Cubs-Cards NLDS

LittleHurt05

• Replies 890
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 02:20 PM)
on the bright side, at least the Mets have pitchers with actual "stuff".

Dodgers do too. Whomever faces the Cubs is a better team then the Cards today. That said, I think it will be Mets - Cubs. This young teams that are in earlier then expected are not afraid of the moment (they don't even know what the moment is). I think the Dodgers are in trouble but they also have two aces on the mound. If they win today, Greinke will win the series for him (that guy is clutch).

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 10:23 PM)
Eh STL is a shell of itself. LA or NY are much better teams.

Couldn't agree more. Said in other thread I think us Cubs haters should root for Mets tonight, as two straight Dodgers wins means an unfavorable matchup in game 1 of NLCS of Arrieta vs Anderson/Wood/Bolsinger

QUOTE (Mike F. @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 10:31 PM)
The White Sox would play the Cubs tougher than St. Louis is right now.

Definitely match up better pitching wise. When the Sox played the Cardinals this year, I didn't think they were much better than the Sox.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (fathom @ Oct 13, 2015 -> 04:31 PM)
Definitely match up better pitching wise. When the Sox played the Cardinals this year, I didn't think they were much better than the Sox.

Agreed. Just for comparisons sake, let's look at the starting pitchers.

Sale = Arrieta (I think Sale is better overall, but Arrieta had a better season this year)

Quintana > Lester

Rodon > Hammel

Danks = Hendricks

Johnson = Haren

Of course their offense is much better but I think the Sox rotation is better.

I said from the beginning of the playoffs that the Cardinals would lose to either the Cubs or Pirates in the DS. They're just too banged up and pretty much all of their pitchers overachieved their peripherals. I just hoped the Cubs would crap themselves under the pressure their fans create. Looks like that didn't exactly happen.