That's a white sox winner???

bmags

Nice to see the offense show up.

Somehow Shields only gave up one run despite eight hits and a walk in seven innings.

That ninth inning was just ugly, most of those runs were unearned though.

One final thought, Purke sucks.

Mark

QUOTE (Lip Man 1 @ Jun 29, 2016 -> 10:38 PM)
Somehow Shields only gave up one run despite eight hits and a walk in seven innings.

Need help figuring out how that math works out or something?

Reminiscent of the infamous Jose Paniagua game against the Twins in 2003. (That was the last game that particular season we beat them, if memory serves correctly.)

I really thought former Sox prospect Escobar (who kills us usually) was going to drill a line drive just barely over the fence and tie it up...well, just because we lived through the same or similar outcomes in Texas and against the Royals that three game set with 3 blown leads, including the HUGE lead in the 9th.

Actually, pretty sure 90% of Sox fans had already moved on to other things and were shocked to see how close it came to actually being a tie game there in the 9th despite a 9-1 lead.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 06:12 AM)
Reminiscent of the infamous Jose Paniagua game against the Twins in 2003. (That was the last game that particular season we beat them, if memory serves correctly.)

I really thought former Sox prospect Escobar (who kills us usually) was going to drill a line drive just barely over the fence and tie it up...well, just because we lived through the same or similar outcomes in Texas and against the Royals that three game set with 3 blown leads, including the HUGE lead in the 9th.

Actually, pretty sure 90% of Sox fans had already moved on to other things and were shocked to see how close it came to actually being a tie game there in the 9th despite a 9-1 lead.

When Jennings hit that batter on a crap breaking ball all bets were off and I thought we might lose. Fans were standing cheering for the final out and little did they know it almost never came. Disgraceful ending.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 30, 2016 -> 12:09 PM)
No game thread today because a certain someone is pooping or popping, not sure which?

he is on cali time. Thats the only thing i can think is the reason why