team from 1st to last.

You seem to know Adam intimately. Do you know what it is about him that makes him so destructive to a team's morale that they'd want no part of him?

BTW, greg, you refer to Adam Dunn's penchant for doing nothing but striking out, walking, and hitting home runs and how it can destroy a clubhouse and a lineup's production while those same exact Orioles employ a guy putting up a .195/.298/.400/.698 line while striking out 34.1% of the time (147 times) and walking at 11.6% (50 times). Considering Dunn's .229/.353/.446 with superior walk and strike out rates, I'd say he's been a better player than Chris Davis this year, yet the Orioles are magically in first place still. Imagine that.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 18, 2014 -> 07:04 PM)
BTW, greg, you refer to Adam Dunn's penchant for doing nothing but striking out, walking, and hitting home runs and how it can destroy a clubhouse and a lineup's production while those same exact Orioles employ a guy putting up a .195/.298/.400/.698 line while striking out 34.1% of the time (147 times) and walking at 11.6% (50 times). Considering Dunn's .229/.353/.446 with superior walk and strike out rates, I'd say he's been a better player than Chris Davis this year, yet the Orioles are magically in first place still. Imagine that.

Well, if they have Chris Davis why do they want Adam Dunn? Are they going to release Davis? I just simply cannot see a GM sticking his neck out to acquire Adam Dunn, whose tenure in Chicago has been a disaster. If I'm wrong I'll be proven wrong.