7/20 Games

NorthSideSox72

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 06:09 PM)
Scoreboard

Kanny already underway, tied at 2, Lowry on the mound for the I's

CHAR EJohnson

BHAM Jaye

W-S Heidenreich

GTF Banks

AZL, DSL TBA

Should be some good pitching today.

i know i have been repeating this, but since the major team isn't, well what some would say, not doing too well. i really appreciate these little bit of info on the farm.................

many thanks. i truly appreciated it.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 11:09 AM)
Scoreboard

Kanny already underway, tied at 2, Lowry on the mound for the I's

CHAR EJohnson

BHAM Jaye

W-S Heidenreich

GTF Banks

AZL, DSL TBA

Should be some good pitching today.

So, EJ on the big club after the Shark trade, no?

I want a two-month, at least, evaluation of EJ for a spot in next year's rotation, and truly DO NOT want to rely on ST 2016 for that determination.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 01:20 PM)
So, EJ on the big club after the Shark trade, no?

I want a two-month, at least, evaluation of EJ for a spot in next year's rotation, and truly DO NOT want to rely on ST 2016 for that determination.

As the person who kept loudly saying we needed to be patient with EJ in June...absolutely.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 02:20 PM)
Seems like we'd need Carroll up if we have both EJ and Danks. I doubt either could consistently go 7ip

Frankly, with the guys coming back from injury "too many innings on the bullpen" isn't a bad thing either. Get Putnam traded to somewhere that he can be useful and give Jones and company a workout.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 02:31 PM)
Why wouldn't putting too much innings on pitchers coming back from major injuries be a bad thing?

2 months in the bullpen shouldn't be that heavy of a workload anyway and if a guy's going to get hurt during August and September pitching "innings for a team out of the playoff race" then I wouldn't have confidence in that guy being healthy or usable next year either. Look at Crain right now - he keeps having setbacks. May as well give him another shot in the org next year if he wants it, but would you count on him as a key piece in your big league pen as assembled in the offseason? Of course not. If you want to know if Jones can handle the load next year he's got to pitch.

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 03:09 PM)
Matt Cooper, closer for Kanny, needs to be in AA or something. He is dominating low A

He does need to move up. He's unorthodox and his stuff isn't great, but he needs to be challenged and he does bring something interesting to the table. You can read about him here and watch a video.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 05:26 PM)
Johnson/Coats/Davidson all homer in the 1st

Micah has found a bit of a power stroke. He does have more of a Ray Durham than a Juan Pierre type of upper body, so it will be nice if he's a little less slappy as a finished product in the bigs.

I've said it before, but Micah needs to be called up as soon as Shark is traded. It would give him a good two months in the majors to prove whether or not his defense has progressed to the "passable" level. If so, I think you can safely count on him as your 2B heading into 2016, as the bat will translate well to the majors IMO.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 12:49 AM)
I've said it before, but Micah needs to be called up as soon as Shark is traded. It would give him a good two months in the majors to prove whether or not his defense has progressed to the "passable" level. If so, I think you can safely count on him as your 2B heading into 2016, as the bat will translate well to the majors IMO.

Agreed, time to get him some much needed MLB at bats

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 04:49 PM)
Agreed, time to get him some much needed MLB at bats

Completely agree. I really wouldn't be surprised to see Ramirez moved soon to create room for the at bats of all of our young middle infield prospects (excluding Anderson...well until his Sept callup).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 20, 2015 -> 07:03 PM)
Completely agree. I really wouldn't be surprised to see Ramirez moved soon to create room for the at bats of all of our young middle infield prospects (excluding Anderson...well until his Sept callup).

Abreu-Micah-Sanchez-Saladino infield would be interesting to watch

QUOTE (GreenSox @ Jul 21, 2015 -> 01:15 AM)
I see former Knight starter Terance Marin is now in the pen (joining Junior Guerra).

Was there a call up necessitating room? Or maybe they think he's a bullpen guy ultimately?

Right now they have a rotation of Johnson/Penny/Carroll/Noesi/Haviland

Seems like Marin will spot start and maybe Guerra. Might see Guerra stay in the pen would be my guess.