US Cellular renovations

Dick Allen

Has anyone heard of the future renovations to the Cell? I'm wondering if they are having difficulty converting US Cellular's $3.5 million a year into construction bonds. I was going through the media guide yesterday, and it said the future renovations were supposed to be announced during the first half of this season. Maybe its gonna cost a little more than was previously thought.

If I remember correctly, the renovation timetable is determined by whether or not the White Sox will be playing in the post season. If the White Sox make the playoffs and go deep, the renovation crews will lose almost a month as far as time-to-completion goes. If the White Sox flop, the reno crews will have that month to work. Nothing was announced last season, if I remember correctly, until after the White Sox were..... for all intents and purposes..... eliminated.

I, for one, would prefer the only renovation to USCF in '04 to be an '03 World Series Champion Pennant :headbang

Heard at the Season Ticket Holders party that they are moving people in the UD but I have yet to talk to anyone who has been moved or asked to move. Supposedly there's some construction set to start mid October. No idea what it is and didn't bother to ask since it will not effect our seats. Maybe Corg or Michelle knows more.

Heard at the Season Ticket Holders party that they are moving people in the UD but I have yet to talk to anyone who has been moved or asked to move. Supposedly there's some construction set to start mid October. No idea what it is and didn't bother to ask since it will not effect our seats. Maybe Corg or Michelle knows more.

Gotta be a resturaunt up there. Jerry cant wait to m,ake money off that upper deck. Why not put a f***in merry go round up there?

If I remember correctly, the renovation timetable is determined by whether or not the White Sox will be playing in the post season. If the White Sox make the playoffs and go deep, the renovation crews will lose almost a month as far as time-to-completion goes. If the White Sox flop, the reno crews will have that month to work. Nothing was announced last season, if I remember correctly, until after the White Sox were..... for all intents and purposes..... eliminated.

I, for one, would prefer the only renovation to USCF in '04 to be an '03 World Series Champion Pennant  :headbang

I think that goes without saying. JR said he wasn't going to announce plans until they were positive on what they were going to do, so if the plan changed a big deal wouldn't be made out of it. And from what it said in the media guide, that plan should have been announced already. I'm just wondering if the cost has skyrocketed on it. I have no idea, but if they are going to tear down the upper deck and rebuild it, I'd think that would cost a lot more than what US Cellular is paying. You have to figure they are going to keep the concourse in the upper deck considering all the money spent to renovate that last season.

I, for one, would prefer the only renovation to USCF in '04 to be an '03 World Series Champion Pennant  :headbang

I think that goes without saying. JR said he wasn't going to announce plans until they were positive on what they were going to do, so if the plan changed a big deal wouldn't be made out of it. And from what it said in the media guide, that plan should have been announced already. I'm just wondering if the cost has skyrocketed on it. I have no idea, but if they are going to tear down the upper deck and rebuild it, I'd think that would cost a lot more than what US Cellular is paying. You have to figure they are going to keep the concourse in the upper deck considering all the money spent to renovate that last season.

Well... from everything I have heard, they are not "tearing the UD down". I do think the overhang will be removed. Several rows will be removed, and a new pitch will be formed (less steep). Less seats will be put back. Very possible that a RF Porch gets done but I'd guess not till next offseason. I think the UD is on the hot plate for this year definitely.

My source has told me that there will be some sort of renovation done to the Upper deck.

She has not heard what the exact details are, but she said the options are removing rows off of the left-field side of the Upper deck, and extended RF deck into a HR porch.

The other idea is to chop off a certain amount of rows around the whole park, and put a roof over the top.

I am curious as to which one you guys prefer.

Word. :snr

I think the UD is on the hot plate for this year definitely.

That wouldn't surprise me one bit, since the upper deck is the easiest target for people who want to mock that ballpark.

( For me, it's the spaceship/toilet shape when you view it from the outside, but there's not much hope of THAT changing... )

If they can make the UD experience HALF as good as the lower bowl, then NO ONE can complain about that ballpark. I am extremely impressed with what they've done to give the concourse some character, and it's easy to walk around and enjoy everything that's available there.

s***, I NEVER thought I'd end up writing a love letter about the park, but it's been GREAT this year!!!

I agree Steff.

This park needs atmosphere, and more intimacy. I bet if they put the roof on, the place would become so intimate that girlfriends and wives would be giving blow jobs all over the park.

Dog day would change to Doggy style day. :P

I'll keep my mouth shut on that comment so Steff doesn't kill me :rolleyes:

I have season tickets in the upper deck and we have not heard anything baout moving, yet.

Then again, I don't think it would effect our seating.

From what I heard is that they are looking to eliminate the last 15 rows of the upper deck and create an overhang ala the old ballpark.

These seats would be replaced in the outfield with additional seats in extreme LF and RF above the concourse level

My source has told me that there will be some sort of renovation done to the Upper deck.

She has not heard what the exact details are, but she said the options are removing rows off of the left-field side of the Upper deck, and extended RF deck into a HR porch.

The other idea is to chop off a certain amount of rows around the whole park, and put a roof over the top.

I am curious as to which one you guys prefer.

Word. :snr

I think they should lower the upperdeck and make a homer porch. Other then that, I think the Sox already have a pretty nice stadium, although green painted seats would be really nice, imo.

It was a joke--good god!

my point was the park needs to feel less like a football stadium, and more like a baseball stadium.

By the way, if it becomes Doggy style day, I will be attending.

It may have been a joke, but they really are considering that.

Ribbie.. are you talking about "roof" talk..? I've been told many times that was all BS.

Indeed she does

Told you she's a bad influence on us youngsters

Oh please...

You kids and your college lifestyle!

Talk to me when your life includes more than rolling out of bed after crawling across the floor to get to it the night before. Mandatory showering before leaving the house/dorm/apartment. And when dinner does NOT include something frosted, crispy, fruity, or made by Kraft. :bang

:bringit

I'm married with a 4 year old son and you just described my life to a "T".

:lolhitting

It was a joke--good god!

my point was the park needs to feel less like a football stadium, and more like a baseball stadium.

By the way, if it becomes Doggy style day, I will be attending.

It may have been a joke, but they really are considering that.

Ribbie.. are you talking about "roof" talk..? I've been told many times that was all BS.

I heard it is still an option.

Indeed she does

Told you she's a bad influence on us youngsters

Oh please...

You kids and your college lifestyle!

Talk to me when your life includes more than rolling out of bed after crawling across the floor to get to it the night before. Mandatory showering before leaving the house/dorm/apartment. And when dinner does NOT include something frosted, crispy, fruity, or made by Kraft. :bang

:bringit

I'm married with a 4 year old son and you just described my life to a "T".

:lolhitting

Parents with small children don't count. You have a reason to act like that :lol: ;)