7/19 - Royals at White Sox

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't beat your division rivals at home in front of the 2005 champs, time to start planning for next season.

It was entertaining there at least for two weeks. Back to normal again.

What are we now, 16-28 against the Central?

Hopefully there are wholesale changes before next season. If we hear about how the All-Star break killed all the team's momentum, it's going to get old in a hurry coming from Hahn.

Is our franchise outlook better than Tiger Woods'? Maybe...

Edited by caulfield12

I'd say this is the defining game for convincing anyone in the front office who believed otherwise that this season is done. You can't sell hope anymore, especially your ace pitcher losing against the division rivals and the offense doing its own updated version of Corpseball.

It actually feels like the kind of day to expect a trade or two. Sunday home game, conclusion of a terrible series, why not start now with unloading what we can?

QUOTE (Flash Tizzle @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 04:06 PM)
I'd say this is the defining game for convincing anyone in the front office who believed otherwise that this season is done. You can't sell hope anymore, especially your ace pitcher losing against the division rivals and the offense doing its own updated version of Corpseball.

It actually feels like the kind of day to expect a trade or two. Sunday home game, conclusion of a terrible series, why not start now with unloading what we can?

I wish we made a move today. I don't think we will until the 29-31 range, though.

Who can they trade other than Samardzija?

Bonifacio, Beckham and a couple of relievers for spare parts.

I suppose they could dump Alexei and put Saladino there, but what fans will buy them competing for anything next year with Sanchez/Saladino up the middle, no 3b, Avi and Flowers starting?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 03:13 AM)
Sox had been playing well before the break, winning series after series. As expected, they are back to their Sox ways post AS break. I predict the inevitable 3 of 4 losses to KC. Today's game 5-1 Royals.

Congrats greg, you were off by a single run

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 03:19 PM)
I would dangle everyone except Rodon, Saladino and Sale

Lol. Saladino on the trade market has about as much value as my expired Ant-Man ticket stub.

He should be a decent utility player, although we've already needlessly spent $6+ million on that spot with a negative return on investment.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 03:20 PM)
Congrats greg, you were off by a single run

The real question is who bet their house on the Danks start?

That would have taken major cojones. Losses in Quintana and Sale starts against KC aren't exactly shockers.

And Alex Gordon's out too, so we can't really use the injury excuse, either.

Offense is still brutal.

Can't beat divisional opponents (because they don't stack up to them talent-wise)

Time to call it a night on another season and start trading whatever you can for the future.

Mark

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jul 19, 2015 -> 04:11 PM)
Who can they trade other than Samardzija?

Bonifacio, Beckham and a couple of relievers for spare parts.

I suppose they could dump Alexei and put Saladino there, but what fans will buy them competing for anything next year with Sanchez/Saladino up the middle, no 3b, Avi and Flowers starting?

Likely Samardzija or Quintana would be the only legitimate piece, but for me it represents more than just his return value -- a trade finally recognizes this season for the failure it is and allows us to move on. Give Sanchez, Saladino consistent playing time. Promote Erik Johnson and Montas. Honestly, worrying about the fans and how they'll receive the team is exactly why we've always tried this "building on the fly" nonsense. If we're terrible again, so be it. Let there be 5,000 people in the stands. Hahn will just have to learn from his mistakes, and those of his predecessor, particularly when it concerns the lack of a minor league pipeline. I feel myself and others have been saying this going back to 2003, the White Sox have to drastically improve their minor league system (from top to bottom) to have SUSTAINED success. Look at the teams continually in the playoffs, are they building on the fly from year to year? At this point, the draft is our only legitimate means of otaining star talent. May as well embrace losing (atleast this season) and hope for that Top 3 draft pick!

Edited by Flash Tizzle