Sox looking at C Dioner Navarro?

GGajewski18

@scotgregor: Would be surprised if Dioner Navarro was #WhiteSox new catcher target. They had no interest in him after 2013, when he was free agent

@philgrogers: Something has to change w/#White Sox lineup but Flowers has value working w/pitchers. Dioner Navarro's a good guess at who's next.

Edited by SouthSideSale

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ Dec 2, 2015 -> 05:19 PM)
@scotgregor: Would be surprised if Dioner Navarro was #WhiteSox new catcher target. They had no interest in him after 2013, when he was free agent

@philgrogers: Something has to change w/#White Sox lineup but Flowers has value working w/pitchers. Dioner Navarro's a good guess at who's next.

After 2013 was when I thought for sure he'd be on the Sox. I was pushing for it.

Let's pretend the Navarro rumors are true and he goes in to a platoon with Avila.

Navarro owns a career 110 wRC+ versus lefties, while Avila has a 116 wRC+ versus righties. Last year Navarro had batting .278 with a 145 wRC+ versus lefties and actually walked 5% more than he struck out. And for his career versus lefties, he has walked 8.5% of the time and only struck out 10.2%.

I get that Navarro is a switch hitter, but he appears much better against lefties, and with Avila doing much better against righties, maybe start them according to L/R match-ups.

This could lead to a solid split platoon if that is indeed the plan.

QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Dec 3, 2015 -> 12:18 PM)
Let's pretend the Navarro rumors are true and he goes in to a platoon with Avila.

Navarro owns a career 110 wRC+ versus lefties, while Avila has a 116 wRC+ versus righties. Last year Navarro had batting .278 with a 145 wRC+ versus lefties and actually walked 5% more than he struck out. And for his career versus lefties, he has walked 8.5% of the time and only struck out 10.2%.

I get that Navarro is a switch hitter, but he appears much better against lefties, and with Avila doing much better against righties, maybe start them according to L/R match-ups.

great way of thinking out side the box so to speak

Sox desperately need more of that.