2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 02:28 AM)
I don't know about 100 from just Kane, but I did tweet yesterday a prediction that Kane and Panarin will COMBINE for 100 points this season. They work together beautifully.

I think something would have to go terribly wrong if they didn't combine for 100 points.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 10:39 AM)
Considering Kane had 64 points last year in just 61 games, I think them combining for 100 will be easy. Of course, injuries can happen, but let's hope they don't.

Well, I was just basing that on Panarin needing 34 points, and the Calder Cup winner last year putting up 39 points. So if it happens, Panarin is basically going to be a finisher for the Calder Cup, which at this point obviously looks good, but who knows what could happen.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 12:15 PM)
Well, I was just basing that on Panarin needing 34 points, and the Calder Cup winner last year putting up 39 points. So if it happens, Panarin is basically going to be a finisher for the Calder Cup, which at this point obviously looks good, but who knows what could happen.

Right, but if Kane stays healthy for the whole season then I think he could easily surpass his point total from last year. And honestly, this year's rookie class is so much more appealing than last year's, I wouldn't be surprised if Panarin can get more than 34.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 12:23 PM)
Right, but if Kane stays healthy for the whole season then I think he could easily surpass his point total from last year. And honestly, this year's rookie class is so much more appealing than last year's, I wouldn't be surprised if Panarin can get more than 34.

Well I wouldn't be surprised either, hence my guess, lol. But I'm just not willing to go so far as to say they will EASILY reach 100 points together. I think it's certainly possible though.

But anyway, semantics and s***.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 12:23 PM)

Kane may have 100 on his own if he plays all 82 (barring injury/jail time)

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 03:13 AM)
Last year he gets it if he stays healthy. I'd say he's a better player now than 2010 and his linemates are better.

i don't know if the bold is correct.

i think he may have a renewed interest in doing better, the off season comes to mind. also, the team first two lines are really more spread out, talent wise. i like to say it is equally deeper. before, there was only 1 mega line, Toews Hossa and Kane, now the hawks can roll out 2 lines that are dangerous and unless a team has two shutdown lines, the other will kill them.

now, the hawks also have the excitement of having a very special talent and put that on the same line as kane..... wow.

just my 2 cents.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 11, 2015 -> 10:13 PM)
Last year he gets it if he stays healthy. I'd say he's a better player now than 2010 and his linemates are better.

I don't want to say he wouldn't, but I don't like when we do the "at this pace" stuff as inevitable. Even if he doesn't get injured he may have had a 2 week pointless streak. It just happens over the course of a season.

QUOTE (bmags @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 02:38 PM)
I don't want to say he wouldn't, but I don't like when we do the "at this pace" stuff as inevitable. Even if he doesn't get injured he may have had a 2 week pointless streak. It just happens over the course of a season.

i agree. the season is what, 80 games not including the playoff. in order to maintain the level of excellent play, it is virtually impossible. now the off games, i guess the players need to minimize mistakes .... but i guess there is ways to be into the game.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 01:11 AM)
He averaged 1 point a game last season. Where are you finding those other 20 points from?

My answer would be "Panarin and Anisimov." Let's say you're spot on and it's 82 points for Kane this year. If you don't think Panarin can end with 18...

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 12, 2015 -> 06:16 AM)
i don't know if the bold is correct.

i think he may have a renewed interest in doing better, the off season comes to mind. also, the team first two lines are really more spread out, talent wise. i like to say it is equally deeper. before, there was only 1 mega line, Toews Hossa and Kane, now the hawks can roll out 2 lines that are dangerous and unless a team has two shutdown lines, the other will kill them.

now, the hawks also have the excitement of having a very special talent and put that on the same line as kane..... wow.

just my 2 cents.

He played a lot of 2010 with Dave Bolland. Dave Bolland sucks.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 12:54 PM)
He played a lot of 2010 with Dave Bolland. Dave Bolland sucks.

regardless of the bolland comment, i was just pointing out that these first 2 lines may be the best the hawks have had in a while.

that is all.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 11:21 AM)
regardless of the bolland comment, i was just pointing out that these first 2 lines may be the best the hawks have had in a while.

that is all.

I said that this year, his linemates (the two forwards he plays with) are better. You bolded it and said you're unsure if it's correct. Now, you're saying you agree? I'm confused.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 06:40 PM)
I said that this year, his linemates (the two forwards he plays with) are better. You bolded it and said you're unsure if it's correct. Now, you're saying you agree? I'm confused.

then i was totally wrong in that, my apologies. i can't remember the point i was going for.

sorry.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 06:53 AM)
My answer would be "Panarin and Anisimov." Let's say you're spot on and it's 82 points for Kane this year. If you don't think Panarin can end with 18...

No, I mean how do you figure that if didn't miss any games last year, he would have reached 100 points? He was only on pace for about 85 points had he played all 82 games.

QUOTE (LDF @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 02:19 PM)
ok i can see that, but why sign him in the first place....

maybe could it be to bring him up in a later date in case of an injury???

Yes. They probably signed him knowing he can get through on waivers, and he already knows the system.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Oct 15, 2015 -> 07:21 PM)
Yes. They probably signed him knowing he can get through on waivers, and he already knows the system.

many thanks... i just thought of that while writing my response in the post before.

excellent !!!!

now for the move. i don't know. lets see how he does at rockford.