dunn's.future with the organization

ron883

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 17, 2015 -> 02:52 AM)
Why? Can people not excel at jobs with which they are not happy? Mark Buehrle talked about retiring at 28/29, and talked about retiring at 32/33. I think he enjoys baseball, but it's work. He's made more than $100 million in his career, and he doesn't appear to be the type to enjoy a lavish lifestyle. Just because someone succeeds in their career exceedingly well does not mean that they enjoy it or want to be apart of it as long as they are a capable worker.

:cheers

I hate my job personally, but when I'm at it getting paid to do it I strive to be better than anyone else doing it, because I will get recognized for it and paid even more.

quick edit: man I haven't posted here this offseason have I... still read it everyday but time to update my sig... might just go back to GrindErstad Palehose comic if I still got it! This one was made for me by the photoshop happy fiance and is wayyyyyyyyyyyyy outdated now hahaha.

Edited by ROC Sox Fan

Why? Can people not excel at jobs with which they are not happy?

Sure they can. Lots of things are possible. But "not being happy" is yet another conjecture, just as his "heart not being in it" is. What are these comments based on? Because he's not super rah rah and a camera hound like some players?

Mark Buehrle talked about retiring at 28/29, and talked about retiring at 32/33.

And yet here he is, about to enter his 16th season in the majors, and he'll be 36 on opening day.

I think he enjoys baseball, but it's work.

Of course it's work. Being apart from your family for half the year must be brutal. Who wouldn't be affected by that?

Just because someone succeeds in their career exceedingly well does not mean that they enjoy it or want to be apart of it as long as they are a capable worker.

Just as talking about getting out and returning to a normal life sometime soon does not mean he's unhappy or whatever other adjective you want to use. The guy has all the money he could ever need, so he's clearly not still playing for money. Why would he keep doing it if it's so unappealing to him?

why are you guys apologizing for him? Adam Dunn sucked, he was awful,

he was the worst p[layer to put on a Sox uniform in the last 20yrs, name

me one worse? and who got paid more? Oh, he was a nice guy in the clubhouse,

who gives a crap? For 56mil we paid him to be terrible, I could be as good as he was.

we made him a rich millionaire he's laughing all the way to the bank. I hope I never

see or hear from adam dunn ever again, geeez! thanks, douglas

QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jan 17, 2015 -> 01:52 AM)
Why? Can people not excel at jobs with which they are not happy? Mark Buehrle talked about retiring at 28/29, and talked about retiring at 32/33. I think he enjoys baseball, but it's work. He's made more than $100 million in his career, and he doesn't appear to be the type to enjoy a lavish lifestyle. Just because someone succeeds in their career exceedingly well does not mean that they enjoy it or want to be apart of it as long as they are a capable worker.

If you listen to Mark Buehrle, baseball is not nearly the most important thing in his life, not even close really. While he is really good at it, his life isn't dedicated to it. For the first half of his career, he didn't even put in off-season workouts. He only started to do so because he had to in order to protect his job. I think he enjoys baseball, but it isn't like an Adam Eaton thing where he would play the first pick up game of baseball he came across if he wasn't getting paid for it. I think in Mark's life, he would have been perfectly happy if he had failed at baseball and was doing something else.

QUOTE (Douglas Rome @ Jan 17, 2015 -> 05:10 AM)

who gives a crap? For 56mil we paid him to be terrible, I could be as good as he was.

we made him a rich millionaire he's laughing all the way to the bank. I hope I never

Because the rest of us can separate on the field from off of the field. I reserve my hate for true scumbags like wifebeaters, cheaters, and the like. Who gives a crap? I do. I can respect a guy who isn't good at his job if he excels at being a human being. To me that is a way higher priority.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 17, 2015 -> 09:48 AM)
If you listen to Mark Buehrle, baseball is not nearly the most important thing in his life, not even close really.

Work never should be the most important thing in your life. For 99.99999999% of the population, working is just a means to an end.

Dunn produced on terrible teams. And when he was expected to produce for a team that intended to win, he failed.

He also seemed to not care. That's going to rub the fans the wrong way.

That said, I doubt he takes a job with the sox, or any team. He has other financial interests that he seems to be more excited to explore.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 19, 2015 -> 08:02 AM)
I don't know how anyone would get this from his statements while he was with our org, but people still say it, I guess it sells.

You don't have to throw a juvenile temper tantrum to prove you "care". Dunn even changed his entire off-season after 2011 to try to fix the problem. If that doesn't tell you he "care"s I don't know what does.

No you couldn't.

QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Jan 19, 2015 -> 07:50 AM)
Dunn produced on terrible teams. And when he was expected to produce for a team that intended to win, he failed.

He was perfectly fine in 2012, and the Sox were in that until the very end.