Minor League Opening Day!!

GGajewski18

Our recaps are also starting today! We'll post the link here when its up, and on Twitter and FB of course.

The recap team is now primarily three people, for those who care: Rob (southside hitman), Daniel (Quinarvy) and Will (wsiskel), with occasional jump-in posts by Dan (danman31), Brian (raBBit) and I.

I'll be watching Kanny all weekend, pumped to see their pitching (Guerrero, Adams, Peralta, Lowry), I'd assume Trexler and Martinez round out their rotation, they should be competitive under Tommy Thompson this year with that staff and some interesting hitters

Off topic, but where in the world is Juan Silverio? I know we signed him back over the winter

Charlotte:

Saladino 2-2 RBI

Beltre 1-1 HR

Thompson 1-1 2B

Smith 1-1

Davidson 0-1 K

Barnum 1-2 2 RBIs

Trey 0-2 2Ks

Jordan Guerrero 4 IP 1H 4Ks

Seth Lakso @SethLakso · 19m 19 minutes ago

Small sample size, but Matt Davidson’s defense at 3B looks to be much improved from last season. He has 3 of the Knights 5 putouts.

Edited by SoxPride18

My big take away from opening day is that I forgot how annoying the ads on milb.com are. I like to pin the 4 box scores for the day in my browser and take a peak every so often until the final and they just blow up my computer with all the videos and crap.

Also, Courtney Hawkins in AA might unfortunately end with hilarious consequences.

I saw Guerrero and Kanny live last night, tough to give an scouting reports since it was Day 1 in freezing weather and borderline snow, but was able to take a few things away:

- Guerrero topped out at 93 but had some filthy change-ups (83,84) that he used to make batters look silly

- Chris Curley was no Trey Michalchewski at 3B, Trey made some filthy plays at 3B last year while Curley looked lazy, weather may have factored in

- Eddy Alvarez is tiny but his thighs are solid (as expected from an Olympic speed skater), he made some nice plays at SS last night and took some nice cuts

- Toby Thomas looks like the smallest player on the team, built like a bat boy

- Not that this means much as we'll find out shortly but Trexler was hanging with bullpen guys all night, doing jogs with them, he may stay in the 'pen

I'll be seeing them all weekend for better "reports"