7/16 Games

GGajewski18

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 16, 2015 -> 08:31 PM)
Love the fact that Micah's SB success rate is increasing at a higher level. He's not running like a loose cannon like he used to, and hopefully better techniques and getting a better read on opposing pitchers also play part in it.

Carlos Johnson would be the ROY. Shame we can't combine them.

Micah and Trey with nice showings. Micah really needs to be a part of a more dynamic offensive Sox infield to help get this team out of their doldrums. Gotta hope like hell the D is improving.

My goodness, B'Ham has been a hot club lately.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 07:10 AM)
Nice to see Zangari with a few hits and Cody Daily is just murdering the AZL.

I've been noticing Cody, too. Don't know much about him, except he is almost 23 and a Saluki.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 09:36 AM)
I've been noticing Cody, too. Don't know much about him, except he is almost 23 and a Saluki.

NDFA signing. Clearly too much for AZL. He could maybe play 1B in Kanny - their first baseman (Alexander Simon) was just a need-a-guy pickup and he's about 2 levels lower than he should be, so he doesn't really need to be there.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 09:42 AM)
NDFA signing. Clearly too much for AZL. He could maybe play 1B in Kanny - their first baseman (Alexander Simon) was just a need-a-guy pickup and he's about 2 levels lower than he should be, so he doesn't really need to be there.

I just googled him. Pretty solid stats at SIU. Can't imagine why he wasn't drafted.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 03:02 PM)
I cannot find 2015 stats on Daily. Is it possible he was injured for the 2015 college season? Could explain him not being drafted.

He graduated in 2014. I list him as a Non Drafted FA for 2014. He signed in Feb of 2015.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 01:10 PM)
Nice to see Zangari with a few hits and Cody Daily is just murdering the AZL.

i was looking at that and a couple of of the rookie league players. but where to put them, is what i was thought.

every players needs reps. can they move them around in the different sox rookie teams??? a change of team mates, a chg of pitchers facing??

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 09:10 AM)
Stats in college, at a lower level DI program, may not mean a ton.

Ouch. That's my alma mater you just threw under the bus. They had a pretty good program when I was there back in the 50's and 60's. I bet it's still a better program than most Junior Colleges.

Anyway, he signed last Feb and had a lot of spring training activity from Feb to June, I'm sure, so he hit the ground running.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 09:42 AM)

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 10:25 AM)
i was looking at that and a couple of of the rookie league players. but where to put them, is what i was thought.

every players needs reps. can they move them around in the different sox rookie teams??? a change of team mates, a chg of pitchers facing??

I think NorthSide summed up best what to potentially do with Daily but Zangari stays put since he's only 18 and fresh out of HS.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 05:50 PM)
I think NorthSide summed up best what to potentially do with Daily but Zangari stays put since he's only 18 and fresh out of HS.

oh sure.... side with the admin... i can how you are. :lol:

but in all honesty, while that is a good idea, i just didn't want to rush him. i would like to do a lateral move with other rookies and change the scenery and present him to other pitchers, like the ones he was facing. just a different view.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 11:54 AM)
oh sure.... side with the admin... i can how you are. :lol:

but in all honesty, while that is a good idea, i just didn't want to rush him. i would like to do a lateral move with other rookies and change the scenery and present him to other pitchers, like the ones he was facing. just a different view.

:lol:

Imo, since Daily is raking it does make sense to move him up to challenge him, so to speak. He won't really get much better facing inferior competition.

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Jul 17, 2015 -> 06:20 PM)
:lol:

Imo, since Daily is raking it does make sense to move him up to challenge him, so to speak. He won't really get much better facing inferior competition.

and i can understand your point. this is on me and my apprehension rushing prospects thru the system.

i would really like to see him and the several others who doing great get accumulated in this, the intro to the big leagues. then the next step is the natural progression based on their performance.

well..... remember what i always says...... what in hades do i know.