2016 Republican Thread

southsider2k5

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 03:00 PM)
It is not actually any step though? Down that road lies rule exclusively by billionaire oligarchs.

It's a step. In the very least, it's taking out influence on the the biggest companies out there. His billion dollar real estate company and its tie ins aren't even close to 1 percent of the money involved involved in Washington. As I said, it's unforunate it is taking a billionaire himself to ignore corporate bribery, but that's where we are now.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 12:54 PM)
From the reports I read, votes meant for trump are coming out as Rubio when you check it at the end. These are electronic. The trump campaign just picked it up. Well see if it has validity.

Sounds like another lie / ploy by Trump. He'll say we won every state except one despite all the cheating and our sources say we'd have won every state in a landslide. Guy is a slimeball.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 03:06 PM)
It's a step. In the very least, it's taking out influence on the the biggest companies out there. His billion dollar real estate company and its tie ins aren't even close to 1 percent of the money involved involved in Washington. As I said, it's unforunate it is taking a billionaire himself to ignore corporate bribery, but that's where we are now.

But it's only "taking out influence" of one specific person's campaign. If anyone other than self-financing billionaires aided by absurd amounts of free media coverage who were already a household name wants to run, they're going to need to take donations, and "independent" SuperPACs will still be set up.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 03:06 PM)

Donald Trump quite literally got rich by playing the system to its fullest. He should be the last guy you would expect to fix that.

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 03:16 PM)
But it's only "taking out influence" of one specific person's campaign. If anyone other than self-financing billionaires aided by absurd amounts of free media coverage who were already a household name wants to run, they're going to need to take donations, and "independent" SuperPACs will still be set up.

Yes. Which is why I hope he destroys the entire gop party in his path. And (if Sanders can't) I would hope he can destroy the Dems propped up candidate in Hillary who is the most bought and paid for candidate I have ever seen. Hopefully, and yes I realize it may be a stretch, corporate influence can be curbed. The two systems are way way too intertwined right now.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 03:19 PM)
Donald Trump quite literally got rich by playing the system to its fullest. He should be the last guy you would expect to fix that.

The major difference being he was on the other side of it, and wasn't a puppet himself. He doesn't appear to be a corporate puppet in this campaign.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 03:25 PM)
The major difference being he was on the other side of it, and wasn't a puppet himself. He doesn't appear to be a corporate puppet in this campaign.

I say this fully hating the Bernie Sanders candidacy, but if you want someone to destroy the financial system as it exists today, vote for Bernie Sanders.

Donald Trump has done nothing but exploit and utilize the system, even sticking people like you and I with his bills through multiple bankruptcies and millions upon millions of government funding in the forms of loans and TIF money.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 07:38 PM)
I hated the idea of Mitt 4 years ago. With this ship of fools, I would happily vote for Mitt if I had the chance.

Great post. My sentiments exactly. I despised Mitt and now I'd give away my old catcher's mitt if Mitt was the nominee.

So far the only state that has closed polls but not been called for Donald Trump is Virginia. With 60% reporting, its Trump 37, Rubio 30, Cruz 17 - close enough that it hasn't been called yet but that margin is tough to beat with more than 1/2 the precincts in.

Edit: actually Vermont is still uncalled with Kasich and Trump tight.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 07:11 PM)
A super pac has been created for nothing more than to stop Donald Trump. Absolutely amazing to upset the powers at be like this. He must be doing something right.

Not sure how that actually follows, but okay.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 07:11 PM)
A super pac has been created for nothing more than to stop Donald Trump. Absolutely amazing to upset the powers at be like this. He must be doing something right.

Apparently Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, and George W Bush did something right to by that standard.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 08:27 PM)
So far the only state that has closed polls but not been called for Donald Trump is Virginia. With 60% reporting, its Trump 37, Rubio 30, Cruz 17 - close enough that it hasn't been called yet but that margin is tough to beat with more than 1/2 the precincts in.

Edit: actually Vermont is still uncalled with Kasich and Trump tight.

Virginia called for Trump. Rubio will win zero states today.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 08:01 PM)
Virginia called for Trump. Rubio will win zero states today.

And like that, the GOP establishment is dead. Not that Cruz is actually anti-establishment, but his voters are and the GOP won't get behind him.

And these morons still won't realize it is over for Rubio. They'll continue to dump money into him and refuse to get behind their glimmer of hope in Cruz.

I guess there is the Romney poison pill play still on the table.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

And like that, the GOP establishment is dead. Not that Cruz is actually anti-establishment, but his voters are and the GOP won't get behind him.

And these morons still won't realize it is over for Rubio. They'll continue to dump money into him and refuse to get behind their glimmer of hope in Cruz.

I guess there is the Romney poison pill play still on the table.

Cruz can't win the nomination, but his supporters will be the deciding factor. When it comes down to Trump vs Rubio/Kasich (where is Romney coming from?), who do Cruz' supporters swing their support to? My guess is Trump.

QUOTE (HickoryHuskers @ Mar 1, 2016 -> 08:28 PM)
Cruz can't win the nomination, but his supporters will be the deciding factor. When it comes down to Trump vs Rubio/Kasich (where is Romney coming from?), who do Cruz' supporters swing their support to? My guess is Trump.

It doesn't seem it's going to come down to Trump vs Rubio. CNN calling him to drop out. Cruz is going to call on him to drop out in his speech tonight. He really should if people want Trump out and they should back Cruz.

The Romney thing comes from a report over the weekend. Koch brothers and others met with Rubio and said you win Florida or you're out, Romney is in. Plan is to steal delegates in NY, Cali, etc to force a brokered convention. It's an absolutely stupid plan but I'm not putting it by them either.