7/19 - Royals at White Sox

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 03:03 PM)
And of course...Sale at nearly 100 pitches to start the inning, and Albers now only just getting up. Good, proactive managing guys. It's not like you just asked for this pitcher to not pitch in the AS game and held him out a couple extra days for rest because you were thinking he was getting tired.

RV has to go at seasons end has too. If he is back it shows Sox do not care about winning at all.

Edited by Soxfest

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 03:06 PM)
I've said it all year - Ventura and Cooper have been way overworking these starters.

2nd in the league in starter innings.

And the price will be paid in the 2nd half.

I disagree. Seems like Sale and Shark usually go 110-120 give or take, Quintana a shade less, Rodon they baby, and Danks well, let's just hope he can go 6.

I don't see the problem letting the big 2 go over 100. Nothing wrong that glaringly jumps out at me. But that's me. I guess you're 100 pitch limit guy, which is fine, but I think we have horses that can easily handle a bit over 100.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 04:16 PM)
I disagree. Seems like Sale and Shark usually go 110-120 give or take, Quintana a shade less, Rodon they baby, and Danks well, let's just hope he can go 6.

I don't see the problem letting the big 2 go over 100. Nothing wrong that glaringly jumps out at me. But that's me. I guess you're 100 pitch limit guy, which is fine, but I think we have horses that can easily handle a bit over 100.

I have no problem with Sale going 110+ if he's up for it.

But....if you're making him sit out the AS game because he's worn out, you're giving him extra time off because he's worn out, he hasn't been 100% sharp today, and he's starting the 7th inning close to 100 pitches...at least have someone up in the pen to start the inning in case he does get in trouble. It wouldn't change the 4-0 lead, fine, but if he's as fatigued as the "give him extra rest" indicates...then act like it.

He hit a wall and Albers wasn't even up until the 3rd consecutive hit (the 2nd left the park).

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 03:16 PM)

I see a problem sending the big 2 110-120 game after game after game. There's no reason to do it every time.

I'm not a pitch limit guy. But in this hot afternoon games, you can give them a break.

And the back of the pen isn't that bad and they could use more work.

As for Rodon ->100 pitches 7 of the last 10 starts, at least 90 in 9/10 and the one time it was only 69 he gave up 7 ER. I still don't know why they are wasting a year of service time on him, when he doesn't have his command.

And I'm also biased because I never saw this team as a playoff team and want to preserve assets until it is.

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 04:23 PM)
I see a problem sending the big 2 110-120 game after game after game. There's no reason to do it every time.

I'm not a pitch limit guy. But in this hot afternoon games, you can give them a break.

And the back of the pen isn't that bad and they could use more work.

As for Rodon ->100 pitches 7 of the last 10 starts, at least 90 in 9/10 and the one time it was only 69 he gave up 7 ER. I still don't know why they are wasting a year of service time on him, when he doesn't have his command.

And I'm also biased because I never saw this team as a playoff team and want to preserve assets until it is.

Rodon's been good enough that I have to admit they were right to call him up & have him work against big league hitters. He still has work to do but having to deal with major leaguers is an important step. It also doesn't really cost a year of "service time" since they weren't going to keep him in the minors until May 2016, they kept him down long enough this year to gain an extra year before he hits FA.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 04:26 PM)
Am I wrong in assuming that we could've gotten Iglesias from Boston instead of doing a 3-way with Detroit to get Avi?

The original deal was Peavy to Boston for Iglesias and the other 3 young guys, then we flipped Iglesias for Avi. It works out as a 3 way deal but we had Iglesias if we wanted him and instead flipped him for Avi.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 01:27 PM)
The original deal was Peavy to Boston for Iglesias and the other 3 young guys, then we flipped Iglesias for Avi. It works out as a 3 way deal but we had Iglesias if we wanted him and instead flipped him for Avi.

really? Thanks for the kick to the nuts.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 03:31 PM)
We're going to be just like the f***ing '85 Bears, running out the '05 team every five years and telling fans, "see, we were awesome that one time!"

Yep