Your new Supreme Court nominee is....

southsider2k5

13 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

If the circumstances were different I might take have that same viewpoint but Kavanaugh was smeared by the democrats and those questions were only designed to smear him further and embarrass him in front of the nation and his family based on what he said as 15-17 year old. They are not pertinent at all to the allegations made by Dr Ford.

I'm also more then willing for further investigations into this I hope it happens. The more this has been investigated the more it stinks and the more her story has fallen apart. She's already proven to have lied about the flying which you can sort of write off as a white lie but she's also proven to lied about her double door and possibly about her claims from the polygraph.

Those two are central to her claim.

I also don't believe her beach friend story at all if the Dems want to investigate further let them these allegations are garbage which is why they've already started to move the goalposts from the allegations to his temperament, partisanship. and a bunch of slang from his yearbook. In fact DIFI said the other day she doesn't want the results of the FBI investigation released to the public. Huh, I wonder why?

Literally none of the bolded has happened at all.

Fear of flying? Does everyone you know tell everyone else they know about their fears? Of course not, most people keep most of that to themselves by nature. The fact that some knew she feared it and some didn't proves zero.

There has been no evidence at all about the "double door" thing being a lie. Someone picked up some info as to other reasons the door may be there, which is not at all the same thing and I think you know that.

Nothing in her story has, from any information I've seen, changed in character either way. No more corroboration, no more evidence against. Nothing.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tony said:

We've said this over and over again, but based on the NYT piece that came out yesterday about his finances, we really all look back on this in 10 years and say "How did America get scammed like this?" Most of us have already been saying that since 2016, but I really hope it becomes more obvious to people. 

There is nothing shocking in that piece other than the fraud that occurred,. They were overcharging for apartment building needs, and not only pocketing the difference, skirting the gift tax, but using the inflated numbers to appeal the rent control.   He will get away with criminally . Hopefully, though, they can fine his ass, his brother's ass, and his federal judge sister's ass enough to make it hurt.

17 minutes ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

Literally none of the bolded has happened at all.

Fear of flying? Does everyone you know tell everyone else they know about their fears? Of course not, most people keep most of that to themselves by nature. The fact that some knew she feared it and some didn't proves zero.

There has been no evidence at all about the "double door" thing being a lie. Someone picked up some info as to other reasons the door may be there, which is not at all the same thing and I think you know that.

Nothing in her story has, from any information I've seen, changed in character either way. No more corroboration, no more evidence against. Nothing.

I think the flying stuff was her claiming she had a fear of flying and couldn't come speak to the committee (or their investigators) in Washington sooner because of that fear. But as she testified at the hearing she flies all the time, all over the place. Some people are taking that to mean she was 1) lying about her fear and 2) playing the game with the Dems and holding off on coming to testify until later in the process (and closer to the mid terms).

Just now, Jenksismyhero said:

I think the flying stuff was her claiming she had a fear of flying and couldn't come speak to the committee (or their investigators) in Washington sooner because of that fear. But as she testified at the hearing she flies all the time, all over the place. Some people are taking that to mean she was 1) lying about her fear and 2) playing the game with the Dems and holding off on coming to testify until later in the process (and closer to the mid terms).

Or it could be she was under so much stress, her fear of flying becomes worse.  I once was on a plane next to a woman who when we got ready to take off told me about her fear and asked if she could hold my hand. She was holding my hand so tight andshaking as we were going down the runway. But she still flew.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Dick Allen said:

Or it could be she was under so much stress, her fear of flying becomes worse.  I once was on a plane next to a woman who when we got ready to take off told me about her fear and asked if she could hold my hand. She was holding my hand so tight andshaking as we were going down the runway. But she still flew.

Astronaut Mae Jemison has a fear of heights. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Jenksismyhero said:

To be clear, I think that Dem Senators have absolutely played games around this. I just don't think there's any reasonable evidence around this flying topic to call it perjury, or that her "story is falling apart".

6 minutes ago, Jenksismyhero said:

Didnt Grasserly say they could have gone to her to do an interview?

Seems pretty selective who the blame is being placed on.

It all boils down to Republicans trying to rush this through and not caring about the qualifications.

It they cared theyd be looking into whether Kavanaugh lied under oath and taking enouh time as necessary.

Merrick Garland wasn't given a vote for over 8 months, why are we rushing now?

It would be one thing if she never flew because of that fear, but she obviously overcomes that fear and flies frequently. So people (not me) claim there is more to why she didn't come to Washington when asked, e.g., because she was being told not to as part of a coordinated effort to delay the nomination, not because she was fearful of a flight.

• Haha 1

Just now, Soxbadger said:

Didnt Grasserly say they could have gone to her to do an interview?

Seems pretty selective who the blame is being placed on.

It all boils down to Republicans trying to rush this through and not caring about the qualifications.

It they cared theyd be looking into whether Kavanaugh lied under oath and taking enouh time as necessary.

Merrick Garland wasn't given a vote for over 8 months, why are we rushing now?

1) Yes, and it seems that Ford wasn't aware of this so her lawyers kept it from her

2) They're rushing it because they're about to get a conservative court for the foreseeable future. I'm sure they'll gladly take the short-term PR hit for years of SC control.

4 minutes ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

To be clear, I think that Dem Senators have absolutely played games around this. I just don't think there's any reasonable evidence around this flying topic to call it perjury, or that her "story is falling apart".

Republicans started this nonsense with Garland. Its an election year according to Republicans we should let the people decide.

Just now, Jenksismyhero said:

1) Yes, and it seems that Ford wasn't aware of this so her lawyers kept it from her

2) They're rushing it because they're about to get a conservative court for the foreseeable future. I'm sure they'll gladly take the short-term PR hit for years of SC control.

Right, they dont care that Kavanaugh isnt qualified. All they care about is their team winning.

Just now, Jerksticks said:

Hopefully it’s all even now, each side totally screwing the other with a SC nominee.   

I look forward to decades of bipartisanship now!

Only way its even is if Garland gets nominated instead of Kavanaugh, which would be the fair and right thing to do.

Not that Republicans care about fair or right.

55 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

If the circumstances were different I might take have that same viewpoint but Kavanaugh was smeared by the democrats and those questions were only designed to smear him further and embarrass him in front of the nation and his family based on what he said as 15-17 year old. They are not pertinent at all to the allegations made by Dr Ford.

I'm also more then willing for further investigations into this I hope it happens. The more this has been investigated the more it stinks and the more her story has fallen apart. She's already proven to have lied about the flying which you can sort of write off as a white lie but she's also proven to lied about her double door and possibly about her claims from the polygraph.

Those two are central to her claim.

I also don't believe her beach friend story at all if the Dems want to investigate further let them these allegations are garbage which is why they've already started to move the goalposts from the allegations to his temperament, partisanship. and a bunch of slang from his yearbook. In fact DIFI said the other day she doesn't want the results of the FBI investigation released to the public. Huh, I wonder why?

Yet you are perfectly willing to share unrelated smears about Dr Ford, as if they were at all relevant to the case at hand.

45 minutes ago, Tony said:

We've said this over and over again, but based on the NYT piece that came out yesterday about his finances, we'll all look back on this in 10 years and say "How did America get scammed like this?" Most of us have already been saying that since 2016, but I really hope it becomes more obvious to people. 

I have been saying how big of a con artist he is for years.  If he told the right to drink the kool-aid, they'd ask which flavor.

7 minutes ago, Jenksismyhero said:

GMAB. Neither party cares about fair or right. You act like this is some new trend.

Prior to Garland had any party ever refused to nominate a Justice because an "election was happening in the future"?

That was a line that never had been crossed. Now an election is happening in less than 2 months, shoudlnt we have the same standard?

3 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yet you are perfectly willing to share unrelated smears about Dr Ford, as if they were at all relevant to the case at hand.

I am not and have not.

All the information I've posted has to do with the case. There is other claims out there like credit card fraud that I haven't posted or discussed because they aren't relevant.

She said under oath she has never coached anyone to take a polygraph nor is aware of any methods to beat a polygraph and has entered her polygraph as evidence. That is perititant. She has said she told her therapist about Kavanaugh and the double doors. Well we have found the double door thing extremely unlikely infact there are reports she actually installed the door as a renovation as an extra room for the the therapist business.  The very same therapist she claims she told the abuse to that she never disclosed the obvious close relationship with.

Then they added this to the article: Also casting doubt on Ford's story is the fact she installed no such escape door at a second home, which property records show she and her husband own in Santa Cruz, Calif., less than five blocks from the beach.

6 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

I am not and have not.

All the information I've posted has to do with the case. There is other claims out there like credit card fraud that I haven't posted or discussed because they aren't relevant.

She said under oath she has never coached anyone to take a polygraph nor is aware of any methods to beat a polygraph and has entered her polygraph as evidence. That is perititant. She has said she told her therapist about Kavanaugh and the double doors. Well we have found the double door thing extremely unlikely infact there are reports she actually installed the door as a renovation as an extra room for the the therapist business.  The very same therapist she claims she told the abuse to that she never disclosed the obvious close relationship with.

Then they added this to the article: Also casting doubt on Ford's story is the fact she installed no such escape door at a second home, which property records show she and her husband own in Santa Cruz, Calif., less than five blocks from the beach.

Which you got from right wing sites with zero credibility.

6 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

I am not and have not.

Actually, this is your second post about that. It was in the "letter" you posted. Now the Trump move, I haven't made any claims about credit card fraud that is out there, that is on someone else, I don't care. He would be very proud how you work in something you claim to ignore.

12 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

I am not and have not.

We’re reaching PizzaGate/Q-Anon/Seth Rich levels here...obviously, every Democratic woman in the country should make fake allegations against Kavanaugh so they could earn millions through Soros and gofundme.com appeals.

Edited by caulfield12

I find it odd that we, as in our society, don't question someone who turns out to have been molested by priests 20 years ago or more but we do when it's a woman being assaulted/raped by any regular dude.

We don't immediately question why that person who was molested by a priest didn't report it right away and immediately become dismissive like we do towards women.