2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 08:55 PM)
Hillary has been proven guilty. She just hasnt been prosecuted yet.

Hillary went on trial and was found guilty, when did that happen?

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 08:57 PM)
Also, as I said in the first post about it, this wasnt a hack. This came from a FOIA request from Judicial Watch. Wikileaks just tweeted it out

Not saying its a hack. Im saying that you are trusting Wikileaks with the information they are presenting. You have no idea if Wikileaks provided all of the information, neither do I.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 09:04 PM)
Hillary went on trial and was found guilty, when did that happen?

Not saying its a hack. Im saying that you are trusting Wikileaks with the information they are presenting. You have no idea if Wikileaks provided all of the information, neither do I.

I posted at least two blatant examples of her committing crimes in the republican thread with sources. But Justin Cooper testified to the House Oversight Committee that he, Huma and Chelsea all had unlimited access to Hillary's private server. I posted the actual video of him saying he had access and he didnt have clearance. "Hey its Huma" also corroborates that story. She also tampered with evidence that was under subpoena and a preservation order. She deleted 33000 emails. The guy who did it just got busted by Reddit of all places because he was asking people how to do what he needed to do to those emails. I believe he even posted the ip address. There are several facts that prove she has committed crimes. There is no way she wouldnt get impeached if she became president.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 09:06 PM)
Db why do you think it was inappropriate for huma to have access to Clinton's non secured email account?

Why do you think she has a questionable background?

I dont even need to waste time arguing about her. Justin Cooper testified on tv saying he had full access to the server and absolutely didnt have any clearance.

Yeah,you need to explain why you think that's a problem. You seem to have the mistaken understanding that classified info was regularly stored on the email server or that that was ever the intent. Once again,the whole email issue is over a few dozen emails that allegedly contain classified info having been sent on that server at all. The whole point is that that server was never intended for that, so access by people without clearance wouldn't matter at all.

You questioned humas background and I want you to explain why.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 09:12 PM)
I posted at least two blatant examples of her committing crimes in the republican thread with sources. But Justin Cooper testified to the House Oversight Committee that he, Huma and Chelsea all had unlimited access to Hillary's private server. I posted the actual video of him saying he had access and he didnt have clearance. "Hey its Huma" also corroborates that story. She also tampered with evidence that was under subpoena and a preservation order. She deleted 33000 emails. The guy who did it just got busted by Reddit of all places because he was asking people how to do what he needed to do to those emails. I believe he even posted the ip address. There are several facts that prove she has committed crimes. There is no way she wouldnt get impeached if she became president.

I think you are confusing how our legal system works. You are not "proven guilty" until there is a trial and you are found guilty. It doesnt matter what "evidence" there is before the trial, again you keep saying proof, but its "evidence." Trials are tricky. Again you keep saying "impeached", even if she was "impeached" she would then have to go to trial in the Senate, where 67% of the Senate would have to vote her guilty.

The last time it went to the Senate, the vote was almost completely by party lines (a few Republican's voted innocent I believe), but it wasnt even close to the necessary 67%.

I am not saying that Hillary did or didnt do it, I am saying that its almost impossible to believe that Hillary would be successfully prosecuted in the Senate given how the process works.

This is just the reality of the system. Whether or not you want to believe that its up to you. But I honestly think its more likely that Trump gets convicted of fraud in his "college" than Hillary gets convicted of this.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 09:09 PM)
It's just funny. You'll give HRC a break "they fired that person." Blame the dumb IT guy for her felonious record keeping. DWS was the problem the DNC, it couldn't be HRC or her camp. It's a verifiable trend for you. Basically everyone around HRC is inept but she's great...uh ok.

Nah. If you're going to continue sniping at me, at least try to not be talking out of your ass.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 09:18 PM)
I think you are confusing how our legal system works. You are not "proven guilty" until there is a trial and you are found guilty. It doesnt matter what "evidence" there is before the trial, again you keep saying proof, but its "evidence." Trials are tricky. Again you keep saying "impeached", even if she was "impeached" she would then have to go to trial in the Senate, where 67% of the Senate would have to vote her guilty.

The last time it went to the Senate, the vote was almost completely by party lines (a few Republican's voted innocent I believe), but it wasnt even close to the necessary 67%.

I am not saying that Hillary did or didnt do it, I am saying that its almost impossible to believe that Hillary would be successfully prosecuted in the Senate given how the process works.

This is just the reality of the system. Whether or not you want to believe that its up to you. But I honestly think its more likely that Trump gets convicted of fraud in his "college" than Hillary gets convicted of this.

Were not in a court room counselor. Facts are more than enough for me, and most reasonable people, when forming an opinion. Im not saying they should go lock her up now. Im just saying its going to happen.

Also, heres the video again of Cooper testifying

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 09:09 PM)
It's just funny. You'll give HRC a break "they fired that person." Blame the dumb IT guy for her felonious record keeping. DWS was the problem the DNC, it couldn't be HRC or her camp. It's a verifiable trend for you. Basically everyone around HRC is inept but she's great...uh ok.

In a tallest midget contest they are still midgets.

Not sure many people are singing Hillary's praises, I just think many rational people believe that at worst Hillary will be a mediocre President where nothing gets done for 4 years. Its Trump or Hillary, I know I cant vote for Trump, so Turd sandwich it is.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 09:22 PM)
In a tallest midget contest they are still midgets.

Not sure many people are singing Hillary's praises, I just think many rational people believe that at worst Hillary will be a mediocre President where nothing gets done for 4 years. Its Trump or Hillary, I know I cant vote for Trump, so Turd sandwich it is.

But are you ready for a Tim Kaine Presidency?

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 09:20 PM)
Were not in a court room counselor. Facts are more than enough for me, and most reasonable people, when forming an opinion. Im not saying they should go lock her up now. Im just saying its going to happen.

Also, heres the video again of Cooper testifying

This isnt a court room, and it doesnt matter what is enough for you. What matters is when you say "its going to happen" when you completely disregard how the system has worked. Fact: 0 presidents have ever been successfully convicted by the Senate. In US history there have been 19 impeachments, only 6 have been convicted (well according to Wikipedia I cant seem to get any search to hit on the actual people).

For you to be so certain that she will be convicted runs contrary to American history. Remember she would have to get elected. If she is elected that means that not many Democrats are going to go after her and risk losing their Senate position. Thus the chance that I believe 20+ Democratic Senators will turn on Hillary is closer to 0 than 100.

But if Hillary gets elected, we can bet on it. Nothing major, but Ill take that Hillary is not convicted by the Senate.

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 09:30 PM)
This isnt a court room, and it doesnt matter what is enough for you. What matters is when you say "its going to happen" when you completely disregard how the system has worked. Fact: 0 presidents have ever been successfully convicted by the Senate. In US history there have been 19 impeachments, only 6 have been convicted (well according to Wikipedia I cant seem to get any search to hit on the actual people).

For you to be so certain that she will be convicted runs contrary to American history. Remember she would have to get elected. If she is elected that means that not many Democrats are going to go after her and risk losing their Senate position. Thus the chance that I believe 20+ Democratic Senators will turn on Hillary is closer to 0 than 100.

But if Hillary gets elected, we can bet on it. Nothing major, but Ill take that Hillary is not convicted by the Senate.

As Ive said, unless Trump does something really stupid or gets destroyed in the debate I think he is going to win. Every day Hillary has new bulls*** coming out, its incredible.

And I doubt she will end up going to jail for this but there are people sitting in jail for doing what she did but on a much smaller scale. I understand that you think it should be ok for her to commit these crimes because it is needed to prevent Donald Trump from getting to the White House. But she shouldnt be above the law because she is a Clinton. We shouldnt be held to higher standards than someone running for President. Despite their grand standing its important to have politicians like Trey Gowdey and Jason Chaffetz. Id enjoy watching them destroy any politician from any party. Hillary had the god damn FBI and DOJ covering for her and almost got away with it.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 09:56 PM)
Im sure Huma is a lovely young lady. I thought she was great in the Weiner doc. Great film btw.

Not trying to be inflammatory, just confused by that comment.

And yeah, that doc was a fun ride. Dude could have easily climbed the political ladder if he had just kept his camera away from his dick.

Best part of the film is the filmmaker going "...why are you letting me film this?"

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 09:40 PM)
I don't know what "sniping" is or how I am talking out of my ass. Are you saying what I said was untrue? I know you prefer ad hominem than addressing the facts but that's just a silly response.

Yes, what you said is untrue. I've been critical of Clinton within the last week. Agreeing with you that the it help she hired and is therfore responsible for is also being critical of her. She hired an incompetent idiot, and that isn't a positive for her.

The sniping is you feeling the need to criticize me pretty regularly lately.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 09:27 PM)
Youre really downplaying the severity of this and I imagine you know that.

No, I'm not. She's faced years of bs house committees for years, and I've already explained why you are mistaken on the issue you raised tonight. You haven't explained why you think this server contained tons of classified information.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 09:56 PM)
Im sure Huma is a lovely young lady. I thought she was great in the Weiner doc. Great film btw.

So are you retracting your claim that she has a questionable background?

Like I says earlier, it's an indication that you're tumbling down a conspiracy rabbit hole. Consider your sources.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 10:18 PM)
What did I say that was untrue?

That I think Clinton is great and think she isn't responsible for anything bad surrounding her. Despite believing that she'll be an effective president and that she has decent policies, I've questioned why anyone would be enthusiastic about her, am really against

her hawkishness, criticized why she set up her server in the first place. I've repeatedly made lesser evil arguments for her, which doesn't imply a warm embrace.

I'm to the left of the democratic party, but I recognize that they are the only viable option for getting close to my policy goals in this country. I can't think of a single issue I'd side with the Republican position on today. Don't mistake backing of Democrats as a way to get policies I want as a completely uncritical endorsement of whoever the current party standard bearer is.

QUOTE (raBBit @ Sep 19, 2016 -> 10:23 PM)
"From the group of 30,000 e-mails returned to the State Department, 110 e-mails in 52 e-mail chains have been determined by the owning agency to contain classified information at the time they were sent or received. Eight of those chains contained information that was Top Secret at the time they were sent."

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-rel...l-e-mail-system

Right, that's the point I'm trying to make. Tens of thousands of emails, handful classified that shouldn't have been there. That's exactly why there's nothing criminal about non clearance people having access. It was never intended to be a scif or anything. That there was classified material is a separate issue from what db has been bringing up tonight.

In other words, if the system was meant to hold classified information, those emails would never have been an issue but access by noon cleared people would be. But in reality it was just the opposite.