All-City discussion

Princess Dye

These all-city teams get put together each year. Do we want to speculate a little early?

Preseason the joke was that the all-city team would be all Cubs. I'm seeing us with six spots:

LF: melky

CF: fowler

RF: eaton

3B: bryant

SS: russell

2B: zobrist (tough luck for lawrie, career year type start for him)

1B: rizzo

C: navarro (factoring in the great work with latos)

SP:

sale

arrieta

quintana

lester

lackey

closer:

robertson

I'll go against the sabr perspective to put robertson in there. but latos cant go over lackey. every indication is that latos has been a beneficiary of outside forces, whereas lackey has been hurt by them.

lester makes it but it should be noted he's been fortunate to be leaving so many on base

avisail wins the DH battle as he is running unopposed (though last year his WAR lost when compared to 0.0, so this is progress)

Alright tear me apart!!

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ May 9, 2016 -> 03:33 PM)
These all-city teams get put together each year. Do we want to speculate a little early?

Preseason the joke was that the all-city team would be all Cubs. I'm seeing us with six spots:

SP:

sale

arrieta

quintana

lester

lackey

closer:

robertson

I'll go against the sabr perspective to put robertson in there. but latos cant go over lackey. every indication is that latos has been a beneficiary of outside forces, whereas lackey has been hurt by them.

lester makes it but it should be noted he's been fortunate to be leaving so many on base

avisail wins the DH battle as he is running unopposed (though last year his WAR lost when compared to 0.0, so this is progress)

Alright tear me apart!!

I'd put Hammel in there instead of Lackey if you're willing to put Fowler in front of Heyward.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 9, 2016 -> 03:35 PM)
I'd put Hammel in there instead of Lackey if you're willing to put Fowler in front of Heyward.

maybe. what i found interesting was when league and ballpark factors are put in, hammel is far and away fifth of their five starters. yet the ERA is pristine.

of all five, lackey is missing the most bats

Edited by Jose Paniagua

Latos should be the fifth (NOW)...we're not going with what they're projected to be or what we expect them to be in July. You can make an argument for Hammel/Lackey as well. All good candidates.

Second base probably goes to Lawrie for that same reason as well. Zobrist has been hot recently, but Lawrie's been better overall, is much younger and has better defensive range to boot. (Or you can make the argument Lawrie's been more important to the team's overall energy, athleticism and has contributed more percentage-wise to the Sox offense getting kick started.)

You could say Ross or Navarro, but both are well short of the qualified number of at-bats.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2016 -> 06:02 PM)
Latos should be the fifth (NOW)...we're not going with what they're projected to be or what we expect them to be in July. You can make an argument for Hammel/Lackey as well. All good candidates.

Second base probably goes to Lawrie for that same reason as well. Zobrist has been hot recently, but Lawrie's been better overall, is much younger and has better defensive range to boot. (Or you can make the argument Lawrie's been more important to the team's overall energy, athleticism and has contributed more percentage-wise to the Sox offense getting kick started.)

You could say Ross or Navarro, but both are well short of the qualified number of at-bats.

Good points caulfield. Yea it should be based on the here and now. Would be fun to update every month- maybe Rodon scrathes out another one of their starters

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ May 9, 2016 -> 03:33 PM)

SP:

sale

arrieta

quintana

lester

lackey

closer:

robertson

Alright tear me apart!!

I'd go

Eaton RF

Zobrist 2B

Rizzo 1B

Abreu DH

Bryant LF

Heyward CF

Frazier 3B

Russell SS

Navarro C

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 9, 2016 -> 07:16 PM)
I'd go

Eaton RF

Zobrist 2B

Rizzo 1B

Abreu DH

Bryant LF

Heyward CF

Frazier 3B

Russell SS

Navarro C

Mine is similar.

Eaton RF

Zobrist SS

Rizzo 1B

Abreu DH

Bryant LF

Heyward CF

Frazier 3B

Lawrie 2B

Navarro C

Got Zobrist and Lawrie both in, because Russell isn't that good yet.

When's the last time Zobrist played SS, lol?

I actually think Lawrie could probably go out and play that position better than Ben, but the point is taken about not just giving Russell credit until it's due.

And with his homer last night, and defensive play, Baez is actually worth more so far this season than Addison.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ May 9, 2016 -> 07:16 PM)
I'd go

Eaton RF

Zobrist 2B

Rizzo 1B

Abreu DH

Bryant LF

Heyward CF

Frazier 3B

Russell SS

Navarro C

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 9, 2016 -> 08:27 PM)
Mine is similar.

Eaton RF

Zobrist SS

Rizzo 1B

Abreu DH

Bryant LF

Heyward CF

Frazier 3B

Lawrie 2B

Navarro C

There is no rhyme or reason to put Heyward over Fowler to this point this year.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ May 9, 2016 -> 08:27 PM)
Mine is similar.

Eaton RF

Zobrist SS

Rizzo 1B

Abreu DH

Bryant LF

Heyward CF

Frazier 3B

Lawrie 2B

Navarro C

I like this lineup, too. Obviously a little tweaking and assuming AL rues.