2016 Democratic Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 07:13 AM)
Hmm I'll admit I don't pay much attention to politicians actions after speeches but it this a standard wave or something?

If you have a D next to your name, it's a standard wave. If you have a R next to your name, it's a Nazi salute.

• Replies 6.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 08:32 AM)
First, no, she didn't. Please show us your hard hitting analysis of that.

Second, the difference is Obama stated when asked that Patrick told him to use those words.

Whereas the Trump campaign said "No no it's not plagiarism! Only 7%! No this is Hillary Clinton cutting down powerful women! Ok yeah we wrote down the passage

It's their response that's the story. That and m. Trump needing to steal the values expressed by Michelle Obama when Obama is ridiculously reviled by that crowd.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/20...arack-michelle/

Overall, I agree the way Trump handled the issue was bad. In that same article Obama swears he didn't plagiarize but was poor footnoting.. Please. That's as bad as the Trumps deal. To my main point of it being stupid. There are much bigger things to concern over than some stupid speeches that no one will remember in a few weeks.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 02:01 PM)
If you have a D next to your name, it's a standard wave. If you have a R next to your name, it's a Nazi salute.

That wasn't a standard wave. It looked like a brainfart where she forgot whether she wanted to be waving or pointing. Or she was trolling.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 08:47 AM)
That Trump speech was 90% fear mongering bulls***, but the parts he talked about NAFTA being an awful deal and factories closing in America is true.

Now I don't believe for one second that he actually cares about that stuff, but he is going to attack Clinton on that stuff. It will probably work pretty well.

I think the central part of his voter bloc are people that have been affected by all the factory closings. And the manufacturing economy does suck now.

The problem is he has no idea how to fix that stuff and he has yet to even offer a real proposed solution. And the hate-filled fear mongering bulls*** is a problem too.

Was Laura Ingraham giving an actual Nazi salute at the RNC in a prime-time speech? No, almost certainly not. But I'll be goddamned if I'm not gonna give that bizarrely crisp snap of her arm the side eye and then make fun of it.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 09:05 AM)
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/20...arack-michelle/

Overall, I agree the way Trump handled the issue was bad. In that same article Obama swears he didn't plagiarize but was poor footnoting.. Please. That's as bad as the Trumps deal. To my main point of it being stupid. There are much bigger things to concern over than some stupid speeches that no one will remember in a few weeks.

This? This? Really?

Michelle Obama: “…the world as it should be.” In 2008, the aspiring First Lady was accused by bloggers of lifting lines for her DNC speech from Saul Alinsky. Alinsky wrote, in Rules for Radicals (emphasis added): “The standards of judgment must be rooted in the whys and wherefores of life as it is lived, the world as it is, not our wished-for fantasy of the world as it should be.” Michelle Obama said: “And Barack stood up that day, and he spoke words that have stayed with me ever since. He talked about ‘the world as it is‘ and ‘the world as it should be.'” (Perhaps Mr. Obama who left out the attribution.)

That's not even a sentence, it's turn of phrase. This is just breitbart adding in the right wing bogeyman Saul Alinsky into every concept. That's not even close to plagiarism.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 10:10 AM)
This? This? Really?

Michelle Obama: “…the world as it should be.” In 2008, the aspiring First Lady was accused by bloggers of lifting lines for her DNC speech from Saul Alinsky. Alinsky wrote, in Rules for Radicals (emphasis added): “The standards of judgment must be rooted in the whys and wherefores of life as it is lived, the world as it is, not our wished-for fantasy of the world as it should be.” Michelle Obama said: “And Barack stood up that day, and he spoke words that have stayed with me ever since. He talked about ‘the world as it is‘ and ‘the world as it should be.'” (Perhaps Mr. Obama who left out the attribution.)

That's not even a sentence, it's turn of phrase. This is just breitbart adding in the right wing bogeyman Saul Alinsky into every concept. That's not even close to plagiarism.

Yeah, I saw this before by people who were interrupting my fun making Melania Trump jokes on Facebook. "the world that is" vs. "the world that should be" is not a "Saul Alinsky" concept. There is not, like, a commie boot camp where leftists go to learn that.

QUOTE (Ezio Auditore @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 09:09 AM)
Was Laura Ingraham giving an actual Nazi salute at the RNC in a prime-time speech? No, almost certainly not. But I'll be goddamned if I'm not gonna give that bizarrely crisp snap of her arm the side eye and then make fun of it.

Yup

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 09:08 AM)
I think the central part of his voter bloc are people that have been affected by all the factory closings. And the manufacturing economy does suck now.

The problem is he has no idea how to fix that stuff and he has yet to even offer a real proposed solution. And the hate-filled fear mongering bulls*** is a problem too.

This. That speech last night was to get everyone angry at Hillary and then promise the moon. Zero specifics were provided.

However, next week, we'll be able to say the same thing about Hillary. She'll attack Trump. She'll focus on the fear that he becomes President. Then she'll also promise the world (jobs! healthcare! security! education! think of the children/future!) with little to no specifics.

Not sure what people were expecting. Conventions speeches, and really all campaign speeches, rarely have specifics. It's all about promises that will never be fulfilled.

The best part of the speech was his ad lib thanking the audience for clapping when he said he'd do everything to protect the LGBTQ community from extremist ideologies. It was like they were confused since he said protect them against terrorists. "Yeah, protection from terrorists! Wait, did he says for gays too?"

Edited by JenksIsMyHero

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 09:28 AM)
This. That speech last night was to get everyone angry at Hillary and then promise the moon. Zero specifics were provided.

However, next week, we'll be able to say the same thing about Hillary. She'll attack Trump. She'll focus on the fear that he becomes President. Then she'll also promise the world (jobs! healthcare! security! education! think of the children/future!) with little to no specifics.

Not sure what people were expecting. Conventions speeches, and really all campaign speeches, rarely have specifics. It's all about promises that will never be fulfilled.

The best part of the speech was his adlib thanking the audience for clapping when he said he'd do everything to protect the LGBTQ community from extremist ideologies.

The way he was saying LGBTQ seemed so uncomfortable and forced.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 09:30 AM)
The way he was saying LGBTQ seemed so uncomfortable and forced.

Agreed, though it sounded like he was just trying to get the letters out without mumbling. The 2 or 3 times he said it were the same. L-G-B-TEEE-Q

Also, one thing I will give him credit for, the dude spoke (yelled) for 1.5 hours and never took a drink! That was amazing. I'd be dying after 15 minutes.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 09:08 AM)
That wasn't a standard wave. It looked like a brainfart where she forgot whether she wanted to be waving or pointing. Or she was trolling.

Ha that was the best part. *Sees teleprompter "Wave to crowd"* *Thinks* *How do I do this* *Ah yes, got it now, wave stiff arm and rotate torso instead of wrist. Natural as can be*

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 09:29 AM)
Jesus Christ you guys are sad.

Hey man it's not the first time he's been super creepy and sexual about her.

donald_ivanka_trump_throwback_photo_lead

te:

Trump was asked how he would feel if Ivanka posed for Playboy. “It would be really disappointing — not really — but it would depend on what’s inside the magazine. I don’t think Ivanka would do that, although she does have a very nice figure. I’ve said if Ivanka weren’t my daughter, perhaps I’d be dating her.”

quote:

“You know who’s one of the great beauties of the world, according to everybody? And I helped create her. Ivanka. My daughter, Ivanka. She’s 6 feet tall, she’s got the best body. She made a lot money as a model—a tremendous amount.”

quote:

“Yeah, she’s really something, and what a beauty, that one. If I weren’t happily married and, ya know, her father . . . ”

Those quotes are all several years apart, and that's a f***ed up way to talk about your own daughter.

Still is more in line with lostfans "raise an eyebrow and make fun of it" than anything

QUOTE (JUSTgottaBELIEVE @ Jul 21, 2016 -> 09:02 PM)
Yea not so much. Yet another IL govenor unable to relate to the vast majority of people within this state and completely incapable of governing effectively. He's in way over his head right now and will continue to be embarrassed over the next two years, as if the first two weren't enough already. I'm embarrassed I voted for this clown.

This applies to every politician at the Federal level and most at the state level.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jul 22, 2016 -> 09:32 AM)
Agreed, though it sounded like he was just trying to get the letters out without mumbling. The 2 or 3 times he said it were the same. L-G-B-TEEE-Q

Also, one thing I will give him credit for, the dude spoke (yelled) for 1.5 hours and never took a drink! That was amazing. I'd be dying after 15 minutes.

It was the final insult to Rubio