Ebola in the USA

greg775

Ebola Patient Thomas Eric Duncan's Nephew: I Had to Call CDC

"I called CDC to get some actions taken, because I was concerned for his life and he wasn't getting the appropriate care," Duncan's nephew, Josephus Weeks, told NBC News on Wednesday night. "I feared other people might also get infected if he wasn't taken care of, and so I called them to ask them why is it a patient that might be suspected of this disease was not getting appropriate care?"

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 03:36 PM)
To help with isolation and care efforts. I thought I heard that a bulk of the people heading over are from the Army Corps of Engineers, so they'd be helping build facilities. Similar reasons to why we sent our military in after the earthquakes in Haiti.

Our efforts to build a series of isolation units/field hospitals in the hardest hit countries are currently going very poorly as well. That needs reinforced.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 02:43 PM)
Our efforts to build a series of isolation units/field hospitals in the hardest hit countries are currently going very poorly as well. That needs reinforced.

There is a wonderful combination of people who don't believe Ebola is real, and those who think that this is vast American conspiracy to kill a bunch of Africans.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 02:48 PM)
There is a wonderful combination of people who don't believe Ebola is real, and those who think that this is vast American conspiracy to kill a bunch of Africans.

I've seen a couple Sox minor leaguers tweet links to articles talking about the conspiracy idea that this was created by the US for that purpose. They seem to believe it. It's amazing what some people believe, in contradiction to all things factual.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 03:23 PM)
I've seen a couple Sox minor leaguers tweet links to articles talking about the conspiracy idea that this was created by the US for that purpose. They seem to believe it. It's amazing what some people believe, in contradiction to all things factual.

Using a vaccination clinic as part of the CIA efforts to gather information on OBL in Pakistan didn't help.

The same sort of nonsense that goes on with vaccines and autism.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 03:25 PM)
Using a vaccination clinic as part of the CIA efforts to gather information on OBL in Pakistan didn't help.

Yeah, that was happening LONG before this. The same things happened with AIDS. Also, remember having sex with a virgin to cure AIDS?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 03:25 PM)

That scares the locals I'm sure, but educated people should be able to distiniguish a one-time action like that. And that is still a big leap to thinking the US is intentionally creating and spreading a disease like this - one that, by the way, may end up hurting themselves.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 04:35 PM)
That scares the locals I'm sure, but educated people should be able to distiniguish a one-time action like that. And that is still a big leap to thinking the US is intentionally creating and spreading a disease like this - one that, by the way, may end up hurting themselves.

Hell, like 2k5 said, look how much the educated people in this country trust vaccines right now.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 03:39 PM)
Hell, like 2k5 said, look how much the educated people in this country trust vaccines right now.

If I put a witty caption on a picture of someone with Elbola and shared it on facebook, I'd have a big chunk of the country buying whatever I wanted about Ebola.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 3, 2014 -> 03:43 PM)
If I put a witty caption on a picture of someone with Elbola and shared it on facebook, I'd have a big chunk of the country buying whatever I wanted about Ebola.

Perfect example of something I JUST saw on my facebook feed.

http://www.naturalnews.com/047089_Ebola_pa...l#ixzz3F0K4t03c

We've done some interesting things through the years. Different countries believe different things about their enemies. Our view of Russia during the cold war as this evil country out for world domination certainly wasn't how Russia viewed itself. Of course their view of the US was markedly different than how we viewed ourselves. But stuff like Bay of Pigs shows we do like to meddle in the internal working of countries. In some corners of the world we are the country that dropped the bombs.

Would the CIA or military experiment with a biological contaminate? I pray not, and don't know what I would do if I learned we did. Move to Mexico? But I can certainly believe that people in other parts of the world believe it. Isn't the US always around when these diseases break out? We call it humanitarian aid. We're like Jim Cantore, you know your weather is going to suck when you see Jim and TWC show up. Maybe he creates the bad weather.

QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 2, 2014 -> 11:31 AM)
The big question... Will there be a "Party in the USA" parody song made from this article topic?

No man can tell.

I was feeling more a parody to Back in the USSR. But we're a syllable short.

QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 4, 2014 -> 04:31 AM)
We've done some interesting things through the years. Different countries believe different things about their enemies. Our view of Russia during the cold war as this evil country out for world domination certainly wasn't how Russia viewed itself. Of course their view of the US was markedly different than how we viewed ourselves. But stuff like Bay of Pigs shows we do like to meddle in the internal working of countries. In some corners of the world we are the country that dropped the bombs.

Would the CIA or military experiment with a biological contaminate? I pray not, and don't know what I would do if I learned we did. Move to Mexico? But I can certainly believe that people in other parts of the world believe it. Isn't the US always around when these diseases break out? We call it humanitarian aid. We're like Jim Cantore, you know your weather is going to suck when you see Jim and TWC show up. Maybe he creates the bad weather.

The US got out of the biological warfare game in the late 1960s after signing an agreement with Russia, and for the most part it seems like we lived up to that. There might be a few details buried somewhere but a substantial manufacturing program, with the ability to actually deploy things, that would be very hard to cover up.

The Soviets maintained, in violation of that agreement, a substantial biowarfare program until communism collapsed.

QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 5, 2014 -> 06:34 AM)
Donald Trump wants all flights from Africa to be cancelled until further notice. Oy ve

You mean like what British Airways and Gulf carrier Emirates did?