7.24 Games

bighurt4life

QUOTE (SoxPride18 @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 07:45 PM)
Rondon at 2B

Alvarez at SS

Peter at LF

If Peter can be good there, that could fast track him to the majors being able to play the OF.

I guess this also gives Rondon a chance to work with the bat. If he can get his bat to play they could move him back to SS.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 12:52 AM)
I guess this also gives Rondon a chance to work with the bat. If he can get his bat to play they could move him back to SS.

or they are now key on eddie as being a the next ss of the org.

QUOTE (Hatchetman @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 03:05 AM)
does he have any defensive skills?

i hate to say anything that appears to give you an idea of i am seeing him or have any inside info.

sorry.

but my take is if rondon was moved, then they are working out eddy at ss over rondon. which seems to be the case.

QUOTE (LDF @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 09:30 PM)
i hate to say anything that appears to give you an idea of i am seeing him or have any inside info.

sorry.

but my take is if rondon was moved, then they are working out eddy at ss over rondon. which seems to be the case.

It's all about the bat for Rondon, imo. They know what he can do with the glove. Eddy has a bat that could maybe someday play in the bigs, especially if he can man short while doing it. I like their strategy.

Eddy will still be old for level at 26 in B'Ham in 2016, but we'll have a good idea by this time next year if he has a future in the bigs.

Edited by Stan Bahnsen

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 04:37 AM)
It's all about the bat for Rondon, imo. They know what he can do with the glove. Eddy has a bat that could maybe someday play in the bigs, especially if he can man short while doing it. I like their strategy.

Eddy will still be old for level at 26 in B'Ham in 2016, but we'll have a good idea by this time next year if he has a future in the bigs.

that sound great to me.....

many thanks.

QUOTE (Stan Bahnsen @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 10:37 PM)

And even then, Eddy's "young" in baseball years since he took so much time off becoming a silver medal olympian.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jul 24, 2015 -> 09:31 PM)
Big time stats. I hope he gets a month at the next level.

I've been burned one too many times in my youth about dominant White Sox minor league relievers to believe Cooper will ever amount to anything (Edwin Almonte, David Sanders, Arnie Munoz, etc.).

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ Jul 25, 2015 -> 03:48 PM)
Don't forget good ole Lorenzo Barcelo.

a blast from the past.... the only pitcher that someone made a point of saying, he had the hugest fingers that his hands was too big to throw some of the pitches.

oops double post on the hands.

and he threw too hard. the sox were trying to have him not to throw so hard. couldn't do it.

Edited by LDF

That was Nardi (FlavorFlav) era, Barcelo looked great, too many arm injuries. Huge hands.

Yeah, I'm just referring to big time flameout relievers from my youth. LoBar was the biggest I can remember. I was sure he was going to be our lockdown closer for a decade.