The pattern

harkness99

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 12:20 PM)
I strongly suggest reading Steve Rosenbloom's column on the Sox today in the Tribune. It is 100% right on the money.

When the executive VP says publicly he can't figure out what's wrong with the team while the G.M. is saying publicly that everyone is open minded in what needs to be changed you've got a serious disconnect...to say nothing of the disconnect between the organization and the fan base.

Really good reading.

The reality of course is that as long as JR owns the franchise there will not be much substantial change certainly not bringing in skilled people from outside "the family."

Which means more losing, more irrelevancy in their own market and more fan apathy.

Also one of the other Sox writers for Chicago Now has an interesting column on why Kenny Williams needs to go at the Tribune web site.

Mark

I hate reading Rosenbloom now that I'm more than 14 years old and the Trib lately has a popup video ad that I can't close, but "can't figure out what is wrong with the team" from the Exec VP fits a lot more with the team's behavior (failing to either add or subtract over the last 2 months including 3 guys who are free agents at the end of the year) than the "we've considered all options" version.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 11:20 AM)
I strongly suggest reading Steve Rosenbloom's column on the Sox today in the Tribune. It is 100% right on the money.

When the executive VP says publicly he can't figure out what's wrong with the team while the G.M. is saying publicly that everyone is open minded in what needs to be changed you've got a serious disconnect...to say nothing of the disconnect between the organization and the fan base.

Really good reading.

The reality of course is that as long as JR owns the franchise there will not be much substantial change certainly not bringing in skilled people from outside "the family."

Which means more losing, more irrelevancy in their own market and more fan apathy.

Also one of the other Sox writers for Chicago Now has an interesting column on why Kenny Williams needs to go at the Tribune web site.

Mark

I said the same thing yesterday.

QUOTE (bjm676 @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 10:01 AM)
The pattern is more about a soft-tossing lefty being dominant against the Sox. All I heard on the broadcast last night is how they've always had trouble. This has been going on since the Jerry Manuel era. You would think by now, they would have figured it out.

As bad as they are at the fundamentals of the game (and have been since 2003 with the single exception of 2005) I'm not surprised they haven't figured out how to beat soft tossing, junk balling, no name pitchers.

Milone by the way is from the Chicago area and grew up a Sox fan.

Mark

QUOTE (harkness @ Sep 2, 2015 -> 11:44 PM)
Any message board... of any team... in any sport that has 4 bad seasons in a row like this...

You will find complaining/despair.

We can't really change it but we can celebrate success... and lament disappointment

Welcome to the interwebs

Go to any fan forum of a winning team and fans b**** because they are not good enough. You should have seen a Pats board early in the NFL season after a loss.

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 10:20 AM)

Really good reading.

Mark

I disagree with trading Sale. I don't think this organization can identify or develop can't miss prospects except for pitchers. I would crown the Royals or Cubs as model organizations. A whole lotta suck for two decades and a World Series loss isn't great. The Cubs got some great trades - OK. People act as if they are in the post season.

I find the Cardinals organization fascinating. They let a Pujols go, have injuries and they still know how to win.

A couple years ago, Rosenbloom commented on Garcia, wait til he stops being a Tiger and becomes a White Sox. On Smarj, "Want ace money. Act like one."

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Sep 3, 2015 -> 10:20 AM)

Really good reading.

Mark

Anyone got a link for this?

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Sep 4, 2015 -> 08:31 AM)
Same here. The trib is almost impossible to read if not a subscriber, which I am not. Oh well, doesn't sound like we're missing out on much.

Without going into to much detail there are ways to read paywall stories from the Tribune via internet searches.

Mark