Cops kill kid who had toy gun at park

greg775

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 08:40 AM)
When I first heard of this story and before the identity of the victim was released, I told friends and co-workers that I would be shocked if the victim wasn't black and the cop wasn't white...

Yeah, I went there.

Proud of yourself or something?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ Nov 24, 2014 -> 01:17 PM)
You know what, I look at the cop's situation in terms of his having a job to do. I also work for a living and am under contant scrutiny and get yelled at or fired if I do a poor job. I think this cop did a very poor job. I may be wrong. That's how I feel. My bottom line is he is in a dangerous line of work and he didn't need to shoot to kill a 12 year old. It's a more serious line of work than mine, but in judging him before seeing the tape, I think he gets a big, fat FAIL for what happened. At this point in time I think he should definitely find a new line of work. Again, if this proves false when the tape comes out, my bad.

I'm going by what I've read which is a dangerous thing to do in the day and age of social media.

Greg, the analysis is a bit different in this situation.

Keep in mind that if the cop is wrong, he and/or someone else potentially gets shot and/or killed.

That influences your decision tremendously.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Nov 24, 2014 -> 02:46 PM)
I think with a little kid, I would be more willing to take a risk that maybe the gun is fake or if it is real the kid doesn't even know what he's doing with it. I think I would rather take the risk of getting shot at than to shoot a little kid. I could never live with that.

Or you would be dead and your own kids would be without a father.

I don't think many cops want to shoot people, and especially not children.

But they are put in a position where doing their job and protecting themselves doesn't necessarily line up with doing what they want.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 07:40 AM)
When I first heard of this story and before the identity of the victim was released, I told friends and co-workers that I would be shocked if the victim wasn't black and the cop wasn't white...

Yeah, I went there.

Cuz black cops never shoot white people

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2014-06...haron-mangerson

or commit excessive force violations

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/b...1125-story.html

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 12:59 PM)
For every one of those instances, literally dozens are white on black.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 01:04 PM)
For every one of those instances, literally dozens are white on black.

I'm actually really curious around the data on that, if anyone has anything around that please share. It'd be interesting to see minority cops vs white "victims" with % of minority cops included in that. I wonder if it actually differs greatly from white vs. minority "victims".

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 01:14 PM)
Source?

Source? Life experience...haven't you heard that minorities are distrustful of the police? Why is that? Whites don't commit crimes? Myself, I've had bad experiences with the police, especially when I was living in Southern California just because I had my hair a certain way, I had shaved my head, it was a really hot summer and I went from long hair (metal fan) to shaved head and I got pulled over frequently for bulls*** reasons. A redneck cop even asked to see my prison gang tats, never mind that I didn't dress like a cholo and never was in a gang nor in prison. I've even been handcuffed as they searched my car and had a gun in my face.

Yeah, I don't like cops because I have my reasons. A Riverside cop who was going out with my cousin (he was Mexican American), told me that a lot of his fellow cops were indeed racists and liked messing with minorities just for the f*ck of it. Whites aren't fearful of the police because they don't f*** with you, minorities are wary of the police because we get hassled by them, sometimes for no reason at all. I got hassled by them because apparently, young Latinos can't drive in nice cars in white neighborhoods with a white girl on the passenger side...

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 07:40 AM)

Yeah, I went there.

Congratulations, you're an admitted racist, and think its ok because you aren't white. Yea, I went there.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 01:49 PM)
Source? Life experience...haven't you heard that minorities are distrustful of the police? Why is that? Whites don't commit crimes? Myself, I've had bad experiences with the police, especially when I was living in Southern California just because I had my hair a certain way, I had shaved my head, it was a really hot summer and I went from long hair (metal fan) to shaved head and I got pulled over frequently for bulls*** reasons. A redneck cop even asked to see my prison gang tats, never mind that I didn't dress like a cholo and never was in a gang nor in prison. I've even been handcuffed as they searched my car and had a gun in my face.

Yeah, I don't like cops because I have my reasons. A Riverside cop who was going out with my cousin (he was Mexican American), told me that a lot of his fellow cops were indeed racists and liked messing with minorities just for the f*ck of it. Whites aren't fearful of the police because they don't f*** with you, minorities are wary of the police because we get hassled by them, sometimes for no reason at all. I got hassled by them because apparently, young Latinos can't drive in nice cars in white neighborhoods with a white girl on the passenger side...

Oh i've heard it. I've heard there's an "epidemic" of police acting "with impunity" towards blacks. I don't really buy it though. I do think there is a class issue when it comes to policing, but not a racial one (directly anyway).

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 02:01 PM)
Great comeback.
Whatever, I don't give a s*** what you think. I know I'm not racist, I've never been, my mom was white (Spanish background), I have friends of every race and creed. For you to call me a racist just because I told you that I've been hassled by ignorant redneck cops, is just...like I said, whatever man. Go on living in your naive surburbia believing racist cops don't exist.

I understand some of you are angry, with every right to be, but it's not suddenly acceptable to show your anti-white racism here, nor is it open season on white people that did nothing wrong to you, ever. It seems that in light of this event, some of you opportunists are deciding to take this moment to show your true colors and expect any and all white people to just shut up and take it. Well, if this is you, you can go f*** yourself.

Racism isn't ok no matter what color you are.

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 02:05 PM)
Oh i've heard it. I've heard there's an "epidemic" of police acting "with impunity" towards blacks. I don't really buy it though. I do think there is a class issue when it comes to policing, but not a racial one (directly anyway).

I'm only recounting my bad experiences with the police for no apparent reason and telling you what a Riverside police officer told you about there being white racist cops.

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 02:06 PM)
Whatever, I don't give a s*** what you think. I know I'm not racist, I've never been, my mom was white (Spanish background), I have friends of every race and creed. For you to call me a racist just because I told you that I've been hassled by ignorant redneck cops, is just...like I said, whatever man. Go on living in your naive surburbia believing racist cops don't exist.

I never said racist cops don't exist. You, however, insulated that all white cops are racists, ironically by perpetrating racist stereotypes, and then backed it up by pulling the I'm not a racist because I have white parents card, and then proceeding to be a racist again by referring to whites as rednecks.

Edited by Y2HH

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 02:08 PM)
I understand some of you are angry, with every right to be, but it's not suddenly acceptable to show your anti-white racism here, nor is it open season on white people that did nothing wrong to you, ever. It seems that in light of this event, some of you opportunists are deciding to take this moment to show your true colors and expect any and all white people to just shut up and take it. Well, if this is you, you can go f*** yourself.

Racism isn't ok no matter what color you are.

kill all white people

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 02:05 PM)

It's hard to argue that it's not both.

lead.jpg

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 02:08 PM)
I understand some of you are angry, with every right to be, but it's not suddenly acceptable to show your anti-white racism here, nor is it open season on white people that did nothing wrong to you, ever. It seems that in light of this event, some of you opportunists are deciding to take this moment to show your true colors and expect any and all white people to just shut up and take it. Well, if this is you, you can go f*** yourself. Racism isn't ok no matter what color you are.

Lol, where did I call ALL white people racists? Please point it out. I said white people don't understand minorities mistrust of the police and somehow you took that as me calling all whites racists? Really dude? My mom was white, yes there are white people in Mexico, you know Spain is in Europe, ignorant idiots don't know that. How the hell am I going to racist towards a part of what I am, lol. Get out of here.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Nov 25, 2014 -> 02:14 PM)
Lol, where did I call ALL white people racists? Please point it out. I said white people don't understand minorities mistrust of the police and somehow you took that as me calling all whites racists? Really dude? My mom was white, yes there are white people in Mexico, you know Spain is in Europe, ignorant idiots don't know that. How the hell am I going to racist towards a part of what I am, lol. Get out of here.

I haven't read this article beyond the headline but I imagine it gets to this issue.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archiv...erguson/378928/

When a person ends a post with "yea, I went there", they weren't saying something nice.

And for the actual record, no I don't think you're an actual racist, I don't know you in real life, but I've had many interactions with you on this forum over the years, and I attribute this to the current state of affairs to this reaction you've seem to have had.