Your Trade Target Wishlist

Dunt

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jun 14, 2016 -> 06:53 AM)
How times have changed. In 1997, the Sox were 3 1/2 games out in July and traded away vets for prospects, and some fans still haven't forgiven them for the "White Flag Trade". Now, on June 14th, the Sox are 3 1/2 games out, ironically behind the same team, although far less talented roster, and many fans want to blow the whole thing up.

Get another bat, and win the division.

:lol:

You're missing 2 pen arms

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do we really want to add another notorious PED's guy?

Are Brewers or Braun fans going to come out and support him at USCF?

JR is going to be gun shy to add any commitment beyond 2017 after what has taken place with Shields the last 3 starts.

Edited by caulfield12

My son and I were on the way home from his game on Monday, and when we got into the car we heard that the Sox were down by 6 in the second inning. I went into a tirade about how the Sox need to just sell and start over. I tried to get my son to understand what kind of young (potential) talent the Sox could get for players like Sale and Quintana, but I couldn't think of any specific players they could get. After the Sox came back and won I relaxed a bit, but I'm still not sold on this team being able to compete. It's not going to take much more baseball like they've been playing before we'll need to consider that the Sox should be sellers.

I obviously want the Sox to win, and I want them to compete for a playoff spot this year. But I'm also becoming more and more a realist each day. If the Sox don't improve over the next month and continue to fall in the division, should the Sox seriously look to trade guys like Sale and Quintana? Would they make trades like that? And if so, what sort of players should they target? Are Sale and Quintana worth some team's top prospects?

Unless this team proves that a player adding 1-2 wins will give them an advantage over cleveland, they should not buy. The more this team tries to add, the more we find that staying put would have done the same thing.