2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Sep 16, 2016 -> 03:26 PM)
Mark Cuban earlier today on Twitter said he'd give Trump 10 million to charity if he agreed to let Cuban interview him for 4 hours specifically on his policies and their substance, just them, no handlers (then threw shade, and said he'd make the check out to Trump personally, if Trump needed the cash). Trump won't, and can't, accept this challenge, because he has no actual policies to speak of.

He didn't offer a similar challenge to Clinton because 1) it's not actually necessary, she already has comprehensive policies, 2) Clinton would take that deal in a heartbeat before Cuban even finished his tweets.

I hope Cuban runs sometime.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There's zero hope for bipatisanship with Clinton...with Trump, the odds might be higher but not easy to envision him turning into a centrist/moderate Democrat again, as nobody would trust him and he seems incapable of maintaining a consistent position on anything for too long. The Left won't forgive two years of incendiary and intolerant remarks, the Right would treat him ten times worse than GHW Bush when he went back on his no new taxes pledge.

http://www.thinkadvisor.com/2016/09/16/har...turn=1474125869

Blame the White Sox....first MLB managers needed no experience in managing, now it's migrated up the ladder to the most powerful office in the world not needing any experience in governing in less than five years!

Rabbit what is with the random side swipes at me? I don't think I've every said anything about O'Malley ever.

Besides, people didn't waive away db's post but pointed out that it was just factually incorrect. Lostfan even posted specific policy items from her most recent speech.

Edited by StrangeSox

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Sep 16, 2016 -> 02:19 PM)
idk where this thing comes from that Hillary doesn't talk policy, she does, it's damn near all she does (when she is not directly attacking Trump, which is something that gets more air time), it's actually her entire persona as a politician.

Hillary literally just talked about policy at the BWA symposium this morning. CNN even covered it this time! But what are media people and consumers of media (who somehow think they are exempt from this equation) talking about? Trump's birtherism, because of course.

If you ask 100 Democrats, less than ten percent could articulate her campaign theme (everyone knows Trump's) and even fewer could articulate her top five ideas for improving the economy. Or maybe the other way around.

This is not the time for Dick Morris triangulation. There's just no compelling vision of what she wants to do, and that's typical in elections when the incumbent party is trying to hold the White House three consecutive terms. We saw it in the 1988 and 2000 elections.

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 09:26 AM)
Clinton will not be any more effective than Obama with the ragingly incompetent congress that's running amok.

Obama has been extremely effective. I'm not sure what more you could've asked for given the monumental obstructionism. The country is unequivocally better off now than it was 8 years ago. But unfortunately people have very short memories where politics are concerned.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 11:47 AM)
If you ask 100 Democrats, less than ten percent could articulate her campaign theme (everyone knows Trump's) and even fewer could articulate her top five ideas for improving the economy. Or maybe the other way around.

This is not the time for Dick Morris triangulation. There's just no compelling vision of what she wants to do, and that's typical in elections when the incumbent party is trying to hold the White House three consecutive terms. We saw it in the 1988 and 2000 elections.

it's incredibly EASY to articulate being the change candidate. It doesn't take policies, skill, or knowledge. It just takes fear-mongering, which Trump and the GOP excel at.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 10:05 PM)
Obama has been extremely effective. I'm not sure what more you could've asked for given the monumental obstructionism. The country is unequivocally better off now than it was 8 years ago. But unfortunately people have very short memories where politics are concerned.

The fact that Obama got as much done as he did is nothing short of amazing.

QUOTE (Reddy @ Sep 18, 2016 -> 03:05 AM)

OM gosh. The world of participation trophies. The world is WAY WORSE now than when Barack Obama took over. The economy in the USA is horrible for the middle classes. health care is AWFUL. Costs are astronomical. There is no leadership. If I were president I'd kick some ass to the pharm companies and tell them to get real. 800 dollars for a prescription unless you have insurance???

You guys are easy graders. Barack's America is a DISASTER! Chaos in cities. Violence. Horrific relations between cops and the people. Gridlock in trying to get any cooperation from Congress. Obama gets a D or D-plus!

That said I do like the man personally. Great sense of humor and a Sox fan! But as a president ... please! He's not a leader.

p.s. I VOTED for the man.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 11:19 PM)
OM gosh. The world of participation trophies. The world is WAY WORSE now than when Barack Obama took over. The economy in the USA is horrible for the middle classes. health care is AWFUL. Costs are astronomical. There is no leadership. If I were president I'd kick some ass to the pharm companies and tell them to get real. 800 dollars for a prescription unless you have insurance???

You guys are easy graders. Barack's America is a DISASTER! Chaos in cities. Violence. Horrific relations between cops and the people. Gridlock in trying to get any cooperation from Congress. Obama gets a D or D-plus!

That said I do like the man personally. Great sense of humor and a Sox fan! But as a president ... please! He's not a leader.

lol

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 10:19 PM)

Would a Republican try to control pharmaceutical prices? Even for the Epipen (worth noting a Democratic senator's daughteris the one responsible for unchecked avarice there, Manchin.)

Let's not forget you'd have lost all the Detroit automakers' jobs (let them fail, Romney famously said) and Bush is the one who created the unfunded mandate in Medicare Part B which blew up the budget by another $1-2 trillion.

Another $3-5 trillion was defense spending on multiple wars in the Middle East which clearly have't made the world any safer from terrorism, as you pointed out.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 18, 2016 -> 12:59 PM)
Would a Republican try to control pharmaceutical prices? Even for the Epipen (worth noting a Democratic senator's daughteris the one responsible for unchecked avarice there, Manchin.)

Let's not forget you'd have lost all the Detroit automakers' jobs (let them fail, Romney famously said) and Bush is the one who created the unfunded mandate in Medicare Part B which blew up the budget by another $1-2 trillion.

Another $3-5 trillion was defense spending on multiple wars in the Middle East which clearly have't made the world any safer from terrorism, as you pointed out.

Well I did vote for Obama, so I didn't want Romney to do anything in the oval office. Obama cemented Hillary's victory today by imploring black voters to vote for her. He said it would be a personal insult if they don't. Look for her numbers to rise dramatically starting now. This is about when the media will start pushing hard for Hillary too. Maybe let one week of October pass then the blitz begins. Hillary will win in a landslide. It's like Donald says. It's fixed. Hillary is going to have a very fun next six weeks as she gets the boost the Democratic candidate usually receives come election time.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-black-vote...-152203956.html

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 17, 2016 -> 11:19 PM)

SMH

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 18, 2016 -> 01:43 PM)
Well I did vote for Obama, so I didn't want Romney to do anything in the oval office. Obama cemented Hillary's victory today by imploring black voters to vote for her. He said it would be a personal insult if they don't. Look for her numbers to rise dramatically starting now. This is about when the media will start pushing hard for Hillary too. Maybe let one week of October pass then the blitz begins. Hillary will win in a landslide. It's like Donald says. It's fixed. Hillary is going to have a very fun next six weeks as she gets the boost the Democratic candidate usually receives come election time.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/obama-black-vote...-152203956.html

1378960_1280x720.jpg

Well there is plenty of proof to back up the things Ive been saying for months. We have the worst and most corrupt candidates of all time trying to run on the policies of one of the worst president in recent history. When I first posted the DNC leaks everyone thought it was a real joke and claimed "politics as usual." Now we see that one of the dozens of people Obama sold jobs too is not only purposely distorting facts to influence the Presidential election. Hes also so ill equipped for the job that the DHS accidentally granted citizenship to over 800 immigrants with forged paper work.

Meanwhile our President is helping pay for Mexico to build a southern border wall FOR MEXICO all while calling Trump racist for wanting one on our border.

We have the main stream media manipulating content to help Hillary in the election, including a total media black out about the DNC leaks.

Yesterday our military ACCIDENTALLY bombed the Syrian Army who is fighting AGAINST Isis, which also is causing huge issues with Russia.

We have our own state department telling us that the some of the 33 billion dollars we are giving to Iran will be used to fund terrorism and is also making Iran more hostile towards us.

If anyone wants pretty irrefutable proof that even if Hillary won she would be impeached very quickly watch the 12 minute video of Jason Chaffetz grilling the FBI that I posted. There is proof of multiple crimes that absolutely cannot be denied and the House Oversight Committee has no intentions of letting it go.

We still have whatever wikileaks is gonna release as well.

Things are really, really bad for Hillary right now.

A copy of a post in the republican thread with sources.