The White Sox Looming Decision

Eminor3rd

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ May 7, 2015 -> 03:08 AM)
Dave Cameron said in his chat that the Astros have an interest in Shark.

I think unless the Sox are getting Correa, which is never going to happen, I think that Houston is a bad trade partner for the Sox.

Maybe not.

Preston Tucker, Colin Moran and Domingo Santana would be interesting.

Appel and Correa aren't going anywhere.

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ May 7, 2015 -> 04:08 AM)

I think unless the Sox are getting Correa, which is never going to happen, I think that Houston is a bad trade partner for the Sox.

In a couple of weeks, the White Sox will have a better record than Houston.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2015 -> 01:06 PM)
Maybe not.

Preston Tucker, Colin Moran and Domingo Santana would be interesting.

Appel and Correa aren't going anywhere.

my question is, what will Hou be willing to give up??

would an agreement of both of their first rnd draft picks plus their comp pick and lets say 2 of the players selected?? maybe the sox can kick in chris beck and add the third player, being a pitcher.

Brett Phillips - of, Derek Fisher - of, Joan Mauricio - sp, Michael Feliz- sp

QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ May 7, 2015 -> 04:08 AM)

There are probably 28 other teams in baseball that have interest in him. He is a darned good pitcher.

QUOTE (LDF @ May 7, 2015 -> 08:02 AM)
my question is, what will Hou be willing to give up??

would an agreement of both of their first rnd draft picks plus their comp pick and lets say 2 of the players selected?? maybe the sox can kick in chris beck and add the third player, being a pitcher.

Brett Phillips - of, Derek Fisher - of, Joan Mauricio - sp, Michael Feliz- sp

Can't trade draft picks.

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 7, 2015 -> 05:38 PM)
Can't trade draft picks.

something in the cba it was agreed to something about the draft picks.

second, the comp picks can

third, an agreement of some kind to the prospects after a certain date, can be traded.

QUOTE (raBBit @ May 7, 2015 -> 05:48 PM)
Astros farm system has taken a hit. With guys graduating and a couple trades their farm is middle of the road. Colin Moran is such a blah prospect. I want to get a better 3B than Conor Gilaspie not perpetuate Conor Gillaspie's production with a guy who has a different name.

they have some talent on the cusp of making the big league from their farm.

White Sox: 10-14, 5 1/2 games back in the AL Central

Freak-Out Factor: 9, or one for every 0-fer from Adam Eaton this season

This club scored two runs or fewer in half of its first 22 games. All three of their supposed lynchpins in the rotation -- Chris Sale, Jeff Samardzija and Jose Quintana -- have turned in at least one certifiable, Grade-A clunker. You and I have gotten on base only slightly less frequently than leadoff man Eaton. And April wasn't even over before manager Robin Ventura received the first public vote of confidence from general manager Rick Hahn, so that news-cycle requirement has already been addressed.

The White Sox, basically, have been a mess, and the struggles of the stars only make the holes at catcher, second base, third base and the back-end of the rotation more apparent. At some point, perhaps soon, Carlos Rodon is bound to supplant either John Danks or Hector Noesi in that rotation, but the 22-year-old rookie lefty is probably the only real desperation lever Ventura has to pull here, and obviously Rodon can't spark the lineup. As is the case with the Indians, I'll raise the panic meter here slightly because of the division depth. The other factor that must be considered here is the Trade Deadline and Samardzija's looming free agency, which might impact Hahn's patience level if the Sox are merely hovering midseason and not actually making an earnest rise up the standings.

It's a lot to ask of a club to go from 89 losses one year to October the next, and, with their slow start, the Sox have doubled down on the difficulty.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/12275...95269-658620023

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2015 -> 08:19 PM)
White Sox: 10-14, 5 1/2 games back in the AL Central

Freak-Out Factor: 9, or one for every 0-fer from Adam Eaton this season

This club scored two runs or fewer in half of its first 22 games. All three of their supposed lynchpins in the rotation -- Chris Sale, Jeff Samardzija and Jose Quintana -- have turned in at least one certifiable, Grade-A clunker. You and I have gotten on base only slightly less frequently than leadoff man Eaton. And April wasn't even over before manager Robin Ventura received the first public vote of confidence from general manager Rick Hahn, so that news-cycle requirement has already been addressed.

The White Sox, basically, have been a mess, and the struggles of the stars only make the holes at catcher, second base, third base and the back-end of the rotation more apparent. At some point, perhaps soon, Carlos Rodon is bound to supplant either John Danks or Hector Noesi in that rotation, but the 22-year-old rookie lefty is probably the only real desperation lever Ventura has to pull here, and obviously Rodon can't spark the lineup. As is the case with the Indians, I'll raise the panic meter here slightly because of the division depth. The other factor that must be considered here is the Trade Deadline and Samardzija's looming free agency, which might impact Hahn's patience level if the Sox are merely hovering midseason and not actually making an earnest rise up the standings.

It's a lot to ask of a club to go from 89 losses one year to October the next, and, with their slow start, the Sox have doubled down on the difficulty.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/12275...95269-658620023

excellent article and right on, re: bold,