Your new Supreme Court nominee is....

southsider2k5

9 minutes ago, BigSqwert said:

I find it odd that we, as in our society, don't question someone who turns out to have been molested by priests 20 years ago or more but we do when it's a woman being assaulted/raped by any regular dude.

We don't immediately question why that person who was molested by a priest didn't report it right away and immediately become dismissive like we do towards women. 

Yeah, Wimpy must have been full of crap mentioning his molestation when he was in his 50s. 

9 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Actually, this is your second post about that. It was in the "letter" you posted. Now the Trump move, I haven't made any claims about credit card fraud that is out there, that is on someone else, I don't care. He would be very proud how you work in something you claim to ignore.

Of course it's in his sworn statement I made no mention of it however because it wasn't relevant to her allegation. The legitimacy of her polygraph is. Like I said I hope after he's confirmed the Republicans/FBI run a full scale investigation into all this. That would have been my preference but unfortunately the democrats sat on it for months and with Ford waited until the 11th hour before releasing it.

It's completely unfair to Kavanuagh to not give him an up or down vote. If people feel his lack of candor when it comes to those yearbook entries disqualifies him like you do they can vote against him and if people feel Ford uncorroborated and disputed allegations are enough they can vote against him for that reason too but it's time to blank or get off the pot.

2 minutes ago, BigSqwert said:

I find it odd that we, as in our society, don't question someone who turns out to have been molested by priests 20 years ago or more but we do when it's a woman being assaulted/raped by any regular dude.

We don't immediately question why that person who was molested by a priest didn't report it right away and immediately become dismissive like we do towards women. 

That analysis ignores decades of dismissing victims of priest abuse. It's only changed because of the proof of a high level cover up. You are right in that male victims are given more credibility in general than female victims. I think it's also challenging because the people in charge of enforcing the laws are also abusers.

10 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

Of course it's in his sworn statement I made no mention of it however because it wasn't relevant to her allegation. The legitimacy of her polygraph is. Like I said I hope after he's confirmed the Republicans/FBI run a full scale investigation into all this. That would have been my preference but unfortunately the democrats sat on it for months and with Ford waited until the 11th hour before releasing it.

It's completely unfair to Kavanuagh to not give him an up or down vote. If people feel his lack of candor when it comes to those yearbook entries disqualifies him like you do they can vote against him and if people feel Ford uncorroborated and disputed allegations are enough they can vote against him for that reason too but it's time to blank or get off the pot.

Sworn statement? OK. Actual sworn statements by multiple Kavanaugh accusers means nothing to you, but some letter given to someone at Fox News is a sworn statement that tells the truth. Man are you whipped by the Trump Party. 

Let me guess, you believe all those old accusations about Harvey Weinstein, even though he denies them because of who he votes for?

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Thanks 1

57 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

We’re reaching PizzaGate/Q-Anon/Seth Rich levels here...obviously, every Democratic woman in the country should make fake allegations against Kavanaugh so they could earn millions through Soros and gofundme.com appeals.

I don't know her reasons for doing so it's clear she lied about significant portions of her story to whether that was because she and her husband were in financial difficulty and needed money. Whether it was because she didn't think she would be believed otherwise. Whether she was told to do so by her lawyers we have no idea.

If the FBI and the Republicans had time and this wasn't an 11th hour accusation it would have all been investigated. I hope the investigation continues whether he is confirmed or not. It's important we get to the truth regardless of where that may lead.

The fact of the matter is she lied about her door story. She misrepresented her therapist. She might have lied about her polygraph. These aren't some right wing conspiracy theories these are documented like her therapist residence. Like the building plan for the house. The boyfriend has made the allegation of her lying about the polygraph in a sworn statement and we've yet to hear from the person she allegedly coached or the other witness. I'll giver her the benefit of the doubt on that one until we hear from the supposed other witness and the person she coached even though those accusing Kavanaugh are giving him zero benefit of the doubt and treating similar uncorroborated allegations such as the one made by Ford as fact.

Edited by wrathofhahn

51 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

I literally laughed out loud at the last bolded.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

I don't know her reasons for doing so it's clear she lied about significant portions of her story to whether that was because she and her husband were in financial difficulty and needed money. Whether it was because she didn't think she would be believed otherwise. Whether she was told to do so by her lawyers we have no idea.

If the FBI and the Republicans had time and this wasn't an 11th hour accusation it would have all been investigated. I hope the investigation continues whether he is confirmed or not. It's important we get to the truth regardless of where that may lead.

The fact of the matter is she lied about her door story. She misrepresented her therapist. She might have lied about her polygraph. These aren't some right wing conspiracy theories these are documented like her therapist residence. Like the building plan for the house. The boyfriend has made the allegation of her lying about the polygraph in a sworn statement and we've yet to hear from the person she allegedly coached or the other witness. I'll giver her the benefit of the doubt on that one until we hear from the supposed other witness and the person she coached even though those accusing Kavanaugh are giving him zero benefit of the doubt and treating similar uncorroborated allegations such as the one made by Ford as fact.

The bolded is. again, utterly false. There has yet to be any clear evidence of anything she has said being untrue. You can keep making that up all you want, but it doesn't make it more true.

And I'm sorry you actually think she is doing this for money? This is a well-educated person who knew beyond a sliver of a doubt that her life would turn to absolute shit if she came forward. There is literally no motive for her to lie about this. The negatives far, far, far outweigh any positives in her doing so and you'd have to be blind to how she's been treated to not see that.

Now is it possible she is misremembering? Or her memory has been tainted in some way, possibly even via therapy? Is it possible Kavanaugh did it but doesn't remember so he isn't truly lying either? Sure, those are all possible, though they are corner cases and don't seem terribly likely to me. But the idea she is making this up intentionally? Come on man, wake up and be willing to see just a tiny bit of common sense beyond the haze of Trumpism.

2 hours ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

The bolded is. again, utterly false. There has yet to be any clear evidence of anything she has said being untrue. You can keep making that up all you want, but it doesn't make it more true.

And I'm sorry you actually think she is doing this for money? This is a well-educated person who knew beyond a sliver of a doubt that her life would turn to absolute shit if she came forward. There is literally no motive for her to lie about this. The negatives far, far, far outweigh any positives in her doing so and you'd have to be blind to how she's been treated to not see that.

Now is it possible she is misremembering? Or her memory has been tainted in some way, possibly even via therapy? Is it possible Kavanaugh did it but doesn't remember so he isn't truly lying either? Sure, those are all possible, though they are corner cases and don't seem terribly likely to me. But the idea she is making this up intentionally? Come on man, wake up and be willing to see just a tiny bit of common sense beyond the haze of Trumpism.

I never said that! I raised it as a possible reason for her proven lying. She has received to date well over 700K from gofundme including whatever her "beach buddies" chipped in. So it's certainly a possibility monetary reasons could be involved it would have likely been part of a FULL FBI investigation and I'm surprised the prosecutor never asked the question directly. Does she and her husband currently have a large amount of debt? Has she received any other tangible benefits other then what she mentioned in her answer? How much total did her beach buddies chip in?

Also lets not pretend this doesn't happen either Lisa Bloom and democrat donors plaid hundreds of thousands to Trumps accusers. Including paying off mortages, cars loans, etc.

And she has proven to have lied about things I've posted the evidence numerous and it should be clear as day that she lied about the door and her claustrophobia.

Lets just summarize:

2nd house has no separate exit

She lied about being afraid of flying

Home she mentions as not needing a 2nd door as an exit actually was an extension built on the house

What is even more important is what she didn't say:

The therapist she allegedly told of the alleged assault is the former owner of the house who records show ran her business from that location at the same time the Fords lived there. She never mentioned any of that in her testimony.

She also stated that the lack of a 2nd door resulted in marriage counseling but the extension was built in 2008 and the counseling supposedly took place in 2012

Then there is also the allegation from her ex that she did infact coach people on how to beat a lie detector test. I don't know if it's true or not but he signed a sworn statement to that effect so while I'll give her the benefit of the doubt in the meantime it certainly should be investigated by the FBI.

Edited by wrathofhahn

5 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

I never said that! I raised it as a possible reason for her proven lying. She has received to date well over 700K from gofundme including whatever her "beach buddies" chipped in. So it's certainly a possibility monetary reasons could be involved it would have likely been part of a FULL FBI investigation and I'm surprised the prosecutor never asked the question directly. Does she and her husband currently have a large amount of debt? Has she received any other tangible benefits other then what she mentioned in her answer? How much total did her beach buddies chip in?

Also lets not pretend this doesn't happen either Lisa Bloom and democrat donors plaid hundreds of thousands to Trumps accusers. Including paying off mortages, cars loans, etc.

And she has proven to have lied about things I've posted the evidence numerous and it should be clear as day that she lied about the door and her claustrophobia.

Lets just summarize:

2nd house has no separate exit

She lied about being afraid of flying

Home she mentions as not needing a 2nd door as an exit actually was an extension built on the house

What is even more important is what she didn't say:

The therapist she allegedly told of the alleged assault is the former owner of the house who records show ran her business from that location at the same time the Fords lived there. She never mentioned any of that in her testimony.

She also stated that the lack of a 2nd door resulted in marriage counseling but the extension was built in 2008 and the counseling supposedly took place in 2012

Then there is also the allegation from her ex that she did infact coach people on how to beat a lie detector test. I don't know if it's true or not but he signed a sworn statement to that effect so while I'll give her the benefit of the doubt in the meantime it certainly should be investigated by the FBI.

And yet more victim blaming.  How about we actually investigate the lies that the guy who is nominated for the Supreme Court has told so far?

1 hour ago, StrangeSox said:

The American conservative movement is one gigantic melting pot of increasingly insane conspiracy mindsets these days. John Birch Society 100%.

My mother in law still thinks the Russians installed Trump and screwed with the votes. Democrats for years now have pursuing their own deluded fantasy that somehow Trump is a stooge for Putin and he colluded to steal the election despite there being no evidence of that being the case.

So sorry but I had to lol on that one

6 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

And yet more victim blaming.  How about we actually investigate the lies that the guy who is nominated for the Supreme Court?

How about we investigate the actual assault allegation? That is why she was brought there to give testimony and why Kavanaugh went back to congress

If any of Kavanaugh blanket denials are lies visa via Ford he is toast and rightfully so.

Edited by wrathofhahn

7 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

How about we investigate the actual assault allegation? That is why she was brought there to give testimony and why Kavanaugh went back to congress

If any of Kavanaugh blanket denials are lies visa via Ford he is toast and rightfully so.

Which is why the focus is on victim blaming instead of the lies or the potential crimes.

27 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

I would love for it to be investigated. The victim wants the FBI to investigate it. The other accusers want the FBI to investigate it. Kavanaugh, McConnell, Graham, and Trump do not want the FBI to investigate it. In fact, this current investigation, WH counsel did not give permission to the FBI to investigate it. Dr. Ford and Bart were off limits. They said sworn statements were enough.

Amazing considering according to you she is obviously lying. 

We all know who is lying. Even moron in chief.

Edited by Dick Allen

2 hours ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

When you open with this, the rest is irrelevant. There is no proven lying.

In fairness, no one has proven that Kavanaugh lied either. There's evidence indicating that he may be lying, but there's evidence that he may not be (at least with respect to his drinking). People are making credibility calls and deciding for themselves that he is. People can (and should) do the same with her.

10 minutes ago, Jenksismyhero said:

In fairness, no one has proven that Kavanaugh lied either. There's evidence indicating that he may be lying, but there's evidence that he may not be (at least with respect to his drinking). People are making credibility calls and deciding for themselves that he is. People can (and should) do the same with her.

I agree. Seems likely he lied about the drinking but certainly it's not proven - too vague perhaps to really prove anyway. And yeah, that's what I am saying - treat it the same in this case. No one has "proven" any lies here at all. from what I can tell.

57 minutes ago, Jenksismyhero said:

Kavanaugh testified that a gathering of the type Blasey-Ford described could not have happened at any time but a weekend day. A gathering remarkably similar to the one Blasey-Ford described is noted on the 1982 calendar Kavanaugh submitted into evidence on July 1, a Thursday. Whether you believe his words or his calendar, he lied somewhere.

Personally I tend to believe the Kavanaugh that had nothing to lose by telling the truth, which would be the one who made the entry in the 1982 calendar.

Edited by Dam8610

48 minutes ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

I agree. Seems likely he lied about the drinking but certainly it's not proven - too vague perhaps to really prove anyway. And yeah, that's what I am saying - treat it the same in this case. No one has "proven" any lies here at all. from what I can tell.

One acted civil and respectful in their testimony while the other acted like a petulant child. Given who suffered the trauma in this situation (not even Kavanaugh was stupid enough to suggest that Blasey-Ford wasn't sexually assaulted), I'm surprised by which party falls into which category. That said, there are several times where Kavanaugh's sworn testimony contradicted either previous sworn testimony (similarly to Jeff Sessions's "I never met with anyone from Russia!"..."Except for all those times I met with someone from Russia.") or documentation that Kavanaugh submitted into evidence himself in an attempt to prove his innocence (such as the calendar example I gave previously). To suggest that Kavanaugh hasn't perjured himself is just willful ignorance of his testimony at this point.

23 minutes ago, Dam8610 said:

Kavanaugh testified that a gathering of the type Blasey-Ford described could not have happened at any time but a weekend day. A gathering remarkably similar to the one Blasey-Ford described is noted on the 1982 calendar Kavanaugh submitted into evidence on July 1, a Thursday. Whether you believe his words or his calendar, he lied somewhere.

Personally I tend to believe the Kavanaugh that had nothing to lose by telling the truth, which would be the one who made the entry in the 1982 calendar.

During the summer, why would that make any sense?

He had to be up on the weekends for church on Sunday morning, right?  Besides, it wasn’t even a big party, it was pre-party gathering of a small group.  But if he was already drinking/drunk before he arrived, why would that be credible to believe his denial?

Many have already corroborated his heavy drinking habits.  Nobody has argued that with Ford, at least yet.

Edited by caulfield12

3 hours ago, Jenksismyhero said:

There is at least one clear as daylight lie, FWIW. He handed over a calendar from when he was 17 showing him having 'skis. Under oath he claimed that he never drank under age. He was 17 at the time of the calendar in 1982. He further testified that the legal drinking age in Maryland was 18 at the time, and it was changed to 21 when he was 17 years old. So, provably based on the documents he handed over, he lied about drinking underage. 

1 hour ago, wrathofhahn said:

Actually I got it from Real Clear Politics but anyways all we are doing is talking in circles. Lets wait for the FBI report tomorrow.

Y the way, the friend she supposedly coached in the letter you posted, said it wasn’t true. Of course that letter named her and redacted the name of the person who supposedly wrote it,