Multiple Victims in Charleston SC Church Shooting

Rex Kickass

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Jun 26, 2015 -> 01:44 PM)
I think there's a fine line here. A statue in a public building is interpreted by the general public as honoring the person, not as a figure in history who may have done really good or really bad things. Clearly these people need to remain a part of our public conscience within the context of the study of history, but putting a statue of them up in a public place goes beyond that.

I do find it very ironic that Washington and Jefferson get free passes though. Somehow owning slaves in 1790 isn't as bad as owning slaves in 1860. A few years back I went to Charlottesville for a week for training, and one of the co-workers who went with me is black. He was not in a very good mood after the trip to and tour of Monticello, and I don't blame him.

Yeah, that stuff belongs in museums.

Or, if you're offended that someone cheated on their wife, the only presidential statue to be erected in the future will be of Jimmy Carter, by all accounts, our worst but smartest and most moral president and the one who has done the most since leaving office.

But...back to the y2hh point, it would be a true shame if a kid can't play a Stratego or Risk-like Civil War based strategy game because there happens to be a Confederate battle flag as part of the game.

That's sanitizing the past to the point where it soon becomes unrecognizable.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jun 27, 2015 -> 10:31 PM)
5 African American churches in the South have been set ablaze in apparent arsons in the last week.

What evil person would burn down a church? What a world. ... Maybe the racist nuts of the world will burn down hospitals if it's deemed they employ too many African American doctors n nurses.

Edited by greg775

http://www.live5news.com/story/29422267/wo...f-sc-statehouse

An African American woman climbed the flag pole and took it down this morning. It has since been put back and she was arrested.

If the governor can't get the legislature to vote to take down the flag, then all she really needs to do is publicly state that she'll pardon anybody who does this.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 11:49 AM)
7 black churches go down because of electrical issues. What a coincidence. Must've used same contractor.

Nice way to not read. I said one. And one of the seven is supposedly not a black church.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jul 1, 2015 -> 12:55 PM)
So it's ok that only 5 burned?

Yet one more wonderful interpretation of yours. Did I say or even imply that? No. You just assumed that since I didn't bow to your wisdom that I was saying that. it is not ok that any of them were burned down, even the electrical one. But until you have proof of the motivation behind them, if it wasn't an accident, why not try and withhold your bomb throwing for just a bit, until there are some fact that can be confirmed thru something other than knee jerk reactions and guesswork.