9/1 Games

flavum

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 10:48 AM)
I agree. To me, Semien and Sanchez have that ahead of Micah. The media is blowing him way out of proportion. He's a nice player, but show he can stay healthy and then make decisions from then on.

I think the Sox believe Johnson is the better player. He is the future of that position. It may not be at the start of the year but he will be the starting 2B at some point next year.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 10:04 AM)
Where is this idea that Micah will be the starting 2b in April of next year coming from? They just shut him down for health reasons rather than calling him up in September. I can't see him starting in the bigs next April barring several injuries to other people.

Last week Scott Merkin proclaimed Johnson the starting 2B for 2015 and it seems people jumped on the wagon. I would rather let the off season and ST determine that before a sports writer.

QUOTE (StRoostifer @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 10:58 AM)
Last week Scott Merkin proclaimed Johnson the starting 2B for 2015 and it seems people jumped on the wagon. I would rather let the off season and ST determine that before a sports writer.

he's not just a sportswriter though. He's basically the mouthpiece for the team. If Merkin is saying it, the White Sox want it said.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 07:48 AM)
Gillaspie has the 9th best OPS among major league 3B. Maybe the Sox should look at LF, DH, and C first??? Because I think that trading the farm to get one of the top 8 3B and leaving three other black holes in the lineup probably isn't going to produce good results.

I'm bullish on Gillaspie but his defense is subpar.

Give him some LF time. Find a right handed hitter and we'd have a killer platoon and a 4th OF who can actually hit instead of a Wise/Danks type

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Sep 2, 2014 -> 05:37 PM)
I'm bullish on Gillaspie but his defense is subpar.

Give him some LF time. Find a right handed hitter and we'd have a killer platoon and a 4th OF who can actually hit instead of a Wise/Danks type

Gillaspie is slow as hell and, given that he has no experience out I can't imagine how he'd be anything other than a trainwreck out there.