F. Gutierrez/J.Montero available for bench roles?

caulfield12

I don't see where either one fit on the White Sox. They can't make the cut in Seattle why would we be interested. Plus they have been reassigned to the minors, or so it appears, and thus still under team control. Montero seems to need a lot of work still and had been at 1B and obviously we have no need for an additional firstbaseman.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 21, 2015 -> 06:58 PM)

while reading one name pop up, so i google it, it is montero and the story of him chasing a scout with a baseball bat.. now i know why he lost the weight.

http://hardballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/...him-with-a-bat/

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 22, 2015 -> 01:51 PM)
It's not everything obviously but also the last time he was a positive defender according to UZR or DRS was 2011.

Just want some more experience on the bench than Shuck. That said, he's done fairly well this spring, so you'd have to say the job is his to lose until/unless something dramatic happens the last two weeks (or the waiver wire proves too hard to pass up an available free talent for Hahn).

Edited by caulfield12

Jhoulys Chacin just got dumped by the Rockies.

Add him to the list. Did he pitch against us last year at Coors, the series Abreu just went off with the power display?

Mark Trumbo might be traded by the Dbacks to free up OF space for Tomas (if they don't send him to the minors).

All or nothing hitter, put up HUGE numbers in 2013 for the Angels. What, if anything, would you give up for him....and it wouldn't be a starting position, back-up 1B/DH.

Has he ever played 3B recently? That would seem to be a disaster waiting to happen, though.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 22, 2015 -> 03:30 PM)
Jhoulys Chacin just got dumped by the Rockies.

Add him to the list. Did he pitch against us last year at Coors, the series Abreu just went off with the power display?

Mark Trumbo might be traded by the Dbacks to free up OF space for Tomas (if they don't send him to the minors).

All or nothing hitter, put up HUGE numbers in 2013 for the Angels. What, if anything, would you give up for him....and it wouldn't be a starting position, back-up 1B/DH.

Has he ever played 3B recently? That would seem to be a disaster waiting to happen, though.

You aren't going to mention every piece of crap available are you?

I would be interested in Montero if they were to let him go for something reasonable. He could provide insurance against and Abreu injury, platoon some with LaRoche at DH, and serve as emergency C. He seems to be the kind of guy that would really do well with a change in scenery.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Mar 23, 2015 -> 03:33 PM)
I would be interested in Montero if they were to let him go for something reasonable. He could provide insurance against and Abreu injury, platoon some with LaRoche at DH, and serve as emergency C. He seems to be the kind of guy that would really do well with a change in scenery.

if he is not chasing his teammates around threatening them with a bat. :o