2016 Republican Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 1, 2016 -> 09:59 AM)
The only 'first' we need to worry about is electing the first president to do the damn job right. First women/black/hispanic/trans/etc don't mean s*** if they suck at the job.

To suck at one's job in the political spectrum is so subjective though.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (pettie4sox @ Jun 2, 2016 -> 07:23 AM)
To suck at one's job in the political spectrum is so subjective though.

Regardless, people shouldn't vote for Hillary because she would be the 'first woman', just like people should not have voted for Obama because he would have been the 'first black'. if you think they can do they job, fine. But to vote simply because they would be the 'first' is idiotic.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 2, 2016 -> 08:32 AM)
Regardless, people shouldn't vote for Hillary because she would be the 'first woman', just like people should not have voted for Obama because he would have been the 'first black'. if you think they can do they job, fine. But to vote simply because they would be the 'first' is idiotic.

You won't find many people that disagree with your post.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 2, 2016 -> 08:32 AM)

First person without any government agency or elected position experience?

All you left wing loons, keep up the good work in helping Trump get elected. Somehow, if this were blacks and Mexicans getting beaten up and assaulted, the outrage would be racist Trump supporters this and racist Trump supporters that. But when it's the poor old Mexican folks with their f***ing flags waving and burning American flags.and throwing eggs at people and beating people up..it's ok. It's good to know that assault and battery are now allowed in San Jose...and are supported by their mayor...this country is so f***ed up... The best thing about asshole in Washington is all the racial healing...👍🏻 #7 1/2 months...

Ha. The San Diego riots were a disgrace. These rioters are being paid by Trump right? I mean hitting a pretty blonde woman in the face while waving the Mexican flag is not good for the other sides cause. How stupid can they be not to realize that? As I read somewhere, have to think that will get a lot of play and middle America will collectively gasp in disgust and outrage.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 07:03 PM)
Ha. The San Diego riots were a disgrace. These rioters are being paid by Trump right? I mean hitting a pretty blonde woman in the face while waving the Mexican flag is not good for the other sides cause. How stupid can they be not to realize that? As I read somewhere, have to think that will get a lot of play and middle America will collectively gasp in disgust and outrage.

The misogyny wont get any play because feminists turn the other way when it suits them. They conveniently ignored all of Bill Clinton's dalliances because he was 'on their side'. There was even one prominent member that said she would get down on her knees and give him a blow job so he could leave interns alone as thanks for helping to keep abortion legal. But if the woman that got egged was a minority and/or a Hillary supporter, wow, 24/7 coverage about how Trump hates the ladies, war on women, yada yada yada. All this virtue signaling by the Trump protesters is going to lead to the secret service shooting someone, and I will laugh at them. They keep trying to outdo the previous protest to show what good little liberals they are. And half of them are outside agitators. Telemundo got caught staging rioters for 'maximum effect'. crickets. Keep protesting him the way you are. Every time you do, you push a few more Republicans who were on the fence about voting for him into the plus column.

QUOTE (Cknolls @ Jun 3, 2016 -> 11:24 PM)
this country is so f***ed up...

You got that right. Like in Kansas, the legislature before disbanding for the summer did not attack the issue of funding schools (schools may not be able to open in August cause of funds) but did address the transgender bathroom thing. What a country. It's all P.C. and all bulls***. Very sad state of affairs. So many problems, so many issues. Nobody's making any money but the top 1 percent. Sickening.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 06:01 PM)
The misogyny wont get any play because feminists turn the other way when it suits them. They conveniently ignored all of Bill Clinton's dalliances because he was 'on their side'. There was even one prominent member that said she would get down on her knees and give him a blow job so he could leave interns alone as thanks for helping to keep abortion legal. But if the woman that got egged was a minority and/or a Hillary supporter, wow, 24/7 coverage about how Trump hates the ladies, war on women, yada yada yada. All this virtue signaling by the Trump protesters is going to lead to the secret service shooting someone, and I will laugh at them. They keep trying to outdo the previous protest to show what good little liberals they are. And half of them are outside agitators. Telemundo got caught staging rioters for 'maximum effect'. crickets. Keep protesting him the way you are. Every time you do, you push a few more Republicans who were on the fence about voting for him into the plus column.

Great post. The blowjob story was great. You speak the truth.

QUOTE (Alpha Dog @ Jun 4, 2016 -> 12:01 PM)

Are you a trump voter?

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 03:03 PM)
https://youtu.be/EwXlW_rm0Rs

The refusal to condemn this act and the rest of the San Diego rioters speaks volumes about the left. In some liberal circles such as Vox and Salon they advocate it. Telling.

Hillary condemned it. Sanders condemned it. Obama condemned it. I found 4 articles at Vox about it, all condemning it.

Vox: "Anti-trump rioting is counterproductive and wrong" http://www.vox.com/2016/6/4/11850532/anti-...unterproductive

Vox: "Violent protest is always bad" http://www.vox.com/2016/6/3/11852620/riots...ests-trump-help

Vox: "bad and dangerous" http://www.vox.com/2016/6/3/11850938/violent-protest-trump

Vox: "Violence is bad" http://www.vox.com/2016/6/3/11856746/vox-sentences-may-jobs

I did find one at Salon attempting to justify it, saying Trump & Supporters are violent/aggressive too, but overall this sounds like the "why don't Muslims ever condemn terrorism?" schtick.

Vox author in the immediate aftermath was praising the incident and calling for more of it. But upon further review they they took it down and suspended the author. Good on them.

Hillary just blamed Trump for it, which is ridiculous as if he hadn't condemned it repeatedly himself. Salon is barely worth acknowledging at this point. What a terrible site.

Edited by Buehrle>Wood

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 04:57 PM)
Vox had articles up in the immediate aftermath praising the incident and calling for more of it. But upon further review they they took it down and suspended the author. Good on them.

Hillary just blamed Trump for it, which is ridiculous as if he hadn't condemned it repeatedly himself.

So they had one article up and they punished the author and removed it. And 4 against, which remain up. You said the left was silent, but the 3 biggest figures all condemned it.

I don't know how it's ridiculous to also throw some criticism at Trump, who has explicitly supported violence at his speeches before (so long as it's against protestors, of course).

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 05:11 PM)
I said good for Vox for suspending the author. Did you not read my post?

Hillary isn't condemning anyone by blaming Trump. It's insane.

Yeah, you said that after you blamed Vox and I noted that all the articles on their site condemned the violence.

Hillary explicitly condemned the violence. She *also* said Trump deserves some blame.

"I condemn all violence in our political arena. I condemned it when Donald Trump was inciting it and congratulating people who were engaging in it. I condemn it by those who are taking violent protests to physical assault against Donald Trump. This has to end."

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 05:15 PM)
Honest question though, do you still believe they aren't largely silent? If the roles were reversed, would this not be front page news for days instead of the blip that it was?

When the 3 biggest liberal names are all condemning it, no, I don't think that's silence. These stories are blips because violence (on both sides) has become common at his rallies at this point.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 11:23 AM)
When the 3 biggest liberal names are all condemning it, no, I don't think that's silence. These stories are blips because violence (on both sides) has become common at his rallies at this point.

I of course this this is terribly wrong, but thank you for responding at least.

QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 05:20 PM)
Right. And as I said to turn that into a Trump attack isn't condemning it.

And that's nonsense.

Why can't one condemn anti-Trump violence and also criticize Trump at the same time, when Trump has a history of supporting violence?

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 5, 2016 -> 11:25 AM)
And that's nonsense.

Why can't one condemn anti-Trump violence and also criticize Trump at the same time, when Trump has a history of supporting violence?

What do you think the takeaway from her quote is? It's blaming Donald Trump. She's not dumb, that's how it will play in the media and headlines. It's naive to think otherwise. She can criticize Trump all she wants. In this particular instance, she should have condemned the San Diego violence. She blames Trump for it instead. That's not condemning it. Really, it just furthers the problem.