2015-16 NHL thread

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 06:15 AM)
you are taking my post in from a statement i made in ref to, if they hawks can not add another experience d-man to the mix.

now ref to Daley, yeah, i watched him in games when there was nothing else to watch in the regional games.

what i remember is a player who is offensively skilled. really skilled. has problems matching up bodies in or after a check. very limited in the physical dept.

so have you EVER seen Daley play??? i will ask you the same question.

furthermore, in Q system of play, all players must be responsible for their position, forecheck, backcheck, also need to be able to go on a dime, on the attack by pushing the puck in or setting themselve in a position to help or to score. players playing for Q can not cherry pick, circle the perimeters for that outlet pass, and most importantly they have to be able to take the body.

that is another reason, rookies really are frown up or plays as little as they do, b/c they, when being put into Q system, has to learn additional parts of their responsibility for their position, under Q way of playing.

There was a lot of worry about Oduya when he came here. Daley will adapt and will be more responsible in his own end now.

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 02:26 PM)
There was a lot of worry about Oduya when he came here. Daley will adapt and will be more responsible in his own end now.

don't take what i am about to say wrong. but.....

when any player no matter whether he is a rookie or a vet, under Q system, they will have to learn the system. our opinion, as fan really won't really matter. it is now up to that player and the system and the coaches.

that is what makes this team great.... all the players brought into the system.

i saw this kind of excitement in when Pulford was coach, Sutter, Keenan..... there were all strict coaches who coached with a heavy hand and instill, playing both side of the puck.

the gm has a harder job to identify those special kind of players who can play and buy into the coaches system.

Edited by LDF

QUOTE (Tony82087 @ Jul 14, 2015 -> 08:28 PM)
The real kick in the nuts is going to be when Oduya signs with Dallas, which looks like it very well may happen....

It's official. Terms were not "released", but reported to be two year, $3.75 AAV.

I gotta say I'd feel a whole lot better about this whole offseason if Johns wasn't included in the Sharp deal. Oh well. I just hope that Bowman is right about Isaac Asimov. (It's gonna take me time to learn his real name)

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 10:36 AM)
It's official. Terms were not "released", but reported to be two year, $3.75 AAV.

I gotta say I'd feel a whole lot better about this whole offseason if Johns wasn't included in the Sharp deal. Oh well. I just hope that Bowman is right about Isaac Asimov. (It's gonna take me time to learn his real name)

He is going to be a Foundation player?

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 10:36 AM)

Thats a pretty hefty contract for him IMO.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 02:17 PM)
here is my point on this site. this site i have posted, may vary in alot of ways, but it does provide a FYI kind of info. nice reading.

this was based on this morning....

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/John-Jaecke...pdate/128/69980

That pretty well reinforces the point that the Hawks were up against the wall in terms of value for its players.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 07:25 PM)
That pretty well reinforces the point that the Hawks were up against the wall in terms of value for its players.

all i will say is yes and no.

now today and until the season starts, most definitely, all these org will want to take advantage of the hawks in their position.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 11:41 AM)
Ducks sign Kesler to a 6-year extension, $6.875 AAV. As much as I wanted to trade for him last year, I want nothing to do with that deal.

Yeah, no thanks. All three of their highest paid players are going to be fading fast near the end of those deals.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 15, 2015 -> 09:52 PM)
Yeah, no thanks. All three of their highest paid players are going to be fading fast near the end of those deals.

also look at the hawks, now the hawks can't get a deal done unless they mortgage the minors.

interesting set of rumors.... yes it is rumors and well, i am just looking, mostly b/c it involves the hawks.

since the loosing of Oduya via ufa, there is a little rumblings that UFA Christian Ehrhoff-d is on the docket for a discussion with both parties interested, and Ehrhoff wouldn't mind playing on a really cap fav salary, in order for a chance to get a SC ring.

now my take is, the hawks needs to get rid of at least 6-8 million in salary..... how???

i think this may be wishful thinking.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 09:26 AM)
interesting set of rumors.... yes it is rumors and well, i am just looking, mostly b/c it involves the hawks.

since the loosing of Oduya via ufa, there is a little rumblings that UFA Christian Ehrhoff-d is on the docket for a discussion with both parties interested, and Ehrhoff wouldn't mind playing on a really cap fav salary, in order for a chance to get a SC ring.

now my take is, the hawks needs to get rid of at least 6-8 million in salary..... how???

i think this may be wishful thinking.

Ehrhoff is probably looking at a 1 year deal. He only made 4 million last year and had concussion issues. My guess is he's looking at a Richards type 1 year deal.

QUOTE (Wedge @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 04:18 PM)
Ehrhoff is probably looking at a 1 year deal. He only made 4 million last year and had concussion issues. My guess is he's looking at a Richards type 1 year deal.

i think you are correct.... just my opinion.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 11:56 AM)
They have 231k to spend. So, not likely

And they still MUST sign Kruger.

According to Spotrac, if they were to buyout Bickell's contract, it would be a $1 million cap hit the next two years, then $1.5 million for 17-18, and 18-19. So you would save $3 million in cap space the next two years, with a small penalty the following two seasons. That being said, you still would have to replace Bickell's spot on the roster.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 06:46 PM)

According to Spotrac, if they were to buyout Bickell's contract, it would be a $1 million cap hit the next two years, then $1.5 million for 17-18, and 18-19. So you would save $3 million in cap space the next two years, with a small penalty the following two seasons. That being said, you still would have to replace Bickell's spot on the roster.

dang it, i forgot about the buyout. i wonder what the cap hit is from steeger???

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 07:20 PM)
His cap hit is only like $2 million, Florida is paying half his contract as part of the trade.

many thanks, i just looked it up and i was a little confuse. too bad the hawks can't send him back.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 12:46 PM)

Which would be relatively easy.

Hossa Toews Panarin

Dano Anisimov Kane

Versteeg Teuvo Shaw

Garbutt Kruger Desjardins

Done.