2016-17 NHL Thread

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 28, 2017 -> 06:32 PM)
Darling's UFA rights traded to CAR for a 3rd.

Great trade since there was zero chance they could afford to sign him. Now we know Corey is definitely staying put and the Hawks desperately need a dependable cheap backup goalie

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ May 2, 2017 -> 07:53 AM)
Won it though, lol

Ha, they finally got something from Shattenkirk. The Penguins are being very quiet about the Crosby injury but doesn't sound like he will be out long. With his concussion history though...

ESPN Stats & Info‏Verified account @ESPNStatsInfo 15m15 minutes ago There have been 7 Penguins-Capitals games in which Ovechkin played and Crosby did not. Capitals are 5-0-2 in those games. (via @EliasSports)

ESPNVerified account @espn Penguins' Sidney Crosby out for Game 4 after suffering concussion on a cross-check in Game 3: http://es.pn/2pt2efa

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ May 2, 2017 -> 02:36 PM)
That sucks for Crosby, with his history wouldn't even doubt he misses the rest of the series.

Crosby went through full-contact practice, is day-to-day. I'm not doubting the doctors, but that just seems crazy with his history.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 5, 2017 -> 07:09 PM)
Canes sign Darling. 4 years, 4.15 million.

What a story. He drank himself down to semi pro leagues and made it all the way back to get his name on a Cup and sign a $16 million contract. Hope he does well in Raleigh.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 7, 2017 -> 08:27 PM)
Death, taxes, and the Ducks blowing 3-2 series leads

Good. Can't stand that team. With the Blues losing, I only need to see Anaheim and Pittsburgh lose and I'll be happy as a neutral fan the rest of the way.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 7, 2017 -> 06:27 PM)
Death, taxes, and the Ducks blowing 3-2 series leads

I was at the epic game 5 comeback. Was sitting in a suite next to Gretzky and on the other side were 30 Edmonton fans (who flew from Edmonton). Was priceless seeing the reactions, haha (as a non Duck / Non oiler fan...I root for fan meltdowns, haha). Crazy game though...3 goals in 3:30 minutes and then the winner in 2 OT.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 8, 2017 -> 11:08 AM)
I was at the epic game 5 comeback. Was sitting in a suite next to Gretzky and on the other side were 30 Edmonton fans (who flew from Edmonton). Was priceless seeing the reactions, haha (as a non Duck / Non oiler fan...I root for fan meltdowns, haha). Crazy game though...3 goals in 3:30 minutes and then the winner in 2 OT.

Nice, that must have been an epic scene, seemed like a lot of Oilers fans in the crowd. That was late start here, so I called it a night early in the 3rd period, I was shocked to see the score in the morning.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ May 9, 2017 -> 06:41 AM)
Caps should win game 7, but I'd be willing to bet they're gonna lose in devastating fashion tomorrow.

Wednesday night should be fun, you have two teams playing with a recent history of falling flat on their face in big games. Although at least the Ducks have their Cup from 10 years ago, the Caps haven't even made the final 4 in like 20 years.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 9, 2017 -> 07:50 AM)
Wednesday night should be fun, you have two teams playing with a recent history of falling flat on their face in big games. Although at least the Ducks have their Cup from 10 years ago, the Caps haven't even made the final 4 in like 20 years.

Exactly, I'm fully with the Oilers winning tomorrow.Not a big Ducks fan so I'm okay with that but Caps lose tomorrow and Ovechkin might as well just go play in Russia. He'll never win a SC.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ May 9, 2017 -> 08:03 AM)
Exactly, I'm fully with the Oilers winning tomorrow.Not a big Ducks fan so I'm okay with that but Caps lose tomorrow and Ovechkin might as well just go play in Russia. He'll never win a SC.

And he now has the ultimate game 7 weapon / lucky charm on his side. If not this year, then never.

Stephen Whyno‏ @SWhyno 18h18 hours ago

Mr. Game 7 Justin Williams will play his first Game 7 with #Caps in 2nd season in Washington. He has 7 goals, 7 assists, is 7-0 in Game 7s.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 10, 2017 -> 09:25 PM)
Caps lose and Ducks are down early in a game 7 at home. Why even play the games?

Caps gonna Caps,lol and I honestly thought Ducks we're gonna get shafted. They had a lot of scoring chances and just weren't capitalizing. At least they pulled it out.