White Sox vs Tigers 7:10PM WPWR tv

Kyyle23

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of positives and negatives all in one game. The worst? Shields. Godawful for the second straight start.

Many positives including clutch at-bats by Melky, Avi Garcia, Abreu, Eaton, and Shuck..

Tim Anderson had some nice plays at short, a good bunt, and showed tremendous speed on the bases.

Our bullpen held up on a long, long night...something that has not been the case for the last few weeks.

It would be nice to get a win later today to guarantee a series win.

Nice job by Renteria in place of Ventura. Maybe Jerry Reinsdorf saw that or will be told about it.

My favorite shot of fans in the stands was as a little kid with a Cubs hat getting all upset when the Tigers couldn't score in the 11th. Cub fans bring their kids to root against the White Sox? WTH?

Great fight to overcome an awful game. Let's see if it sticks.

Todd Frazier. Many of you want to give him a free pass because HR and RBI numbers are strong. And I do not dispute that. but .206 people. .206. Power hitters get slack down to maybe .235/.240. Maybe a tiny bit lower if they get on via walk regularly. He does not. He has left gobs on base. And the defense everyone loves. Average. I bet he's league average at best. Missed tag tonight won't be an error. But it's one of many blunders.

Avi: Big hit yes. But I absolutely hate this guy. THREE defensive misplays in first TWO innings. The bobble. Then gives up ball that hit railing. Then gives up on the foul ball the next inning. That's two more outs Shields had to get. Help your pitcher out. I can't wait till he's gone.

Coats: Sorry but he looks completely over matched. Swinging at multiple head high pitches is AAAA all over it. I wanted him to be good to replace Avi and do think - if you are gonna play him - he needs to be in field.

Melky: Hard to complain as he's been steady but this is another instance, like Avila trotting after passed ball, where teams took advantage of our lack of effort. ANd that is inexcusable. A CATCHER getting to 3rd because he trotted after the ball after he misplayed. Yes Frazier missed the tag but if he hussles it's a non issue. Turned out to be the reason we went extras. So that's 3 more innings pithced by our pen, played by our team, because of lack of hussle.

Eaton - A STOLEN BASE! Great game.

Abreu - I finally see the breakout a little. Keep mashing. Need it more than anyone knows.

The pen: Danish good riddance. I don't see it at this point in time. The WALKS> Jennings, Drob. THE WALKS. ENOUGH.

Last and definitely least: Shields. What the hell is happening. Has no zip on his pitches. Beyond that, the walks, the wild pitch. That insanely bad lose your composure throw into centerfield. Just WHAT?! Avi killed him twice making him work harder but this is horrifying. the thought of two more years of this guy.

TGIG tomorrow. Thank God it's Miguel.

i was wondering what the win probability % was listening to the radio when we were down 7,,, im glad i still tuned in when i got home. Shuck had bases loaded in the 9th and i didnt want him in there but was unaware if we had anybody worthwhile available. It was nice he was in to hit a grounder under cabreras frozen glove and score. Mentally this can only help!