GAME THREAD 5/15 - SOX @ OAK

• Replies 669
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (RockRaines @ May 16, 2015 -> 04:23 AM)
Hes on the Cubs

I don't think they'll trade him during the season, now that they're competitive. Most likely, he'll be gone this offseason. If I had to guess, Alexei/Tulo to Padres/Mets makes the most sense.

QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:23 PM)
This is starting off like Minn series when they were dead until Sox showed up.

FWIW the walks are killing the Sox right now. If Rodon attacks the f***ing hitters, it's probably still a 2-1 ball game.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:25 PM)
FWIW the walks are killing the Sox right now. If Rodon attacks the f***ing hitters, it's probably still a 2-1 ball game.

If Avi would of waited on a good pitch to hit in 1st inning game may be way different.

QUOTE (Dunt @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:21 PM)
Have you looked at his numbers?

Yeah, BB % up, K % down, and a BABIP a good 50 points below his career average. Seems like luck hasn't been his friend.

The power has been non-existent, but it's only been six weeks. Absolutely crazy to jump to any conclusions, especially when he's hit some hard-hit balls right at guys the past week. I'm not worried about Melky in the slightest.

Carlos has a 4.96 ERA but they have to keep sending him out there...unless he has 2-3 more starts with 5-6 walks.

His change has been abandoned....more or less. Hard to get by as a two pitch thrower unless you have Bob Feller stuff. Watching Pineda tonight, similar, fb and slider 95%. Contreras with fastball and forkball/split.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:24 PM)
I don't think they'll trade him during the season, now that they're competitive. Most likely, he'll be gone this offseason. If I had to guess, Alexei/Tulo to Padres/Mets makes the most sense.

Its already been rumored for pitching. Their SS in waiting is so much better.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:17 PM)
Putting us back in 2007 mode.

Seems we waited 7-10 days too late to bring up Sanchez...cold offensively now.

LOL hardly. The opposite, as a matter of fact. Despite a terrible season, Ozzie STILL wouldn't play the prospects. They wouldn't even do it in September. Unless you consider Jerry Mitchell a prospect. He was playing the utility players, and the org guys, the slap hitters, the lungers. I think Gio sat on the bench the entire month of September. I don't know that he even warmed up.

Edited by GreenSox

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:27 PM)
Carlos has a 4.96 ERA but they have to keep sending him out there...unless he has 2-3 more starts with 5-6 walks.

His change has been abandoned....more or less. Hard to get by as a two pitch thrower unless you have Bob Feller stuff. Watching Pineda tonight, similar, fb and slider 95%. Contreras with fastball and forkball/split.

Agree with this. He can't abandon the changeup if he wants to be succesful as a starter.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:29 PM)
LOL hardly. The opposite, as a matter of fact. Despite a terrible season, Ozzie STILL wouldn't play the prospects. Unless you consider Jerry Mitchell a prospect. He was playing the utility players, and the org guys, the slap hitters, the lungers.

Did you just combine Jerry Owens & Jared Mitchell into some sort of super-flop prospect?

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:31 PM)
Did you just combine Jerry Owens & Jared Mitchell into some sort of super-flop prospect?

Don't know why, but this just made me laugh incredibly hard

QUOTE (Dunt @ May 15, 2015 -> 11:33 PM)
Don't know why, but this just made me laugh incredibly hard

Ill go on record that I LOVED owens as a prospect at the time. Thought he was our next lead off man

Edited by RockRaines