Supreme Court to Decide Whether Gays Nationwide Can Marry

StrangeSox

Being gay isn't a choice, people are born that way, hence they have rights. Polygamy, is a choice. Although I couldn't care less if 5 people wanted to get married to each other.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 07:20 AM)
Being gay isn't a choice, people are born that way, hence they have rights. Polygamy, is a choice. Although I couldn't care less if 5 people wanted to get married to each other.

Unless you believe that genetically we aren't made to be monogamous.

QUOTE (farmteam @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 08:24 AM)
It's really disturbing how many people don't/refuse to believe this.

A dude I didn't know on Facebook legit thought that guys chose to be gay because they can't get girls. It was the dumbest argument I ever got involved in.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 10:31 AM)
A dude I didn't know on Facebook legit thought that guys chose to be gay because they can't get girls. It was the dumbest argument I ever got involved in.

sounds like a total dumbass

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 07:20 AM)

There are many radfems that think being gay is a choice that you need to make to break thru the stranglehold of the patriarchy who would disagree with you.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 02:51 PM)
There are many radfems that think being gay is a choice that you need to make to break thru the stranglehold of the patriarchy who would disagree with you.

Radfems?

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 10:31 AM)

And you are just as dumb for even getting in the argument. ;)

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 02:51 PM)

And that's a political statement, not genetics. We are who we are, but that doesn't mean we can't choose to do something else, does it?

Sad I was away when this happened.

It was 4 days ago, but I just want to say how absurd it was telling people who just got the right to build a family, the most personal and involved relationships in your life, that it was not that big a deal compared to some trade deals or foreign policy. What a ridiculous statement.

Brownback is trying to get a religious exemption passed in Kansas. How come nobody nationally is noticing and giving Kansas s*** like Indiana when they had similar zealousness? Brownback isn't even trying to hide it. He's against gay marriage and trying to add a religious exemption.

Edited by greg775

• 2 weeks later...

That seems more administrative than political. If we are going to have husband-husband/wife-wife/gender-blind marriages, you can't use gendered terms in a sweeping way in legal documents without causing confusion or worse.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...