2016 Republican Thread

southsider2k5

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jun 6, 2016 -> 07:58 PM)
Dumb. Anybody can make a good point at anytime. Writing people off because of who you perceive them to be is one thing wrong with America. Wisdom is everywhere if you sit back, shut up and listen for it.

Ok dad...

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jun 6, 2016 -> 07:58 PM)
Dumb. Anybody can make a good point at anytime. Writing people off because of who you perceive them to be is one thing wrong with America. Wisdom is everywhere if you sit back, shut up and listen for it.

And that's a lovely extrapolation on your part. I never wrote off Stern's opinion, it's irrelevant to my point. It is just rather silly that greg, an advent anti Hillary crusader has his opinion changed by the likes of Howard f***ing Stern. It's comic gold.

Limbaugh says Trump will win in a landslide. This is interesting talk. is it true? Is Donald Trump our next president? The wild thing is if that is true, Hillary still could run and win in four years. Trump almost certainly won't get re-elected and Hillary would definitely win in 2020. That would be the wildest scenario.

I'm serious here. Please comment on my point. It truly would be EASY for Hillary in 2020 if the scenario happens that Trump wins. OK, provided he doesn't get impeached and runs again, nobody, not even most Republicans would vote for more of Trump. We'll be so sick of him in four years. Hillary, meanwhile, has no Bernie trying to annoy her. She is the hailed Democrat nominee, wins in a landslide and she makes history this time without even sweating. So either way ... Trump would just be delaying the inevitable for four years.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 01:30 PM)
Limbaugh says Trump will win in a landslide. This is interesting talk. is it true? Is Donald Trump our next president? The wild thing is if that is true, Hillary still could run and win in four years. Trump almost certainly won't get re-elected and Hillary would definitely win in 2020. That would be the wildest scenario.

I'm serious here. Please comment on my point. It truly would be EASY for Hillary in 2020 if the scenario happens that Trump wins. OK, provided he doesn't get impeached and runs again, nobody, not even most Republicans would vote for more of Trump. We'll be so sick of him in four years. Hillary, meanwhile, has no Bernie trying to annoy her. She is the hailed Democrat nominee, wins in a landslide and she makes history this time without even sweating. So either way ... Trump would just be delaying the inevitable for four years.

Greg, you need to stop getting your political news from Rush Limbaugh...

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 07:30 PM)

Didn't he also call for Romney and McCain landslides? People who live in echo chambers aren't the best at predicting election outcomes.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 07:30 PM)

If Hillary loses to Donald Trump, there's no way she'd get another shot in 2020.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 02:39 PM)
If Hillary loses to Donald Trump, there's no way she'd get another shot in 2020.

She'll take care of business this election year but yeah if you she boggled this election, she is done.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 8, 2016 -> 02:38 PM)
Didn't he also call for Romney and McCain landslides? People who live in echo chambers aren't the best at predicting election outcomes.

Limbaugh: Romney Will Win in a Landslide

Rush: Everything But Polls Say Romney Landslide

Limbaugh is a conservative entertainer, he knows his audience. I don't know how much he genuinely believes what he's saying when he comes out with claims like that.

QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Jun 10, 2016 -> 02:14 PM)

This is HUGE news!!! Why doesn't anybody care?? Hopefully ABC will keep pushing it since they got the scoop.

THEY WERE GOING TO ARREST THE REPORTER FOR ASKING QUESTIONS!!! You think Trump is dangerous? What about Hillary?? She is dangerous to our freedoms as well.

Edited by greg775

• 2 weeks later...

The haughtiness of popular media is out of control. Daily show, nbcnews, academia etc. they basically all tell you that you are a complete idiot if you aren't a bleeding-heart liberal. I can't take it any more. Nobody is right, but why am i a total idiot if i tend to think the path less traveled makes some interesting points.

I think the reason academia leans hard left has something to do with never having to fight for their dollars in the world. You go to school for 11 years to get a PHD, rack up 100s of thousands in debt, live off the government loans during that time, and then kiss up to a board of trustees or whatever to get your tenure. That earns you the right to make tons of money without ever having to enter the jungle of the real world, never experiencing supply & demand, never having to struggle and make something of yourseld, never having to take any risk, and finally, the right to say your opinions are gold because it was "such a struggle" living off the taxpayers dime for 11 years. What a bunch of baloney. If you want to teach, that's awesome, it's a sacrifice. It's not a reason to be a haughty superbrain. Walk just one mile in the real world before you trash the free market.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 12:15 AM)
The haughtiness of popular media is out of control. Daily show, nbcnews, academia etc. they basically all tell you that you are a complete idiot if you aren't a bleeding-heart liberal. I can't take it any more. Nobody is right, but why am i a total idiot if i tend to think the path less traveled makes some interesting points.

I think the reason academia leans hard left has something to do with never having to fight for their dollars in the world. You go to school for 11 years to get a PHD, rack up 100s of thousands in debt, live off the government loans during that time, and then kiss up to a board of trustees or whatever to get your tenure. That earns you the right to make tons of money without ever having to enter the jungle of the real world, never experiencing supply & demand, never having to struggle and make something of yourseld, never having to take any risk, and finally, the right to say your opinions are gold because it was "such a struggle" living off the taxpayers dime for 11 years. What a bunch of baloney. If you want to teach, that's awesome, it's a sacrifice. It's not a reason to be a haughty superbrain. Walk just one mile in the real world before you trash the free market.

Teaching hasn't been a "sacrifice" for at least 20 years.

It's the most protected and "investement lucractive" job in the US. I would personally like to see teachers get paid six figures and pay their own way...like I do.

In the real world, you can only put $16.5K a year OF YOUR OWN pre-tax $ AWAY per year, to a retirement plan. That's not even talking about HEALTH.

In the democrat world, you become a teacher or union employee of a state, put in 20-25 years, and retire with your best scale for life and medical while dips***s like me pay for it.

Then, wonder why all these teachers/cops/firemen are socially malformed and drunken f***ups all the time at the age of 55.

It's not from their jobs. It's because they never learned how to be an adult.

Edited by CB2.0

QUOTE (CB2.0 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 11:55 PM)
Teaching hasn't been a "sacrifice" for at least 20 years.

It's the most protected and "investement lucractive" job in the US. I would personally like to see teachers get paid six figures and pay their own way...like I do.

In the real world, you can only put $16.5K a year OF YOUR OWN pre-tax $ AWAY per year, to a retirement plan. That's not even talking about HEALTH.

In the democrat world, you become a teacher or union employee of a state, put in 20-25 years, and retire with your best scale for life and medical while dips***s like me pay for it.

Then, wonder why all these teachers/cops/firemen are socially malformed and drunken f***ups all the time at the age of 55.

It's not from their jobs. It's because they never learned how to be an adult.

You seem to paint people with a broad brush there, brotha.

Allow me to point out the obvious when I say not all teachers/cops and firemen are malformed drunken f***ups, fyi.

QUOTE (Y2HH @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 09:08 AM)
You seem to paint people with a broad brush there, brotha.

Allow me to point out the obvious when I say not all teachers/cops and firemen are malformed drunken f***ups, fyi.

For sure. But it's hard to ignore the fact that the people who take public jobs get to vote. They never had to put their balls out there so to speak. So I feel like if one chooses the easy way out, one's opinion should be of gratitude and thanks to the people who sweat in the jungle every day and get things done for their salary. They shouldn't be self-righteous & condescending to the free-market men & women.

The professors and hipsters love to rap on pollution, the environment, green energy, rag on oil etc. All that stuff is nice in utopialand but it's not realistic; everything is oil. While they ride their bicycle to work, they're forgetting that most of their bike components are made from oil, their clothes are made from oil, their toothbrush @ toothpaste oil, all the packaging from amazon prime is oil, everything in those boxes is oil, all the goods at their local amazon warehouse arrived in big greasy, oil-made-and-fueled trucks which drove on oil-made roads. Oil is the reason their clothes have color & why they can drink starbucks & finger their oil-based laptops. Oil is the only reason IKEA exists. Oil is the reason we all get cancers and need big pharma & high-paid doctors.

I'm all for solutions but we aren't close as a society, so until then, shut up about your bicycle & public-dime job like you're making more of a difference.

I pay taxes just like the rest of you and tax increases take away bigger chunks than go it. Most of the teachers around me are conservative not liberal. Shall we generalize about all attorneys being ACLU leaning liberals from the upper midwest and east who like to sue Texas oil companies for the environment?

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Jun 20, 2016 -> 06:01 PM)

The campaign season is SOOOO long really nobody but the Democratic candidate has a chance because the media knows how to push the right buttons to keep the Democrat fresh and the people's easy choice.

There was a time probably a couple months ago during the heat of the debate season, Trump was HOT, HOT, HOT. If there were an election back then, he'd probably be President. But the election season is SO long, it is inevitable his newness and brashness wears off and he is old news. Yes even Trump can outlive the 30 minutes of fame thing (as a presidential candidate). Couple that with the fact all the media (cept Rush) continue their bias toward the Democratic candidate and it becomes a landslide again. The media refuses to paint Hillary in a negative light, ever, and simply won't go near the email thing. The only sound bites on the email is her laughing when asked about it. They might run that clip once a month or something to pretend they are unbiased.

Anyhow, it's all timing, Mr. Trump. You didn't need to fire anybody. You were THE MAN after you annihilated all those Republicans in the debates, now you are on the inevitable slide. Hillary won't be dumb enough to debate you much if at all and you will lose in a landslide. The media had a story in Bernie vs. Hillary and wouldn't even acknowledge it was a race, despite the fact Bernie at one point was killing her in eight of 10 primaries. Trump's only hope now is to continue the assault on the media (saying they are the worst people alive and unfair and so beneath him) and really hit Hillary hard, show her no respect ever, call her Crooked Hillary as much as possible, push the email thing, push to get her indicted, unsightly stuff like that.

But ITS ALL TIMING DONALD. You were on top, even challenging Hillary for the ultimate prize, til the 15 minutes of fame calendar and same ol same ol media making a saint of the Democratic candidate made you old news.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 07:36 PM)
Or his bigotry and idiocy turned off too many voters.

Yes but nobody can deny he had his time. Right after debate season he was king and probably would have beaten Hillary had the general election been around that time. He in fact should have dropped out of the race at that point just for ego's sake. Just say he tired of the grind or something. He was never going to go any higher in the polls.

Now? The predictable landslide is assured for Ms. Clinton. The media is already gearing up for the coronation coverage first at the convention then the inauguration of first female president.

The convention coverage will be a lesson in bad journalism.

The Republican convention will be all about finding people on the floor who hate Trump and make it out to be very critical. They will try to stir up the story idea that Trump can be replaced as candidate at the convention by Romney or somebody else.

The Democratic convention, armed with potentially the same story line, will not go there regarding replacing jail-bound Hillary as a candidate. They will toss a bone to the Bernie people, giving them an opportunity to say they love Hillary and are united rather than finding the people who still want Bernie and would blast Hillary on camera.

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 07:43 PM)
Yes but nobody can deny he had his time. Right after debate season he was king and probably would have beaten Hillary had the general election been around that time.

There hasn't been any point where he's been expected to beat Clinton.

QUOTE (CrimsonWeltall @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 07:47 PM)
There hasn't been any point where he's been expected to beat Clinton.

What polls are you looking at. Do you deny he was RED HOT after the Republican debates? He was a runaway train and woulda run away with the election at that point. I can't believe with his ego he didn't recognize he stands no chance because of the biased media and didn't find an excuse to drop out. His legacy would have been assured as the one nontraditional candidate who took the country by storm. Everything is downhill from now on and for a zillionaire I'd think it'd be quite humbling and troubling, yes humiliating to get beat by Hillary Clinton of all people (lol) in a real landslide. Trump's ego?? How can it withstand a bashing by one of the worst Democratic candidates in history?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 08:51 PM)
What polls are you looking at.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/20...5491.html#polls

There's literally only one poll in the last 7 months where he leads outside the margin of error, and it's a Republican-leaning Rasmussen poll.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Jun 21, 2016 -> 08:51 PM)
Do you deny he was RED HOT after the Republican debates? He was a runaway train and woulda run away with the election at that point.

Trump has never been red hot in this election cycle because most of the population hates him. He's the least popular major party candidate of ALL TIME. And that's despite being up against the second least popular candidate.