This is a joke!!

ranger2004

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 08:41 AM)
The boston herald is reporting the same. They say Boston is going after Sale and Stanton this offseason.

Unless you're reading something different than what I am, I would not characterize that as "reporting." It's a column that advocates for the Red Sox to go after Sale, and also every other player in MLB.

Not sure where these Red Sox people are getting the idea that Sale is remotely available.

QUOTE (shysocks @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 09:38 AM)
Unless you're reading something different than what I am, I would not characterize that as "reporting." It's a column that advocates for the Red Sox to go after Sale, and also every other player in MLB.

Not sure where these Red Sox people are getting the idea that Sale is remotely available.

It originates with the mentality of "We're the Red Sox, we can have whatever we want." It's a very arrogant personality trait true of many Red Sox fans. Frankly though, it's true of a lot of sports fans in general.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 09:40 AM)
It originates with the mentality of "We're the Red Sox, we can have whatever we want." It's a very arrogant personality trait true of many Red Sox fans. Frankly though, it's true of a lot of sports fans in general.

To name a few: Red Sox, Yankees, Dodgers, Lakers, Celtics, Patriots, 49ers... basically the big market East/West coast teams.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 03:46 PM)
To name a few: Red Sox, Yankees, Dodgers, Lakers, Celtics, Patriots, 49ers... basically the big market East/West coast teams.

You know what though, I feel like their Org feels the same way and...it just kind of works. Those organizations due tend to get these deals to work through some sort of big market swagger or something.

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 08:44 AM)
OK. I am also going to try and make a run at Kate Upton this offseason as well. Wish me luck.

Please don't, the world does not need Wite in the Justin Verlander pose when her next set of nudes are leaked.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Oct 6, 2014 -> 09:47 AM)
The Red Sox have so much MLB ready pitching. It's not going to be Sale, it could be Stanton but regardless, they are going to package up a handful of these prospects for someone good. I think they're the team to watch this offseason. They have way too many players for too few positions and one of the top systems in the league with a good deal of those prospects near MLB ready.

That must be discounted, however, because Red Sox prospects are notoriously over-hyped.

A year ago, Jackie Bradley Jr was can't miss, e.g.

They're acting like Betts is Mike Trout. It's nuts.

A lot of them are very good and they are willing to trade prospects.

Edited by GreenSox