5/23 Game 1 - Indians @ Sox, 4:10, CSN

• Replies 758
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Knuckles @ May 23, 2016 -> 05:31 PM)
I think Latos' amazing April is making fans delusional, essentially he's the 4th guy, he will give up runs. Just limit the damage here please.

He is a 5. We really need to find a 3 to compliment Sale, Q, and Rodon

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2016 -> 05:34 PM)
So done with Latos. Can't give him more than 3-4 more starts with how awful he looks

He got lucky facing some bad hitting clubs. Now he's facing good hitting clubs and getting tattooed...pardon the pun

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 23, 2016 -> 05:35 PM)
Honestly lately most of his good has just been "right size, wrong shape" or "rocket right at ____"

Eh he'll still get guys to make weak contact if he hits his spots. The problem is that he's not hitting his spots lately.

QUOTE (Knuckles @ May 23, 2016 -> 10:31 PM)
I think Latos' amazing April is making fans delusional, essentially he's the 4th guy, he will give up runs. Just limit the damage here please.

The fans should know he is the #4 guy and maybe a #5 but he tends to hang balls that get hit hard. But, the giving up 8 homers is the same number as Rodon. He did just come back pretty good there to hold that runner from scoring. Now let's get some RUNS

Edited by elrockinMT

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ May 23, 2016 -> 04:36 PM)
2 bad pitches 2 scrubs take him out.lets get some more runs fellas.

I'm not sure I wouldn't rather have Marlon Byrd's veteran bat than Avisail's.

If Garcia hit one out, wouldn't their fans think of him as a scrub, too?

A 4.5ish ERA is all you can realistically expect out of a 5th starter. That's if you're lucky. 4.75-5.25 is just as likely (see Danks).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Knuckles @ May 23, 2016 -> 05:35 PM)
Who would you rather have?

Exactly what I told someone on Twitter. Who would you bring up? Truth is he's a back end rotation starter. He is what he is and that's someone who isn't Danks.

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 23, 2016 -> 06:37 PM)
Eh he'll still get guys to make weak contact if he hits his spots. The problem is that he's not hitting his spots lately.

I don't mind him. For a dumpster dive signing he's been great. But as others are saying, ideally he's a 5th starter. Sox really need to find a 4th starter somewhere. Someone should be available fairly cheap within a month or so.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ May 23, 2016 -> 05:39 PM)
I don't mind him. For a dumpster dive signing he's been great. But as others are saying, ideally he's a 5th starter. Sox really need to find a 4th starter somewhere. Someone should be available fairly cheap within a month or so.

Would would it take to get Teheran?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 23, 2016 -> 06:34 PM)
So done with Latos. Can't give him more than 3-4 more starts with how awful he looks

Seriously? He's only given up 3 runs so far in 5 innings. Ball is carrying tonight, and he got out of a jam. He's fine. You probably wouldn't be saying that if the Sox were winning by a few runs...

QUOTE (SouthSideSale @ May 23, 2016 -> 10:38 PM)
Exactly what I told someone on Twitter. Who would you bring up? Truth is he's a back end rotation starter. He is what he is and that's someone who isn't Danks.

It's why Hahn is trying to get someone